Revelation

My Heart Only Stops for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm back! Thanks for waiting! ^^ 

 

 

Sungmin put his headphones on, turning the volume up to the maximum and started his heavy metal playlist. He had been running around the forest for three hours before he decided to go home, but the questions in the minds of the others immediately made him regret his decision. He needed silence and the only way was to drown out everything with the blasting music.

He lay against the headboard of his bed and attempted to concentrate on the music. Although he was able to drown out the voices of others, he couldn’t control his own.

 

Kangin had found him in the forest at noon to convince him to come back. He told him how Leeteuk was disappointed that he didn’t even try to talk to them, yet worried about him for leaving house for so long. Kyuhyun had been worried too and repeatedly contacted Zhoumi to ask for his whereabouts.

It made Sungmin feel guilty for worrying the people he loved, but he wasn’t ready to come back at all. He wanted to sort out his thoughts alone without others supplying ideas even if they didn’t want to say it out loud to him.

 

But Kangin told him one thing that forced him to come back. Heechul had been keeping an eye on Kyuhyun’s future and he saw Kyuhyun getting attacked on the rooftop.

Sungmin sped off for school after promising Kangin he would be home that night. He didn’t even wait for Kangin to respond.

 

In school, Sungmin searched through the minds of the others to check if they had just passed Kyuhyun. He eventually caught Kyuhyun’s scent on the second floor of a building in Math & Science Fac and it led him all the way to the rooftop.

Key and the rest were running towards the edge of rooftop then and he bolted through them to catch Kyuhyun right when Kyuhyun lost hold.

 

Now that the entire matter was over and he was sure Kyuhyun is safe, the anxiety is creeping up on him. He almost lost Kyuhyun. The righteous part of him is nagging at himself that this is precisely the reason why he should stay away from Kyuhyun. He was the reason why Key brought his friends to attack Kyuhyun. He was disrupting Kyuhyun’s peaceful life and planting threats unknowingly everywhere. And the biggest threat of them all – Me.

Sungmin sighed. For the entire week, he had wanted to return to Kyuhyun so badly. Even if Kangin didn’t come to get him, he would have given up and returned to Kyuhyun the next day, regardless of whether he had sorted out his thoughts. Somehow, he wondered if Kyuhyun would be safer if he was there to protect him from the other dangers. Maybe I’m just twisting things to support my own wants. How selfish.

 

 

Sungmin heard some laughter coming from the first floor of the house. Initially, he thought it was the other family members, but someone mentioned his name – something they wouldn’t do at this moment to disturb him.

He turned off the music and pulled his headphones off. Then it struck him.

 

Kyuhyun’s voice.

 

Sungmin contemplated whether he could run away into the forest now. But Zhoumi was screaming for his attention in his mind.

~ZM: HYUNG! I hope you’re listening. He knows. He knows our secret. He said he saw you.

 

Sungmin stood still in his spot; anxiety seizing him again. He dashed out of the door and down the staircase, stopping before the living room.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Kyuhyun! How pleasant to see you here again! But why are you in hospital clothes? And what happened to your shoulder?” Leeteuk’s expression was far from the shock in his voice. 

“Leeteuk-ssi, it’s just some minor injuries.” Kyuhyun replied politely.

“Well, you still have to take care of yourself well to heal faster.” Leeteuk said as he led Kyuhyun into the living room, where Kangin was sitting at. Zhoumi followed behind.

 

“Where’s the rest?” Zhoumi whispered to Leeteuk as Kyuhyun took his seat.

“They’ve all gone out. Too many voices and thoughts.” Leeteuk whispered softly, making sure Kyuhyun couldn’t hear him.

Zhoumi nodded and took a seat beside Kyuhyun.

 

“Kyuhyun, so what’s up? Looking for Sungmin again?” Kangin smiled.

“Actually, hyung. We have a bit of a complication here… It would be better if we discuss it together with Sungmin hyung.” Zhoumi answered for Kyuhyun.

“Yes, I need to talk to Sungmin-ssi.” Kyuhyun agreed.

“Here he is.” Kangin announced when everyone heard Sungmin’s footsteps down the staircase, except for Kyuhyun.

 

Sungmin stood at the end of the staircase, glancing over at Kyuhyun.

He looks… worried. Does he know that I know already?

Kyuhyun played with his fingers nervously and looked at the coffee table to avoid Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“Minnie, come here. Don’t just stand there.” Leeteuk wondered if the uneasiness radiating from Sungmin was due to Kyuhyun’s presence.

Sungmin walked cautiously over to the living room and sat beside Leeteuk, right opposite Kyuhyun. His eyes never left Kyuhyun.

 

“So… shall we start with the complication?” Kangin suggested.

Kyuhyun nudged Zhoumi lightly with his elbow, hoping that he would say something. He could hear his own heart racing in the tense atmosphere.

“I think it’s better if you tell them yourself, Kyuhyun-ssi.” Zhoumi said, smilling encouragingly.

 

Kyuhyun wondered if he felt light-headed because of the anxiety or his injury.

“Breathe.” Sungmin said with a clear voice, making Kyuhyun gasp.

So it’s the anxiety…

 

Leeteuk and Kangin looked at him anticipatedly.

 

“I’m not sure how to say this, but I… found out about the secret.” Kyuhyun whispered the last few words so softly he thought no one could hear him, but he was proven wrong by the expression on Leeteuk and Kangin’s faces.

“What secret?” Leeteuk questioned.

“Uh… About the fact that all of you are vampires?” The last word came out off-pitched.

 

Kyuhyun felt self-conscious as the rest observed him silently.

 

“If we are really vampires, do you think you will sitting here alive?” Leeteuk said seriously.

“Uh, hyung, he saw Sungmin hyung saving him… And I kind of admitted with my actions already.” Zhoumi shut his left eye, afraid that Leeteuk would shout at him. Leeteuk has always been a gentle guy, but he has his scary moments when he is serious or angry.

Instead of Leeteuk, it was Sungmin who spoke up.
“See me saving him? He didn’t. I was sure he fainted.”

 

Zhoumi looked at Kyuhyun incredulously and Kyuhyun shrunk in guiltiness.

“S-Sorry… I had to do that for you to admit it, even though I was just taking a bet.” Kyuhyun muttered.

“I—I—How—Kyuhyun-ssi!” Zhoumi exclaimed, making Kyuhyun jump towards the other corner of the sofa.

 

“Zhoumi, it’s okay.” Leeteuk said, calming Zhoumi down immediately. Kyuhyun felt a wave of calmness pass over him as well.

“I—I—Ahh, I was so stupid. I’m sorry, hyungs.” Zhoumi glanced apologetically to the three hyungs sitting opposite him.

 

“Nah, it’s Kyuhyun here who is too witty.” Kangin winked at Kyuhyun, seeming to be not bothered that their secret has been leaked. “Are you not afraid of us then?” Kangin grinned cheekily.

“If you all wanted to kill me, I wouldn’t be alive till now.” Kyuhyun managed to sound calm, although he could hear his heart racing clearly.

“Hahahaha, witty indeed!” Kangin’s eyes turned into a smile as he laughed heartily. Leeteuk laughed along lightly.

 

“S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter