Rooftop

My Heart Only Stops for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“They’re dangerous.”

Siwon’s words echoed in Kyuhyun’s mind again.

Does Siwon know something…? And Changmin too…
Their reaction to Sungmin and his family was weird.

 

That day after their quarrel, Changmin did bring Siwon back and they went for lunch together. However, Siwon had a grim expression plastered on his face and refused to speak at all. The silent war continued between Siwon and Kyuhyun the next day, till Kyuhyun sent a text message to apologise on Saturday. He had no idea why he was even apologizing, but he didn’t want the fight to continue. Unfortunately, it didn’t turn out well. Siwon took the opportunity to make Kyuhyun promise to stay away from Sungmin and his family. And of course, Kyuhyun expressed that he couldn’t, as nicely as possible.

 

But Sungmin…

Lab session has ended and Sungmin missed class again. It has been a week since Kyuhyun dropped by at Sungmin’s house. By now, Kyuhyun was convinced that Sungmin was avoiding him. He didn’t even need to try to stay away from Sungmin.

But did he have to stay away from his family!

Kyuhyun had sent a text message to Zhoumi over the weekend too, but Zhoumi replied to say that Sungmin has yet to return home.

Or is Zhoumi lying to me… But he doesn’t seem like one who would lie.

 

“Urghhh.” Kyuhyun shook his head in confusion and frustration.

He strode subconsciously towards the stairway in a secluded corridor. It was a shortcut he often took to the library.

 

As he started his way up the staircase, someone blocked his path in front of him. While trying to dodge the person, he looked up to see who it was.

Key?

And it wasn’t just Key. There were two more guys standing beside him and Kyuhyun recognized them from the dance club.

 

“Excuse me.” Kyuhyun said confidently, masking the nervousness that was building up in him.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, I’m afraid you have to come with us.” Key spoke politely, but ended with a suspicious grin.

 

Kyuhyun took a step backwards down the stairs and he spun around, ready to leave.

 

But two more guys were waiting at the end of the stairs.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Key threw Kyuhyun’s backpack to the side, followed by Kyuhyun’s phone on it.

The shortest of the quintet gave Kyuhyun a hard push, causing him to trip over his own shoe. Laughter erupted from the rest of the guys.

 

Kyuhyun shot a death glare at the short guy, Jonghyun, whom he recognized as one of his classmates for a module last year. He picked himself up from the ground. Kyuhyun looked at their surroundings – they were on the rooftop of one of the Math & Science Fac buildings.

 

“What the hell do you want?” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

He brushed the dirt off his elbow, where he felt a stinging pain.

 

“Where is Sungmin hyung?” Key squatted down, a smile playing on his face.

“Sungmin? How would I know?” Kyuhyun said in a mocking tone.
“Even if I know, why should I tell you?” Kyuhyun snorted.

 

As he turned his head to the side, one of the guys stepped forward and sent a knee strike to Kyuhyun’s left torso.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter