Help!!! Get me out of here!

The Meaning of Being a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah! Xiumin!!! Hurry! Kyungsoo is beating you whose legs are shorter than yours!!!” yelled Captain Kris as he whistled.

As time passes by, pressure is increasing and increasing to everybody specially to the men’s and women’s tennis team now that both teams have entered the semi-finals.

 

“Captain! Will I play on the semi-finals?” asked Kai.

“Let’s still see if you can,” said the captain as if he’s ignoring Kai.

“I’m not going to be a substitute, right?” asked Kai but Kris didn’t give him an answer.

 

“Why do I still have to go through all over this again?” asked Kai to himself.

“Because you’re weak,” said Minho as he put his towel in his locker beside Kai.

“What did you just say?” asked Kai.

“Because you’re weak,” said Minho plainly as he looked at Kai.

“Do you really understand the meaning of the word ‘manners?!” asked Kai raising his voice and everybody in the locker room went silent.

“You still don’t know the meaning of manners and you’re asking me? Well, the word manners is the plural form of manner which means behavior,” said Minho as if he didn’t sense Kai’s anger. Kai was about to punch his face but Kyungsoo from his back was able to pull him out before he was able to do what he’s thinking.

 

“Yes Kai. Minho knows the meaning of manners but he does not understand it and fortunately, he does not have them,” said Kyungsoo as if Minho wasn’t there.

 

“Why do I always feel like I don’t belong in this team?” asked Minho lowering his intonation.

 

“Because you don’t understand the meaning of being in a team,” said Kris as he close his locker.

“Minho, we’re already on the semi-finals and yes, when you also feel like you do not belong in the team, we also feel like you don’t belong to this team. Is that the thing you want to hear? Can’t you see we’re adjusting? We’re adjusting just to make you feel like you belong to the team, and you’re implying us that like we’re just doing nothing. That’s hell of a no! Though we’re adjusting and you seem not to see it, it’s because you can’t adjust yourself! Well, the truth is, since you came in the team, we’re like bee’s flying away from our cone. Is that enough for you to hear?” asked Kris like he’s out of he’s mind. He finally spoke out for the team.

 

“Okay! Is that all! Tell me all of your grudges so I can adjust then!” said Minho.

 

“Wow! You can now tell us that you can adjust to us when you yourself can’t adjust to yourself,” said Kyungsoo.

 

“You also don’t know respect. Though you may also know it better than us but you really can’t understand. More than respect, you really don’t understand teamwork, cooperation, trust and all because you don’t know yourself and so also don’t know who you are,” said Baekyun his arms crossed on his chest.

 

“For me, you’re a genius tennis player and the youngest player who has achieved that high at your age that I’ve known. You’re strong but you’re actually weak when it comes to your own emotions,” said Suho who just came out from the bath room drying his face with his black towel.

 

“Before you entered the team, everybody kept on saying that I was the lucky charm of the team but I came to realize it when you said that there is no such word as ‘luck’ on the tennis courts, and they’re only used by the weak to comfort themselves. Tsskk… I was depressed, but I had to overcome it and so it did. From then on, people no longer call me a luck charm and it felt different. I just know I’m doing my best every time I step on the court with my opponent,” said Chanyeol sitting on the chair.

 

 

“Ho! Ho! You may not call this a grudge. When you became closer to Sulli, I came to know that everybody in the team likes her,” said Xiumin smirking. Minho was about to walk out when Kai spoke up.

 

“What now! You’re going to walk out? You told us to speak out all our grudges and now you’re walking out?! Well, that’s very irresponsible of you,” said Kai smirking.

“Kai! Enough! Give him time,” said Kris.

“Give him time give him time,” said Kai repeating his words as he faced his locker and then Minho eventually walk out.

--------------------------------

“You’re early. Did you not have your practice?” asked Mr. Wooyoung as Minho entered the house.

 

“I’m leaving to America tomorrow,” said Minho as he threw his bag beside the couch where his father is sitting while reading a magazine.

 

“We have an agreement,” said Mr. Wooyoung as he picked a piece of sliced pineapple chunk but Minho immediately grabbed the container.

 

“Prepare my passport and visa. I’ll be leaving tomorrow,” said Minho like a boss.

“Wait until you get into the finals, and you’re already in the semi-finals. Just two steps to go,” said his father.

“Forget it! They don’t need me,” said Minho.

“Did something go wrong? I’ll call Coach Kim,” said Mr. Wouyoung  but Minho kicked his cellular phone.

“What’s wrong with you?” asked Mr. Wooyoung as he stood up.

“I hate you,” said Minho like a kid.

“But I love you,” said his father.

“If you love me, then do what I want,” said Minho.

“No Minho! I love you so I enrolled you at that school so you can learn and become your father,” said his father facing his son.

“You said you want me to learn but there, I’m learning to hate myself and you even dare say that I’ll learn and become like you?! That does not make any important sense! What’s there to become like you?! To become a looser? Or to become a winner applauded by everybody because you won countless time but you never won your child’s time?! To become a worthless father who has nothing to do but to rule his son’s life? Quit wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter