Mind Reader

My Heart Only Stops for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for updating a bit late - I was busy! Promise to do it earlier for the next chapter :)

p.s. sorry for the lack of action in this chapter..

 

 

“What are you smiling at! DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I’M SAYING AT ALL, IDIOT?” Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin furiously.

 

“Hyung!!” A figure pounced on Sungmin out of nowhere.

 

“SUN-SUNG-SUNGJIN?”

Kyuhyun’s mouth fell apart at the sight before him – the two brothers hugging and smiling widely at each other.

 

 

“Kyuhyun hyung! Did I hear you calling my hyung an idiot?” Sungjin narrowed his eyes dangerously at Kyuhyun.

“No no no! Of course not!” Kyuhyun waved his hands anxiously.

“It isn’t the first time, Jin.” Sungmin smiled at Kyuhyun playfully.

“WHAT! HOW COULD YOU!” Sungjin moved towards Kyuhyun’s seat, pulling his head from side to side to stretch his neck while cracking his fingers.

 

“What do you want! Don’t you dare hit me, I’m your hyung too!” Kyuhyun pulled back in his chair.

Sungjin twisted his right fist by the wrist in his left hand. In a flash, he held out his right arm to Kyuhyun, palm up.

Kyuhyun opened his eyes wide at Sungjin. “What?”

“Money.” Sungjin grinned.

“What money! Are you a beggar!” Kyuhyun’s forehead creased.

“Punishment for bullying my hyung. Buy us coffee!” Sungjin shook his hand impatiently in the air as Kyuhyun sighed and fished his wallet from his back pocket.

“I didn’t bully him!” Kyuhyun complained as he pulled out his wallet.

“Nah, I’ll buy you coffee, Sungjin-ah.” Sungmin stood up from his seat and pushed Sungjin towards the counter.

“You won’t be so lucky next time!” Sungjin shouted over his shoulder at Kyuhyun, laughing away.

 

As Sungmin passed by Kyuhyun, he lowered his voice.

“I think that constitutes to verbal bullying. But for your extremely concerned and well-rehearsed script for the two of us, I forgive you. Thanks for waking me up.”

“See you, Kyuhyun.”

 

Kyuhyun overlooked Sungmin’s expression of gratitude and immediately flushed in embarrassment as he recalled his desperate attempt at salvaging the brothers’ relationship when they have already reunited.

Ahhh. I must have sounded like an idiot.

 

 

As Kyuhyun regretted on his actions, Sungjin returned to the table with his coffee.
“Sungmin hyung says he’s meeting the dance club members.”

“Mmh.” Kyuhyun was still trapped in his embarrassment.

“I heard from Sungmin hyung that you tried to talk to him for me. Thanks hyung. You’re the best!” Sungjin grinned.

Kyuhyun brought the smug self back to consciousness. “Of course I’m the best!”

“Except the times when you bully my hyung.”

“Hey! Can your feelings of gratitude disappear any faster!” Kyuhyun said in an accusing tone.

Sungjin stuck out his tongue at Kyuhyun and took a sip of coffee.

 

“So did you find out from your hyung what happened to him these three years?”

Kyuhyun was very curious about his mysterious lab partner and his relationship with Eunhyuk.

 

Sungjin’s expression turned serious. He put down his cup of coffee slowly.

“Hyung…”

 

Kyuhyun nodded his head once, encouraging Sungjin to go on.

 

“Do you believe me… if I said Sungmin hyung became… a vampire?”

 

 

Vam-vampire?

Kyuhyun looked into the eyes of Sungjin and studied his expression. He was hoping to catch a glimpse of Sungjin hiding his laughter but Sungjin seemed so… Sincere.

 

 

“Just kidding!” The playful grin reappeared on Sungjin’s face.

Kyuhyun released the breath that he didn’t even realized he was holding in.

 

“Sungmin hyung got into an accident three years ago and lost his memories. His current family adopted him.” Sungjin recited the story that Ohana made up for him the night before.

 

“Oh…” Kyuhyun’s mind drifted back to Sungjin’s expression when he joked about Sungmin being a vampire.

It can’t be. Do vampires even exist? Sungjin must have brushed up on his acting.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

For the rest of the week, Kyuhyun had insisted on eating lunch at the café, despite the limited menu choices. Siwon and Changmin were puzzled, but accepted Kyuhyun’s suggestion “for a change”.

On Monday, Kyuhyun pulled his friends to the café again. As they stepped into the café, Kyuhyun searched for the familiar face, but was once again disappointed when he couldn’t spot Sungmin sitting at any table.

 

“Seriously, why the love for the café suddenly?” Changmin asked, not bothering to hide the annoyance in his tone.

“Well, if our babykyu likes it, we can come here everyday.” Siwon smiled wider as Changmin rolled his eyes at him.

“Thanks Siwon, but urgh, can you drop the nickname?” Kyuhyun scrunched up his face in disgust as he pulled himself back from the constant search to his friends around his table.

 

Siwon chuckled at Kyuhyun’s expression. “Hmm… How about crybabykyu?”

“I second that! Crybabykyu~” Changmin cooed.

“What! I’m not a crybaby!” Kyuhyun scowled.

“Do you need a reminder?” Changmin smirked before scrunching his face up as though in pain. “AHHHH, LIGHTLY PLEASE, DOCTOR.” Changmin imitated Kyuhyun’s scream in the school clinic when he injured his ankle on orientation day.

 

Siwon roared in laughter while Kyuhyun flushed in embarrassment.

“I’m- I’m going to be late for class!” Kyuhyun lifted his arm to read the time on his watch, only to realize he wasn’t wearing one.

 

“Wow, invisible watch! Where do you get that? I want one too!” Changmin joked.

“Shut up Chwang. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” Kyuhyun stood up and ran out of the café, ignoring the teasing from his friends.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyuhyun walked briskly towards the laboratory. He was sure he wouldn’t be late for lab, but he was anxious to see Sungmin again.

Before reaching the door, he recognized the melodious giggle of Sungmin. Happy that his lab partner was present, he quickened his pace towards the door.

 

“And then he walked straight into the wall!” Another blond guy sat next to Sungmin, laughing heartily.

Kyuhyun frowned and approached the pair of blond-haired guys.

 

“Hey Kyuhyun!” Sungmin greeted casually, still giggling away.

Kyuhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter