Who's the Culprit?

The Meaning of Being a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“All students of Quang Jo Min University, please assemble in the school gymnasium. All students of Quang Jo Min University, please assemble in the school gymnasium. All students of Quang Jo Min University, please assemble in the school gymnasium,” the management announced.

 

“Why would we assemble there?” asked some of the students.

 

“There might be something they need to announce,” said the other one.

 

“Something that teachers can’t say?” asked the other one.

 

“Or maybe there is something wrong,” said the other.

 

“Enough. Let’s just go there,” said the other one and the group of students hurried to the gymnasium.

 

 

“Good morning ladies and gentlemen. In behalf of the dean and the faculty, I, Kwon Yuri, the president of this school’s highest student committee, will have an announcement to make involving our school’s security. A while ago this morning, the dean told me about the loss of our school fund for this semester. We just had a meeting and he told us that 5 o’clock am, he went to the audit room and found out that the fund is missing. Now, we checked out the CCTV cameras to see a lead for the culprit. The culprit was genius. She knows where the angles of the CCTV camera’s but there was one part she didn’t notice and unfortunately, she was captured by the camera. But her face  wasn’t exposed,” said Yuri.

 

“Did she just say “she?” asked the other one near Sulli.

“Yeah and she might probably one of the students,” replied the other.

Meanwhile, they played a video from the CCTV showing the imagery of the culprit. All the lights are closed but there is one angle where there is little light that the shadow can be seen. The hair of the culprit is ponytailed so she probably is a girl.

“Basing from our investigations, there could only be five suspects,” added Yuri.

The students made murmurs.

“We all know this is against the school rules and of course the law. And one thing more, students aren’t allowed to enter any of the supervised offices in the school except for the student assistants. And there are only five female assistants in the school. This should not be discussed in front of all the students but the management allowed so this can serve a lesson for everybody. But we would also want to protect the reputation of each student to be called as a suspect of the case. Being called as suspects does not mean they are already the culprit,” said IU.

 

The students made noise talking about the five female student assistants.

“Yah… As far as I know, Naeun, Minkyung, Sunny, Amber and Sulli are the five female assistants,” said one of the students and then they made their speculations on each of the student assistants.

 

“So, may we call the five female student assistants? Amber, Minkyung, Nauen, Sunny and Sulli,” said Yuri as the students made way for the five.

“We will have the investigations for the five students in front,” she said wiled the five are approaching the stage.

 

“On the CCTV footage, the crime happened quarter to eight in the evening. That time, all the staff of the school were already out except for the student assistants who are working at the third floor of building 1 where the audit office is located. So, Naeun… where are you at that time?” asked Yuri.

 

“Well, we student assistants are dismissed 8:30 in the evening so I am certainly out of the school campus,” said Nauen.

 

“Amber?” said Yuri raising her brows.

 

“ Naeun was right. Our dismissal is 8:30 pm but I went home earlier. I had a head ache that’s why and you can check the log book to prove that I was already out before 8:30,” said Amber.

“Well there’s no need, we already checked on that,” said Yuri moving to Minkyung.

“How about you Minkyung?” she asked.

 

“I was absent yesterday because I had a fever,” she said simply.

 

“But you we’re seen entering the campus 12:30 n.n?” asked Yuri with her arched brows.

“We have a group work which was supposed to be passed yesterday and as soon as I felt a little better, I thought I could have enough strength to help them, but I didn’t serve as a student assistant so I don’t have any involvement in the case,” said Minkyung.

“Okay,” said Yuri and moved at Sunny.

 

“Sunny?” she asked.

 

“Naeun and I are together when we went home yesterday. So we we’re out exactly according to our dismissal time,” said Amber. Then the students made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter