Paper Cut

My Heart Only Stops for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 A/N: I'm losing my muse and passion for this entire fic... it's getting so hard to write..
If you would like to continue reading this fic, kindly tell me by leaving a comment. Cos I'm considering to abandon this fic if there are very few people who want to continue reading... ><"
Thanks!

 

 

 

Kyuhyun spun around, half-hoping that the person was Sungmin.

A male, slightly taller than himself, stood before him. His brown fringe was swept towards the right and a pair of black square frame glasses rested on his high-bridge nose. His eyes were golden too, like the colour of Sungmin’s most of the time. He was dressed in a pale pink dress shirt with a black vest over it and light turquoise pants.

 

“Hi, are you lost?”

 

Kyuhyun noted the accent and wondered about the nationality of the male before him.

The male tilted his head slightly, waiting for Kyuhyun’s reply. Kyuhyun noticed that the glasses were lensless.

Some guy who is into fashion?

 

“I’m looking for 1 Sapphire Lane.” Kyuhyun held out the piece of paper for the male to read.

“Lee Sungmin… Ahh, you’re looking for Sungmin hyung?”

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows.
“You know Sungmin?”

“Yes, more than just knowing. We live together.” The male flashed a wide smile.

“Our professor asked me to deliver some work to Sungmin since he missed the lesson today.” Kyuhyun explained.

“I see. But they might not be home yet…” The male’s voice trailed off as he read the time on his watch.

 

Maybe I will look for him in school tomorrow.

Kyuhyun was about to drop the matter and announce his leave when the male spoke up again.


“But it’s rude to turn away visitors, right? If you have time, may I invite you to our house? I’m sure Sungmin hyung would be back soon.” The signature wide smile was still on the male’s face.

“Y-yes. Thank—how do I address you? ”

“Oh, pardon me. I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Zhoumi.” He held out his hand to Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun hesitated before taking his hand briefly. It felt cold.

“Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun.”

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Well-hidden.

That was what Kyuhyun thought of as he followed Zhoumi to the house. They had taken the second path on the right, walked for a minute, turned into a faded path sixty degrees to the right, passed by lots of greenery, before the front of the house came into view.

It was a European-styled three-storey house, with white walls surrounding the front of the house. No one would have expected that such a beautiful house existed in the middle of a forest. Yes, Kyuhyun was now convinced that Sungmin lived in a forest.

 

Ohana.

Kyuhyun traced his fingers along the sign as Zhoumi activated the electronic gates with his card key. He politely held the gate open for Kyuhyun to enter first.

They walked through the front yard, towards the front door. Before Zhoumi could unlock the door, it flung open. Standing at the door was a shorter, skinnier male dressed in an apron.

 

“Zhoumi hyung! Heechul hyung said you brought a visitor!” The shorter male shouted excitedly.

Then, he lowered his voice, covering his mouth with one hand, but it was still loud enough for Kyuhyun to hear. “How many months already?”

 

“What are you talking about!” Zhoumi slapped the shorter male’s shoulder playfully.

“Kyuhyun-ssi is here to pass Sungmin hyung his school work.” Zhoumi said and turned towards Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, this is Ryeowook.”

 

Kyuhyun bowed politely.  

 

“Oh come on in! I was just making dinner and you can join us for dinner too! I’m sure Sungmin hyung and the rest would be hungry when they get back.”

Kyuhyun didn’t miss the wink Ryeowook threw to Zhoumi before he turned his back. The two laughed away, as though there was an inside joke that Kyuhyun didn’t know of.

 

 

The interior of the house was decorated with a similar European style as the exterior, other than the modern technologies that didn’t fit in such as the television.

The staircase was directly ahead when Kyuhyun entered the door and there was a living room to the left. Behind the staircase, the corridor led to a few other doors. Kyuhyun assumed the right led to the kitchen, which Ryeowook disappeared into.

It wasn’t the European style, the grand exterior, or the graceful interior of the house that shocked Kyuhyun. The family was very rich, for sure.
If you’re not rich, how do you build a house in the middle of the forest?
What surprised Kyuhyun the most were the glass panels that ran from ceiling to ground at the back of the living room, revealing the back yard behind it. Or rather, the forest. As Kyuhyun looked out of the glass, he realized that the house was on elevated ground. It was a down slope behind the house and he could see the branches of trees at his eye level.

 

But the view was breath taking. Kyuhyun held back the ‘wah’s and ‘wow’s that almost escaped from his mouth, but he couldn’t help staring at the view. He naturally drifted towards the glass panels.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Zhoumi asked behind Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun nodded, not bothering to turn to face Zhoumi.

“Our family likes the nature a lot. Well, you take a seat first. I will get you a drink.”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t answer this time, but admired the scenery. He wondered if Zhoumi even left for the kitchen, as he didn’t hear any footsteps.

Our family. Kyuhyun haven’t forgotten about Sungjin’s joke at all. If Sungjin was serious, he’d have just walked into the home of a coven of vampires.

But do vampires live in the forest? What about the coffins and spiderwebs?

Kyuhyun chuckled inwardly at his own ridiculous thoughts.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Sungmin ran through the forest leisurely, easily avoiding the obstacles in his path. Ahead of him, Eunhyuk chased after Donghae, leaving Sungmin behind by himself. Kangin and Shindong were just finishing up on their hunt and would have catched up with the other three in no time.

Sungmin thought about the lab session he had missed today and his lab partner.

 

“Hyung, I guess you would have already known, but Key told me a few days before that he is crushing on you.” Eunhyuk had slowed down to Sungmin’s pace again.

“I know. I already rejected him, told him I only regarded him as a friend. He said he understands, but his thoughts seem to say otherwise. I’ve been trying my best to avoid giving any wrong ideas.” Sungmin frowned.

“Probably will take some time. Key’s quite… stubborn.” Eunhyuk said.

 

They slowed down to strolling as they came close to their house. Donghae stood waiting for them on the path leading out to the back of the house.

“We should enter by the front door.” Donghae said.

“Why?” Eunhyuk asked.

Donghae pointed to the house, where a familiar face peered out of the glass.

 

Kyuhyun? Why is he here?

 

“Go ahead, hyung. We will wait here for Kangin hyung and Shindong hyung and enter by the front door later.”

Sungmin nodded and sprinted to the front of the house.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter