Gift

My Heart Only Stops for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You’re usually not that gullible.” Leeteuk sat on the tree branch beside Zhoumi. He felt Zhoumi’s anxiety rise upon hearing his words.

“I’m sorry, hyung. I shouldn’t have admitted our identity.” Zhoumi said without looking up from his phone.

“You were concerned over Kyuhyun.” Leeteuk said plainly, with no questioning tone.

 

Zhoumi’s eyes flickered over to Leeteuk and back to his phone.

“Jungsu hyung… I admit I couldn’t stop myself from approaching Kyuhyun after meeting him and even got his phone number. But I’m not the kind to snatch someone’s lover. Especially when it’s someone in our family and not to mention… Sungmin hyung…” Zhoumi looked at Leeteuk earnestly.

 

Leeteuk placed his hand on Zhoumi’s shoulder. “I know. I’m not worried about you hurting them. I’m worried about you hurting yourself.”

“Hyung…”

“I know you would never tell Sungmin, but hey, the rest of us are still here for you. I’ll be here if you can’t handle it on your own.” Leeteuk smiled gently, his dimples deepening.

“I’ll be fine, hyung. I won’t let myself sink any deeper.” Zhoumi returned a smile.

“Just remember to come to me if there is anything wrong.” Leeteuk patted Zhoumi’s shoulder.

 

“Now, let’s go back. I think Sungmin has some good news for us.” Leeteuk waved his phone at Zhoumi, showing Sungmin’s message that asked them to gather back at the house.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Wait wait wait.” Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin back from the staircase.

“Why?” Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun curiously.

“Do… the rest read minds like you?”

“So what if they do?” Sungmin held in his laughter.

“Then I need to sort out my thoughts now and make sure I don’t think of stupid things later!”

 

Sungmin pushed Kyuhyun’s head lightly with a finger.

“Silly. I’m the only one and I can’t read your thoughts, so all your erted thoughts are safe, okay?” Sungmin chuckled and started his way down the stairs.

 

“Yah! What erted thoughts!” Kyuhyun protested, but Sungmin turned around to stare at him.

“What what? Don’t stare at me like that.”

 

“How can you address your hyung as yah!” Sungmin folded his arms across his chest.

“You called me silly! Besides, I only called you hyung once just now. I didn’t promised to call you hyung every single time.” Kyuhyun put on his smug face.

“Yah! You brat! Call me hyung!” Sungmin pointed an accusing finger at Kyuhyun.

“No~ Sungmin~ Sungminnie~ Minimin~ Minimi~~” Kyuhyun grinned and danced circles in the air with his hands.

 

Kyuhyun gasped as Sungmin raced up the staircase. He dodged and fled down the staircase, but a pair of hands caught him tightly from the back.

“I gave you some advantage by using human speed to get up that staircase, but what makes you think you can run away from me hur?” Sungmin said as Kyuhyun wiggled in his hold.

“Let me go, Sungmin!”

“Hyung.”

“Sungmin Sungmin Sungmin Sungmin Sungmin Sungmin…” Kyuhyun chanted repeatedly.

 

 

 

“Woah. You two progress fast.” Eunhyuk appeared from the front door with Donghae following behind.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun jumped away from each other instantly, making the other couple laugh.

 

Donghae latched onto Eunhyuk’s back and Eunhyuk imitated Kyuhyun’s voice in an ultra high-pitched tone.
“Let me go, Sungmin!~”

“Hyung.” Donghae chuckled.

“Sungmin Sungmin Sungmin Sungmin~” Eunhyuk stomped his feet like a kid.

 

“Yah! You two! Don’t make me hit you!” Sungmin warned.

The couple immediately stopped their teasing upon seeing Sungmin’s stern face. Eunhyuk stepped forward and tapped on one of Sungmin’s arms that were crossed over his chest.

“Aww, don’t be angry, chu~~” Eunhyuk flashed his gummy smile.

Donghae moved closer and tapped on Sungmin’s arm similarly.

“Smile~”

“CHU~~~” The couple sang together.

 

Sungmin’s smile broke out and he slapped the couple’s heads at the same time.

 

“What’s chu?” Kyuhyun, who had been watching at the side, spoke up.

“Secret~” Sungmin walked into the kitchen immediately.

 

The couple took the sides of Kyuhyun and pushed him along towards the dining room.

“Let’s go~ Kyuhyun-ssi!”

“B-but—!”

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“So Sungmin can really read all your minds?” Kyuhyun picked up the smallest slice of watermelon and took a bite. He was feeling full from the sumptuous dinner Ryeowook had made.

 

~EH: Yes, this ert forever reading our thoughts.

 

“Yahh, Eunhyukkie! You’re the ertic one! Forever thinking about how to deal with Donghae on the bed. I always have to filter those disgusting thoughts out.” Sungmin’s face scrunched up in disgust.

“Hyung!!” Eunhyuk hid his face in embarrassment, making everyone chortle, except Kyuhyun, who looked confusedly at Zhoumi.

 

“Eunhyuk probably scolded Sungmin hyung a ert in his mind or something.” Zhoumi explained.

“Oh.”

Zhoumi patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “You’ll get used to it.”

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“But why is he the only one who can do that? Do all of you have some special power?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Like I explained earlier, our family is special. There are very few vampire covens that abstain from human blood and feed on animals instead like us. Not every vampire is gifted, or has some special power like you said. The percentage is quite low too. It just happened so that most in our family are gifted. Maybe those gifted have greater self-control.” Leeteuk shrugged. “Just my own theory though.”

Kyuhyun nodded as he tried to digest the explanation and terms. He shuddered at the thought that there are vampires out there who were just out to kill humans.

 

“I’m sure your theory is flawed, hyung. Someone g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter