Tournament

The Meaning of Being a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Quang Jo Min University vs. Kim Hyun Min Youth Academy

Roster: Quang Jo Min University

Doubles 1: Kyungsoo and Xiumin

Doubles 2: Baekhyun and Suho

Singles 1: Kai

Singles 2: Chanyeol

Singles 3: Kris

Substitute: Tao

 

Roster: Kim Hyun Min Youth Academy

Doubles 1: Leejun and Chen

Doubles 2: Onew and Key

Singles 1: Taecyeon

Singles 2: Nichkhun

Singles 3: Donghae

Substitute: Luhan

 

The first game of the semi-finals is doubles one between Xiumin and Kyungsoo of Quang Jo Min University and Leejun and Chen of Kim Hyun Min Youth Academy. The first game was won by Xiumin and Kyungsoo.

 

The second game was between Baekyun and Suho and Onew and Key. The point of the game was won by Kim Hyun Min Youth Academy.

 

The third game was between Kai and Taecyeon. It was a deuce. Both of them were injured during the game due to the techniques they used so nobody owns the point. The point is still 1 all.

 

The second singles game, which was the fifth game of the semi-finals is between Chanyeol and Nichkhun. Chanyeol was known to be one of the best tennis players in the team and he was born a prodigy. He never lost in a single game in his entire life but will it change?

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol lost. Minho, not being on the team might have affected Chanyeol’s performance. Among the team, Chanyeol has the best vibes with Minho.

 

“Even a prodigy can fall to his knees in order to get to the top,” said Nichknhun as they shook hands after the game.

 

Now, it’s the third singles game. The captains of the two teams, Kris and Donghae. If Kris will win this game, then they still have a chance to get to the finals and if Donghae wins, Kris and the others should wait and fight for another year to get into the finals.

 

 

The game was won by Kris and his team was relieved. They still have a chance to win the semi-finals. Everybody knows how important the semi-finals. Last year, they should’ve been into the national championship if Tao’s legs didn’t fail him. They forfeited the game when the point score was 2-2.

 

As Tao was preparing for the game, he stumbled to the ground and everybody rushed to him.

“Not again!” mumbled Taemin.

“Can you play?” asked Kris who ran from the court.

 

“I’m really sorry. It’s not my intention,” replied Tao sadly.

“Coach, what shall we do know?” asked Kai from the back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ll be the substitute,” said Minho from the back who just appeared in front of them and they’re all surprised.

 

“You came. I thought you’ll never show us that face again after what happened,” said Kai with his arms on his chest.

“Stop it Kai,” said Kris, “This is not the time to talk on your personal emotions.”

 

“Own emotions?!” blurted Kai.

“Okay, stop it. Minho will play,” commanded Coach Kim.

 

“Just make sure we’ll win this match. Do your best,” said Kai and sat with his serious face.

 

---------------------------------------

It’s a match of Minho against Luhan. As they meet at the courts, they’re both surprised to see each other again.

 

“Minho?” asked Luhan as he frowned.

“Luhan?” asked Minho as he also frowned and then they embraced each other as the audiences were also surprised.

“Well, Minho bro, let’s talk about things later. We just have to finish this game and make our teams proud. I won’t play a friendly game,” said Luhan smirking.

 

“Well you should I will, too. I do my best in every game I play,” Minho said and they both proceeded on their courts.

 

-----------

After several minutes of the game, the score is already 6-6. Suddenly, Sulli arrived on the courts and she saw the score. The pressure of the game is so intense. By the way, she just arrived because their game just ended a while and it’s good that she was able to catch at least a game. Kai also kept on texting him on what’s happening and Sulli can’t help to smile on what Kai is texting him about Minho’s arrogance.

 

As she took a seat, she cheered for Minho out of nowhere. “Go Minho!!! Do your best!!!” she shouted from the silence and both Minho and Luhan took their attention.

 

“Woah, that pretty girl is cheering for you, huh,” Luhan said as they exchanged courts.

 

“Don’t mind her. She’s crazy,” said Minho and smirked.

 

As they continue playing, the audiences went silent. It’s been two minutes that the two kept on receiving and returning the ball yet no takes the score.

 

“I think this Luhan guy is a best match for Minho,” said Chanyeol.

“But how in the world that Luhan is merely just a substitute?” asked Xiumin.

“We don’t know,” said Chanyeol.

 

Finally, Minho smashed the ball and Luhan wasn’t able to receive the inside ball.

 

“You’ve got inspired huh,” remarked Luhan wiping his sweat on his forehead. “Nice shot, you caught me off guard,” he added.

 

“I know you’d always be my best partner,” said Minho as he served the other ball.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter