Objection

My Heart Only Stops for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello! As some of you may know, I have recently completed To The Years of Love and now, I have started a new fic, The Dauntless Facade. Please check them out if you're interested. :) 

And now... for the meeting between Kyuhyun's parents and the couple. ^^

 

 

 

“K-Kyuhyun.”

“Your parents are back.”

 

Kyuhyun froze in his position. The clanking of keys sounded from outside the front door.

 

“Kyuhyun!” Sungmin called again, his face inches away from Kyuhyun’s.

Sighing at the lack of response, Sungmin pushed Kyuhyun, heaving himself back up on the sofa seat.

Before they could say anything else, the sliding door that separated the porch and the living room opened and Kyuhyun’s mother stepped in.

 

“Son, you’re home!” Mrs. Cho grinned. It was the same smile that Kyuhyun always has. “And you brought home a friend?”

“M-Mum…” Kyuhyun stood up and Sungmin did the same.

 

Kyuhyun’s father followed in from the porch, pushing the sliding door close.
“Is Changmin or Siwon here?” Mr. Cho asked before turning to look at them.

“Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Cho. I’m Lee Sungmin.” Sungmin bowed politely beside Kyuhyun.

 

Mr. Cho moved to beside his wife. He studied Sungmin from top to toe.
“I thought you only hang out with Siwon and Changmin.”

“It’s good for our son to make new friends.” Mrs. Cho linked arms with her husband. “How did you all get to know each other?” She smiled warmly at Sungmin.

“I was allocated as Kyuhyun’s lab partner for the forensic science module in college. We got to know each other and became friends.” Sungmin answered.

 

“Boyfriends.” Kyuhyun cut in. Time seemed to pause for a moment.

 

“Boyfriends?” Mr. Cho raised an eyebrow.

Sungmin frowned. “He’s just kidding. We are male friends of each other.”

“No.” Kyuhyun slid his arm around Sungmin’s neck, ignoring his father’s dark face. “We are in a love relationship.” Kyuhyun said seriously without a smile on his face. He wanted his parents to know, regardless of what their response would be. He was sure he would never leave Sungmin and he would convince his parents if he had to.

Sungmin shrugged out of Kyuhyun’s arm as Mr. Cho glared at the two of them.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING, CHO KYUHYUN?” Mr. Cho bellowed suddenly.

Mrs. Cho flinched and pulled his arm tighter. “Dear, we shouldn’t be rude in front of our guest.”

“A guest isn’t one if he is not welcomed.” Mr. Cho said sternly with his gaze fixed on Sungmin. Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around Sungmin again and pulled him closer.

Mrs. Cho cleared , breaking the tension in the air. “I think it’s getting a bit late. You should go home and rest, Sungmin dear.” Mrs. Cho released her arm from her husband and reached out for Sungmin’s hand.

Sungmin obediently followed as Mrs. Cho led him towards the porch. Turning around, Mrs. Cho sighed at the pair of father and son glaring at each other.

“Kyuhyun! Come send your classmate out.”

Kyuhyun obeyed and walked towards them.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 “Sorry about my husband. He’s a bit cranky at times.” Mrs. Cho smiled apologetically at Sungmin.

“It’s okay, I came here without permission from the two of you.” Sungmin replied with a gentle smile.

“Are you going to take a bus? Have a safe trip home.” Mrs. Cho patted Sungmin’s hand.

“I will. Goodnight, Mrs. Cho.” Sungmin bowed.

“I will go talk to your father first. Don’t stay out too long.” Mrs. Cho directed towards Kyuhyun before walking back into the house.

 

 

Sungmin made an angry face at Kyuhyun, but all Kyuhyun could see was the cutely pouted lips.
“What were you thinking back there, silly!”

Kyuhyun shrugged. “They have to know, someday.” Kyuhyun reached out for Sungmin’s hand. “And I have a bad habit when I get into a relationship.”

“What?” Sungmin asked flatly.

“I like to show off my lover so that nobody can touch him.” Kyuhyun smirked.

“Conceited freak.” Sungmin pulled away from Kyuhyun.

“Don’t be angry~” Kyuhyun bent down slightly to meet Sungmin’s eyes. “Actually, I take that back. You look cuter when you are angry.”

“Brat!” Sungmin smacked Kyuhyun’s head lightly. “I’m leaving. Don’t fight with your parents, especially your father.”

“Call me when you get home!” Kyuhyun waved as Sungmin walked away.

“I’ll see about that~ Remember, don’t quarrel with your parents!”

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Kyuhyun returned to the house, unsurprised that his parents were waiting for him on the sofa. He sighed, bracing himself for the upcoming storm.

“You owe us an explanation, Cho Kyuhyun.”

“What is there to explain, Dad? I said it, he’s my boyfriend.” Kyuhyun replied exasperatedly, standing beside the coffee table.

“Boyfriend?” Mr. Cho gave a mocking snort.

“Yes, boyfriend. Anything wrong with that?”

“You dare to ask me if there’s anything wrong?” Mr. Cho stood up. “HOW CAN YOU BE DATING A GUY? EVERYTHING’S WRONG!”

“We are no longer in the olden times, Dad. It’s normal for two guys to be in love.”

“Maybe it is normal for others. But not for you! NOT FOR AN EDUCAT

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter