The Surrender

The Meaning of Being a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the next day, the hearing of the case continued and it seems all things went that easy. Yuri was proven guilty but she surrendered herself though. Because of her crime that he even involved innocent people, she was expelled from the university but it seems that the board had pity on her and made her records clean. While Minkyung, on the other hand, the board had a meeting on her case and they decided not to expel her from the school but instead, she had sworn not to do the same thing again. Moreover, the money was returned which was kept by Minkyung on her locker.

 

For Sulli, she felt so much relieved. After her involvement in the case was solved, the heavens seemed to have so much compassion on her and Yoogeun’s operation was continued. Though, the donor for Yoogeun’s treatment is unknown, she’s still very grateful and whoever that person might be, she prays for him or her and his or her family.

 

Meanwhile, it’s already two weeks since the chaos happened and Sulli’s been very busy. Her life was Mr. Wonbin’s house, Minho’s assistant, university student and a caring sister. She’s so versatile. Now, she’s sitting on the sofa having a movie marathon since Minho has nothing to ask her to do.

 

“Seems you have time to entertain yourself, huh,” said Minho as he sat beside Sulli.

 

“Oh, you’re here, I thought you were out,” said Sulli.

“I’m here right?” answered Minho.

“Do you want something I can do for you?” asked Sulli.

 

“What are you watching? You seemed to be laughing since a while ago,” said Minho looking at the television.

 

“Oh, I’m just picking random movies and the one I just watched a while ago, it’s “Home Alone 4,” said Sulli.

 

“You’re already adult but you’re watching kiddie movies,” said Minho.

“You know, I really don’t understand you… Well, that movie is for all ages,” said Sulli but Minho didn’t reply for a couple of minutes.

 

“What are you choosing?” asked Minho.

“I’m not really sure which movie should I watch. It seems they are all good,” said Sulli looking on the screen.

 

“Have you watched the movie, “A Walk to Remember?” asked Minho.

 

“Well you… have you watched it?” asked Sulli.

 

“Nope…I’ve been hearing that from my old classmates at the US and I bet, it’s been quite popular but I haven’t watched it yet,” said Minho.

 

“Okay… so shall we watch it?” asked Sulli.

 

“Why ask me?” asked Minho.

“Coz’ you’re the owner of this television,” said Sulli but Minho didn’t answer so Sulli just played it. While the movie hasn’t started yet, Minho asked Sulli.

 

“You know… the song we had last?” asked Minho.

“Oh… oh yeah,” said Sulli frowning.

 

“How did you know the music?” asked Minho.

Sulli laughed and then answered. “Well you said you trust me right so it might just be luck,” said Sulli and sighed.

 

“You’re not telling the truth, are you?” asked Minho.

 

“Oh well, actually, it was the music my friend used to hum when we were little kids and as I get older, I’ve got to continue it,” said Sulli smiling.

 

“Oh, I see,” said Minho and sighed.

“And how about you?” asked Sulli.

 

“My only friend in the US thought me until the song’s bridge. We might just be lucky that the song ended great,” said Minho.

 

“Can I ask about your friend’s name?” asked Sulli curiously.

“He’s name is Luhan,” said Minho.

“I see. I thought we might be pertaining to the same person,” said Sulli and then they kept silent watching the movie.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter