Threatened

My Heart Only Stops for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: EARLY, LONG UPDATE. BECAUSE #AYAYAYAYA~ 
In celebration of SJ's comeback!!! MAMACITA! OUR KINGS ARE BACK <3
I'm sorry if this chapter is not as positive/interesting as it should be for celebrations though. xD (because we should be watching the mv and listening to the album in 15 mins time instead of being on aff now. hehehe)

 

 

 

“Sungmin!”


Kyuhyun bolted up on the bed, heaving in relief when he realized it was just a nightmare. He had dreamt of Sungmin being thrown off a cliff.

 

“Kyuhyun? Is everything alright?” 
Before Kyuhyun could register, the door was open and Zhoumi was right beside his bed.

“I’m fine… Just a dream.” Kyuhyun answered unsteadily, still shaken up by the dream. Without Leeteuk and Sungmin around, his emotions have been akin to a roller coaster ride since they parted ways with the rest at the Ohana residence.

 

He almost succumbed to his own childishness and threw a tantrum when Sungmin was about to leave on a car with Leeteuk and Yesung. Somehow, he managed to grab a hold of himself and let Sungmin leave after giving him another long hug. He reckoned it was Leeteuk’s doing, because he had an utterly difficult time struggling against his temper and regrets after he was left with Zhoumi and Heechul.

The emotions and danger instinct kept him awake for the earlier part of the ride to Busan, until the fatigue finally overcame him. All he remembered was a voice announcing that they have arrived and being carried up to the hotel room and tucked into this bed.

 

Kyuhyun observed the surroundings of the small bedroom. There was only a queen-sized bed he was on, a closet at the side and a dressing table. Outside the door, he spotted Heechul sitting on the couch, facing the television that was currently running ads.

“You should go back to sleep, Kyuhyun. It’s only five in the morning.” Zhoumi lowered himself, sitting on the edge of the bed.

Kyuhyun shook his head. The adrenaline was now rushing through his body after the dream and it was keeping him fully alert.

 

“Has anyone called?” Kyuhyun asked hesitantly. He had handed over his phone to Heechul, who almost disassembled the entire phone to ensure that it couldn’t be tracked. All they had was an old model phone that was specially re-engineered such that all signals would be tracked back to the Ohana residence regardless of their positions.

Zhoumi eyed Kyuhyun cautiously, seeming to decide whether there was anything that he should hide from Kyuhyun. “The distraction teams led their targets around for quite some time before the two female vampires realized and went off on their own ways. They already returned to the residence and everything is fine back at home.”

“The hunting team?” Kyuhyun’s voice cracked at the word ‘hunting’. He wondered when he would get used to the fact that the Ohana, despite their friendly appearances, hunt.

Zhoumi’s expression turned uneasy and he hesitated.

 

“No news. They should have finished up on that er and called by now, so there are probably complications.” Heechul said as he strolled into the room.

 

Anxiety seized Kyuhyun. Complications?

Negative possibilities rushed through Kyuhyun’s mind and he couldn’t help fearing that one of them, maybe Sungmin, is injured or worse, dead.  

 

“Relax, Kyuhyun. No news is good news.” There was a tug on the pillow that Kyuhyun was resting his arms on, and he realized he was clutching the pillow so tight that his knuckles were turning white.

Zhoumi gently pulled the pillow away, taking Kyuhyun’s hand in his. Running smoothing circles on the back of Kyuhyun’s hand, he tried his best to reassure Kyuhyun. “They will be fine. They are capable of protecting themselves.”

 

When Kyuhyun relaxed his muscles a little, Zhoumi shot a glare at Heechul.

“What? Kyuhyun is no kid. He can and he should handle the truth. Besides, he needs it.” Heechul grumbled. He almost shrieked when Zhoumi threw the pillow at him, but abruptly froze in his steps as he dodged the pillow.

 

Seeing how Heechul’s eyes dimmed, Kyuhyun recognized the sight before him. Heechul was seeing a vision. As Kyuhyun waited for Heechul to regain his senses, Zhoumi pulled open the drawer of the dressing table and grabbed the pencil and notepad out. His movements were fast, yet gracious.

“What-what is it?” Kyuhyun asked impatiently as Heechul crouched over the table, sketching on the notepad quickly.

Zhoumi raised a finger to his lips, signaling Kyuhyun to keep quiet and give Heechul more time.

 

After thirty seconds of silence, Heechul turned around, setting the notepad on the bed for them to see. “A room, lacquered wooden floor. But it was dark and the only light source was on this screen, where something was playing.”

Kyuhyun observed the drawing before him. Heechul had even added in the shading to show the brighter parts of the room. Behind the screen, there seem to two big whiteboards that were partially blocked.

 

“What was on the screen, hyung?” Zhoumi frowned.

“I couldn’t see clearly, but it seemed like an audience below a stage. A performance, maybe.”

Zhoumi seemed to have more questions, but he held them back after throwing a glance at Kyuhyun. “We need to get this to Shindong hyung.”

Heechul nodded and grabbed the notepad, striding out of the room. 

“Get some rest, Kyuhyun. I will call for breakfast as soon as room service is available.” Zhoumi said as he followed after Heechul, closing the door gently behind him.

 

Kyuhyun stared at the closed door, thinking about the sketch that Heechul had drew. There was a certan level of familiarity to the room, but he couldn’t pinpoint it. Racking his brain for a memory of the room, Kyuhyun ran his fingers over the bar ring Sungmin had given him. He forced himself to think hard on where he had seen the room before, wanting to provide just a little help.

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Was Kyuhyun in the room, hyung?” Zhoumi asked as he settled on the couch beside Heechul, who was trying hard to grab onto the vision and wondering if he missed out anything.

“No. This was from that er. He decided on something that led him to the room.” Heechul tore off the first drawing from the notepad and started sketching a second one. However, he ended up with the same drawing.

“There was something I missed out, urgh.” Heechul crushed the second drawing, throwing it into the dustbin.

Seeing Heechul’s frustration, Zhoumi gently took the pencil and notepad from Heechul’s hand. “It will come to you again, hyung. I’m sure of that.”

 

Zhoumi took the menu from the coffee table and pushed it into Heechul’s hand. “For now, see if there is something you want to eat, while I call Shindong hyung.”

“In no ing mood, Mi.”

Zhoumi patiently returned Heechul’s scowl with a smile. “Pick something to order for Kyuhyun then. He needs food, unlike us.”

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

The warm water ran down Kyuhyun’s body, washing away the fatigue, but unfortunately have no effects on calming Kyuhyun down. He attempted to take deep breaths like how he always did when Sungmin told him to breathe.

Now that he had given up on the drawing to take a much-needed shower, the fear hit him hard. There was nothing to keep his mind occupied and he had absolutely no idea where he had seen the room before. The past two hours of attempts to recall the room had proved futile, only making him more frustrated, until Zhoumi came in to ask him to take a shower before breakfast.

 

He turned off the water and stepped out of the shower cubicle. Reaching out for his towel, he tousled his hair with it, before proceeding to wipe the rest of his body dry. Standing in front of the mirror, he couldn’t help notice his underdeveloped muscles despite the slight steam on the mirror.

How was he going to protect himself if he was alone? He hardly has a chance against a human, not to mention it was a vampire that wanted his life.

Jay’s voice rung through his ears. A weak, miserable human.

 

Scrutinizing himself in the mirror, Kyuhyun now recognized that he feared for his own life too. As much as he seemed courageous and unconcerned about his own safety when he decided to go out with a vampire, he did so because he trusted that Sungmin would never hurt him. It wasn’t because he was bold and unafraid of losing his life.

The realization made Kyuhyun scowl disgustingly at himself in the mirror. He was the cause of trouble, but yet he was worrying more about his own life than the rest who were fighting for his safety. Then, he thought about Sungmin, his love.

Did h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter