Memories

My Heart Only Stops for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Sungjin: This is him… This is hyung! It’s really Sungmin hyung!

 

He calls me hyung… Is he really my human brother?

Sungmin stared right at Sungjin, frozen in his position.

 

“Hyung…? Sungmin hyung?”

 

I can’t… I can’t let him know I’m no longer a human…

“Who are you?”

Sungmin watched as Sungjin started to panic. 

 

~Sungjin: He doesn’t remember me…?

“I’m Sungjin, your younger brother… Do you n-not re-remember me?” Sungjin took a step forward, closing the gap between the two.

“I think you’ve gotten the wrong person. I don’t know you and I don’t have a younger brother.” Sungmin zipped his bag and turned around to leave.

“No no! Hyung!” Sungjin grabbed Sungmin by his left arm.

 

The image of their family photo flashed past and blurred images of Sungmin walking on the dark streets started playing in his head. Sungmin shut his eyes tight as a sharp pain shot through in his head.

 

“Look at me! I’m Sungjin! Your brother! We spent all these years growing up together! And Mum and Dad… We’ve been looking for you the past three years!”

 

Sungmin felt his whole body tensed up. He could hear his own heartbeat clearly.
He saw himself being caught by his neck and pushed into a dark alley. His head started to throb with pain.

 

Without turning around, Sungmin grabbed Sungjin’s hand with his right hand and attempted to free himself. Then, the images flooded in.

Images of him getting attacked by a vampire. Then a flashback into his past. Images of him at his birthday party, images of him at his high school graduation, images of him at the beach with his brother, images of him and his family…

 

He was heaving heavily and the throbbing in his head came faster and stronger.

Sungjin was talking non-stop but Sungmin couldn’t hear him anymore. The voices that came with the images were drowning out Sungjin’s voice.

 

Please… Stop! The memories, Sungjin… stop… Don’t let Sungjin find me.

 

Sungmin desperately wanted to escape, but he couldn’t feel his legs. He was blinded by the endless flow of memories.

 

 

Suddenly, he felt someone pry off his hand and Sungjin’s hand and the images stopped instantly. Someone held him up from the back.

 

“Hyung! Are you okay?” Eunhyuk’s voice rang in Sungmin’s ears.

 

It’s Hyukjae…

 

“H-hyuk… get me out of here.. please.”

 

“Hyung! Sungmin hyung!”

Sungmin heard a few voices calling for him, but everything was fading away, except for the constant throbbing that was still haunting him.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Hyung hyung!”
Sungmin lost consciousness in Eunhyuk’s arms.

“Donghae!” Eunhyuk shouted for his partner.

 

Flustered, Sungjin patted Sungmin’s face lightly. “Hyung, are you okay? Wake up!”

“Enough! I’m bringing him to the clinic.” Eunhyuk pushed away Sungjin’s hand.

“I’m going too.” Sungjin declared.

“No. I’m bringing him home.”

 

Donghae rushed over, shocked to see Sungmin unconscious in Eunhyuk’s arms on the floor.

“What happened, Hyuk?” Donghae asked while bending down for Eunhyuk to help Sungmin onto his back.

 

“I’m comin-“

“No. You’re not going to follow us.” Eunhyuk cut Sungjin off sternly.

 

“I—"

 

“Hae, home.” Eunhyuk said as Donghae stood up, carrying Sungmin on his back.

 

Donghae walked ahead as Eunhyuk picked up Sungmin’s bag and their own bags on the floor.

As Eunhyuk turned around to follow Donghae, Sungjin took a step forward. He was not going to let go of his brother now.

“I don’t want to repeat myself again. Don’t follow us.” Eunhyuk warned.

 

Sungjin watched them leave the corridor, then chased out. However, they were no longer in sight.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sungmin found himself lying in his own bed. The pain in his head had yet to subside fully. Opening his eyes slightly, he could see the backs of Leeteuk and Eunhyuk at the door.

 

“He was practically begging me to get him out of there, hyung. The expression on his face before he passed out was so pained.” Eunhyuk said.

 

Sungmin strained himself and sat up in bed.

 

“The guy he was talking to… are you sure it is his brother?” Leeteuk asked.

“I heard him calling Ming ‘Sungmin hyung’. I don’t think Ming has any close dongsaengs yet in college.”

 

 

“He is… Sungjin, my – ah!” Sungmin’s words were cut off by the pain in his head. The throbbing was back and so were the images.
He held his head and grabbed his hair tightly.

“Min! Are you alright!” Leeteuk and Eunhyuk rushed over to the bed.

 

“His emotions… he’s scared and panicking. Lay him down, Hyukjae!” Leeteuk instructed. He concentrated to manipulate Sungmin’s emotions.

Sungmin felt a wave of comfort come over him. He calmed down as the last of his memories finished playing. He had seen everything of his past – those memories that had been locked up since his transformation.

 

Opening his eyes, Sungmin saw Leeteuk and Eunhyuk bending over him.

“Are you feeling okay now?” Leeteuk asked as a gentle smile formed on his face.

 

Sungmin stared blankly at their faces. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter