Dating

My Heart Only Stops for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin as he sped the Mercedes-Benz down the road. He couldn’t stand the silence in the car.

“Are you angry at me?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin kept his gaze straight on the road, seeming to miss Kyuhyun’s question.


“Why? What did I do wrongly?”

“You don’t know what you did wrongly?”

“How is asking whether I’m going to be a vampire a wrong thing? It’s a possibility!”

“Fine, you did nothing wrong. But that possibility ceases to exist.”

“Who determines that? How can you say that so easily?”

“Nobody in our family will touch you as long as I disagree. Unless you are crazy enough to go find another vampire outside our family although you will probably just get dry. And that’s if you can even find a vampire in the first place.”

“But why? If I become one, I can stay with you for eternity. Look at you, forever this gorgeous and at this age. And look at me, my body is growing older and weaker by the day.”

“You are not past adolescence. Your body is getting stronger, not weaker.”

“I’m at the end of it. It will happen soon.”


“I don’t want to fight with you on this. But I will never give in. Not this, Kyuhyun.”

“Why? At least give me a reason. And can you stop driving this fast when you’re talking to me? What if we get into an accident? Focus on the road.”

“It’s not that easy for me to get into an accident just because I’m talking to someone. It will take a dozen more things to distract me before there’s a possibility.”

“Fine. You are a formidable vampire, while I’m a weak and useless human.”

 

“Kyuhyun…”

“Tell me why!”

“I don’t want you to regret if you decide that there is someone better for you than me.”

“But there isn’t one!”

“You never know, Kyuhyun. I still don’t know if I made the right decision to be with you.”

“So you have someone else in mind?”

“No, there is no one else for me except you. I mean the right decision for you.”

“There is no one else for me except you too! I’m hundred-percent sure about this; my decision won’t change.”

“Even if it is so, you don’t have to become a vampire.”

“But I will age and eventually die, while you look like this forever!”

“What about your parents? Your family? Your friends? How are you going to face them?”

This time, Kyuhyun hesistated. “I’ll… I’ll keep away from them and visit them when I’m able to control myself.”

“No, I’m not going to deprive you from your human life just because of myself.”

“But—”

“This discussion ends here, Kyuhyun. You have other things to deal with.”

 

As Sungmin drove around the corner into Kyuhyun’s street, Kyuhyun could see the silhouette of two guys standing in front of his house.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow in school, right?” Kyuhyun bent over the car window.

“Yes, have a good rest.” Sungmin replied, his face straight.

“Call me when you get home.”

“I will text you.” With that, Sungmin sped down the road again in his pastel pink car.

 

 

Kyuhyun slowly turned around to see his two friends waiting before his doorstep. Siwon’s face was as though he wanted to kill someone.

 

“Hey…” Kyuhyun trudged towards his friends.

“You—!” Siwon raised his arm at Kyuhyun, making him hide behind Changmin immediately.

“Sorry sorry! I know I shouldn’t have left without telling you two.”

“Siwon.” Changmin called, and Siwon dropped his arm.

 

“Aiish! We looked for you the whole evening you know!”
They had tracked Kyuhyun’s scent all the way to the Ohana residence before deciding to wait at Kyuhyun’s house instead.

“Did he bring you out of the hospital?” Changmin asked, looking into the direction where Sungmin’s car left in.

“No, his… friend did.”
Zhoumi didn’t tell me whether he was supposed to be a cousin or a brother or what.

“Friend? The one we met in the corridor?” Changmin raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah.”

 

“Why were you with them? And why did they sneak you out of the hospital?” Siwon interrogated.

“I wanted to meet Sungmin, so I asked Zhoumi to bring me.” Kyuhyun replied.

“You went to their house again. Didn’t I tell you that they were dangerous?!” Siwon yelled, waving his arms in the air.

“What dangerous? What do you even know about them?” Kyuhyun retorted.

 Does he know their identity?

 

“They are—”

`CM: No, Siwon.

 

Siwon left out an exasperated sigh. “He’s the reason why you got attacked. Isn’t that dangerous enough?!”

“You can’t blame that on him. He wasn’t the one who attacked me.”

“Whatever. Just stay away from him, okay?”

“Why?”

“He is dangerous. His whole family is! How many times do I have to tell you this?”

“Don’t tell me that unless you have a reason or can show that they are dangerous.” Kyuhyun challenged. He wanted to test if his friends knew about Ohana’s identity.

“ARGH.” Siwon shouted in frustration.

 

`SW: YOU TRY.

 

“It’s for your own good, Kyuhyun. Nothing good will come out if you stick to him.” Changmin persuaded.

“I can’t.”

“You can’t what?”

“I can’t stay away from Sungmin.” Kyuhyun said.

“Why not? Just request to change seats in class or drop that module!” Changmin said.

“It has nothing to do with school. We’re together now.”

“Together?”
 

“Yes, together. We are dating.”

 

 

“AHH!” Both Kyuhyun and Changmin turned to see Siwon sprint onto the road, into the distance.

 

“Siwon!” Changmin called after him.

“We will talk out about this tomorrow. Your parents are waiting for you inside.” Changmin said to Kyuhyun, before taking off after Siwon.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Changmin picked up Siwon’s clothes shreds before the woods. He stepped into the dark cover of the woods, took off his clothes and phased.

Siwon’s view kept changing – he was running everywhere in the woods.

 

`SW: He is dating he is dating he is dating.

`CM: Siwon, stop running. Calm down.

`SW: Stop following me, bro.

`CM: You know he was going to get attached one day and there was a possibility it wouldn’t be you.

`SW: No… Shut up, Changmin.

`CM: Bro, the problem now isn’t Kyuhyun being attached.
Can you calm down and look at this reasonably?

`SW: Why doesn’t he like me?

`CM: CHOI SIWON. KYU IS GOING OUT WITH A VAMPIRE.
Shouldn’t you be worried about his safety instead of yourself falling out of love?!

 

`Jaejoong(JJ): What is all this about?

`YH: Come back to the house now, you two!

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Siwon traced his fingers along the ‘Ohana’ signboard. He knew this vampire coven named themselves ‘Ohana’, but he never knew what it meant.

 

“Family.”

A voice jutted Siwon out of his thoughts.

 

“What?” Siwon turned to see a tall guy stepping out of the opening gates. He recognized him as the one who talked to Kyuhyun in the corridors – the one who sneaked Kyuhyun out of the hospital.

“Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind.” Zhoumi said.

“What?” Siwon left out a mocking laugh. “Family? Vampires talking about family when they are the ones who break up other families everyday?”

Zhoumi shrugged. “We are different. We don’t kill humans, Siwon-ssi.”

“Supposedly so according to our treaty. But wait till we catch one of you doing it.”

“We are not as you think.” Zhoumi replied calmly. “You wouldn’t be here alone if you didn’t believe that we abide by that rule.”

 

Siwon narrowed his eyes at the guy before him. “Don’t act like you know everything.”

“I don’t. So may I know your reason for the visit, Siwon-ssi?” Zhoumi asked.

“I’m here to see your leader, and Lee Sungmin.”

“Well, come in then.”

“No, it stinks. Ask them to come out please.”

“Sure, give us a moment then.” Zhoumi bowed slightly and disappeared into the house.

 

It took a few seconds before Leeteuk appeared with Sungmin following behind.

“I come here as a representative.” Siwon said before Leeteuk could even greet him.

“Yes, first time meeting you. Siwon-ssi, is it?” Leeteuk greeted.

“We send a warning regarding Kyuhyun, who said he was dating with that guy.” Siwon tried to keep his voice calm and pointed at Sungmin.

 

“It’s true they are dating, but there will be no conflicts with our treaty.”

“If you all dare to just bite, not even kill, a human, we will treat it as a declaration of war through breaking the treaty. We will not hesita

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter