Caramel Macchiato

My Heart Only Stops for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you're reading this and felt like there's a part missing, I uploaded two chapters at one go~ so go back to chapter 5 ^^

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyuhyun had spent the weekend in bed playing games. His ankle injury was giving him a good excuse to not get out of bed and do other stuff. Unfortunately, the doctor was willing to give him a medical certificate to excuse him from classes only on Friday.

Kyuhyun walked really slowly into the lab. His slight sprain has almost healed by now, but he didn’t want to take any chances and injure it again.

He was about to say hi to Jessica and Yoona when the professor walked in, with Sungmin following behind. Sungmin’s right arm was wrapped in an arm sling and Kyuhyun felt responsible at the sight of it. Before Kyuhyun could say anything, the lesson started immediately.

 

As the lab session commences, Sungmin struggled with conducting the experiment with his arm wrapped in the bandage. Leeteuk and Kangin had fussed over his injury that night, but with his healing powers as a vampire, he had already fully recovered the next day. However, to avoid suspicion, he has to keep the arm sling on.

Kyuhyun looked over to his lab partner. He felt the need to help him, despite the session being individual work, as Sungmin got injured while saving him. He grabbed the chemical bottle over and squirted an amount of HCl into the test tube Sungmin was holding.

 

Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun and remembered Leeteuk’s advice to be more sociable.

“Thank you… I’m Sungmin. Lee Sungmin.”

“Cho Kyuhyun. I should be the one thanking you instead for saving me.” Kyuhyun fumbled with the test tubes and chemicals, awkwardly avoiding Sungmin’s eyes.

“You’re in year 2 right? What do you major in?” Sungmin was looking at Kyuhyun.

“Mathematics. You? Why did you transfer here?” Kyuhyun was still avoiding Sungmin’s eyes.

“Chemistry, specialization forensic science. I moved here to stay with my cousin, took a three-year break before I decided to enroll here.” Sungmin explained.

The conversation ended between the socially awkward pair and they worked in silence for the rest of the session.

 

Occasionally, Kyuhyun sneaked peeks at his lab partner. The blond hair, the extremely fair skin and the defined features. He looked like a fiction character that walked out of a book, or a beautiful statue when he was concentrating on the measurements. Kyuhyun wondered why he didn’t realize this guy was this good-looking before.  

 

When the professor dismissed the class, Sungmin turned to Kyuhyun.
“Thank you for your help today. See you next week.”

It was the first time they had eye contact that day. Kyuhyun found himself smitten by the beautiful guy before him.

 

As Sungmin disappeared out of the door, Kyuhyun felt an urge to stop him.
He rushed out of the lab and spotted the blond hair in the crowd.
Forgetting about the need to care for his ankle, he ran towards the blond.

                                                           

“Sungmin-ssi!”

 

Sungmin turned around and looked at Kyuhyun blankly.

“Err… Do you have… t-t-time for coffee?” Kyuhyun stammered. He wanted to slap himself for being so embarrassing.

Sungmin looked curiously at Kyuhyun.

“My treat for you saving me… It’s okay if you’re not free!” Kyuhyun lowered his gaze to the ground.

“Sure, why not?” Sungmin smiled.

 

Kyuhyun was a little surprised at how readily Sungmin agreed, but happily gave a nervous chuckle.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“I’ll go order.” Kyuhyun nervously left the table before Sungmin could even tell him what drink he wanted.

 

“Hi, can I have your order?” The redhead barista at the counter asked.

“One iced chocolate and…” Kyuhyun wanted to slap himself again when he realized he forgot to ask Sungmin what he would like. Something was terribly wrong with him today.

 

He turned his head to look at Sungmin, who was fiddling with his phone. Kyuhyun turned back and scanned the menu that was hung up behind the counter.

 

“Not sure what to get? How about a caramel macchiato for your friend?
I’m sure he would like it.” The barista suggested as her eyes followed Kyuhyun and fell on the famous blond.

 

Kyuhyun looked down at the nametag that read Tiffany. He nodded and paid for the drinks.

 

 

“Sorry, I didn’t know what you wanted so I took up the barista’s suggestion.” Kyuhyun returned with the drinks and handed Sungmin the caramel macchiato.

“Caramel macchiato? Tiffany sure takes note of what her customers always drink.” Sungmin looked over to the counter at Tiffany, who bowed and smiled at him.

“You know the barista?” Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow at the guy sitting before him.

“We’ve exchanged a few words before. I come here almost everyday since I started school.”

Kyuhyun nodded and the pair fell silent for a few minutes as they sipped at their drinks.

 

 

“My cousin likes iced chocolate too.” Sungmin blurted out. He was trying hard to strike a conversation.

“Oh.”

“Eunhyuk-ssi is quite famous around this college. And so are you.” Kyuhyun decided that one-word answers would not get their conversation anywhere.

Sungmin waved his hand dismissively. “People are just curious about transfer students.”

 

Kyuhyun felt his heart skipped a beat as the blond looked up and met his eyes.

 

“Uh… So, have you joined any school clubs yet?” Kyuhyun was glad that part of his brain was still functioning.

“Not yet… Are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter