x(x)'s(s) Birthday

The Meaning of Being a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-----------

Sulli’s Free Day—X(X)’s Birthday(s)

 

 

(Note: Sulli is Jinri and Lu is Luhan, if in case you'll get confused reading this chapter or maybe for the next chapters.)

Sulli arrived at the orphanage seeing Lu already there busy playing with the kids, and then she walked to approach them.

 

“I see you’re enjoying being with them,” said Sulli standing in front of kneeling Lu.

“Yeah, many years went by but it seems nothing had changes except that the orphanage had some renovations but still, it feels like home,” said Lu as he stood up with a smile facing Sulli.

“I hope you still remember, happy birthday oppa,” said Sulli handing a paper bag to Lu.

“What’s this?” asked Lu scowling.

“Open it,” said Sulli.

“Okay,” Luhan said simply as he opened the paper bag widening his eyes. “C-cactus?” asked Lu as he faced Sulli.

 

“Oh, you don’t like it?” asked Sulli.

“No, it’s not that,” said Lu having a blank expression.

“It’s the only thing I thought I can give you. The past twelve years I’ve never been with you, I feel like I don’t know you already but yesterday that I saw you, the way I’ve know you seemed to flash back. I just remember the kid Lu who loves plants but not cactus,” said Sulli chuckling.

 

“But why give me cactus?” asked Lu.

“ Let’s just that represents me,” said Sulli, “ I know you’d be gone again in a few days and we won’t see each other for a long time. You still care for me, right?” askedSulli.

“Of course,” said Lu.

“You hate cactus but you care for me and I said let that cactus represent me. So, if you hate cactus then that means you hate me too and if you care for it, it means you care for me, too. And if it dies, our relationship is like no more,” said Sulli heaving a deep sigh. “Honestly, I feel like I shouldn’t wish I’ve seen you again. Seeing you again and seeing you living again make me miss you more. It’s like killing me, though I’m not exaggerating it. It’s like the idea that I am going back to my old days. The poor little girl crying because her dear friend is going away. I mean like… I’ve always thought I’ve already got better on those memories but it seems like I am not. I am already old but I’m feeling like a poor child,” said Sulli.

 

“Yah! Yah! Jinri! I don’t want that sight of expression again…. But to tell you the truth, I feel the same as you do but don’t worry, I told you, I’d visit often.. And about the cactus, rest assured, I’ll take care of it for you and I’ll travel it back and forth whenever I’d visit and go back so I can show you a proof,” said Lu smiling.

 

Luahn heaved a deep sigh changing the topic, “It seems you did not give me a gift but a responsibility,” said Luhan chuckling as he played Sulli’s hair.

“Stop it,” said Sulli then a kid suddenly interrupted.

 

 

“Big Sister, Big Brother is not with you today,” said the kid pouting, “He said he’d teach me tennis again.”

Lu scowled at what the kid said. “Big Brother? Big Sister?” he asked to himself.

 

“Ah, maybe he’ll come next time,” said Sulli leveling to the kid. “Don’t worry, we have Big Brother 2 to teach you,” said Sulli smiling as she shrugged the kid’s head.

“Ommo! Big Brother 2 knows how to play tennis too?” asked the kid.

“Yes he does and he’ll teach you how to play tennis okay?” said Sulli to the kid as she faced Luhan.

“Y-yes, I’ll teach you how to play tennis,” said Luhan smiling then another kid approached them.

“Can you also teach me some of your techniques?” said another kid about a feet taller than the first kid.

“Sure,” said Luhan.

 

And as Luhan said, he thought the kids how to play tennis and the kids are really happy while Sulli is playing with the others.

 

Meanwhile, all the kids gathered into the near tennis court with caps on their heads and Sulli came last with a cake.

 

“Happy Birthday Big Brother Lu!!!” greeted the kids in chorus as Sulli walked closer to Luhan.

“Make a wish and blow your candle,” said Sulli smiling.

 

 

“Well, I reserved this later but I guess I should say it now. Everybody, do you want to hear my wish?” Lu said in a loud clear voice and the kids agreed.

 

“ I wish your Sulli-unnie can give me a chance to court her,” he said with his loud clear voice again with a smile not leaving his face as he blew the candle immediately, and Sulli was left in a surprise for what Luhan said as the kids all went out from the courts pulling Lu with them.

 

“Lu Han,” she said not moving on her phase.

 

The clock seems to turn quickly and it’s already afternoon, time for Sulli and Luhan to go home. The already bid their good byes as they left the orphanage and now their walking on the streets having an awkward silence.

 

“Ah,” they both said together and awkwardness enveloped again.

 

“Jinri, I should’ve not said that a while ago. I mean, I think…” said Luhan not continuing his sentence.

 

“No, Luhan. I just want to say this straight to you… We’ve known each other since child and I can’t doubt that any affection may grow… Sorry, Luhan but I think I still don’t know how to answer your question,” said Sulli bowing.

 

“I know and I understand Jinri. I’ve also expected this. I know you aren’t ready yet…. By then, I’ll not push you towards it. I’ll give you time, maybe you can give your answer a year, two, three or more years from now. I’ll be patiently waiting and I won’t give up,” said Luhan and then Sulli suddenly stopped.

 

“Lu, when will you go back to the US?” asked Sulli.

 

“Why? Do you want me to leave already?” asked Luhan in surprise.

 

“Answer my question,” said Sulli simply.

 

“The day after tomorrow,” he said.

 

“When will you return?” asked Sulli again.

 

“Maybe five months from now?” said Luhan frowning.

 

“I’ll give my answer when you come back. I think five months is enough time to think for it,” said Sulli as she continued to walk on.

 

“Jinri, don’t get yourself stressed over it. As I told you, I’ll patiently wait. I don’t want you to be pushed into it. If ever we’ll have a relationship together, I just want it to be happy. You gave your answer to me freely and you’re just doing it in a favor. And if that happens, I don’t want to be hurt specially you. I’m pretty sure, no one would want that,” said Luhan facing Sulli.

 

“No Lu, trust me. I’ll think about it,” said Sulli.

 

“Feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter