Looking for Something to Do

The Meaning of Being a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How dare you!!! Get out of this house!!! You worthless freak!!! Ever  since you were in this house, my parents did never pay their attention in me but I’m their true child!!! You’re just nothing but a snatcher! Robber! And  depriver!!!  Now that my parents are dead, you don’t have the right to stay in this house!!! You don’t have the right coz’ you’re just a lowly daughter of a !!! You’re just adopted coz’ no one would ever dare look at you and be thankful because my father took pity on you!!!” shouted IU throwing Sulli’s things outside.

                                          

 

“You’re the reason why my parents are dead and now I’m with no one!!! If it wasn’t you, I could still see them until now!!!” continued IU.

 

 

“Stop it IU! They died in accident and no one did ever want that to happen! It’s not my fault why you’re feeling like that now! Our parents’ attention was almost kept on you and I almost feel like I am an outcast and wished that I should’ve been part of the family! You can say that because you can’t see how much your parents love you… You only see their shortcomings!” said Sulli fighting back her emotions.

 

 

“My parent’s Sulli!!! And be glad because your wish is granted and will be granted again!!! You’ve never been a part of the family and you’ll never be a part of anyone’s family!!!” shouted IU and closed the door.

 

 

 

Sulli can’t help her tears from flowing. Since she was a baby, she was an orphan and never saw her parents since then. She was taken care by the nuns at the orphanage. At ten years of age, she was adapted by IU’s family now she’s 21.

 

IU’s family has been a great support at the orphanage, and from what she heard, IU’s parents are from the orphanage too. She thought she was the luckiest amongst all the orphans when she got adapted by IU’s parents but she was wrong. They were very good at first but as days went by, she was treated like a dog in the street. She was like their maid and even worse than them. Experiencing that everyday would make her cry always but as she experiences more of them, she also got immune.

 

They’d not give her food unless she’d kiss IU’s mom’s foot. The mother and child would make her clean the storage room, toilet and other parts of the house the whole day if she does not have classes or the whole night if she does not have a class. IU would even give her assignments to Sulli and she would make it to avoid tough consequences. Sulli is a genius though, whenever IU would have just a single mistake on her assignments, she would not let Sulli eat for the next whole day, and would tell her mom not to give her any allowance. During leisure time, the mother and child would even tell her to act like a dog, cat, dinosaur, fish or whatsoever and they would laugh at her.

 

 

Sulli’s life there is like a living hell. But IU’s father was different from the mother and child. She’ll only have peace when IU’s father was back from business since he only goes home often because of business from abroad. And whenever he’s out, the same situation happens. If she only had the chance to fight for her right, she would’ve done that but she owes so much to IU’s dad. She once told IU’s dad about the way she was being treated whenever he’s out and she felt like she was really relieved but then, her father told her wife and IU what she said to him. Both of them just nodded on everything that IU’s father would tell but when he left, they treated her even more that she haven’t experienced before.

 

If she only had a chance to escape, she would’ve done that but she can’t because she needs to finish her studies. Her studies were sustained by IU’s family and if she will get away, it’s really impossible achieving her dreams and aspirations in life. And if she’d go back at the orphanage, she feels like she already does not belong there though the nun kept on saying she’s always welcome there. She only feels like the orphanage already fulfilled their duty on her ad she’s already old that she can do it by herself.

 

 

 

 

“Goodbye IU. I will miss you..” said Sulli as she turned her back pulling her luggage without knowing where to go. Now that IU’s parents are dead, she has no hope. Her dreams just ended up like that. “Just wow!!!” she thought  as tears continuously flowed from her eyes.

 

 

 

It’s already 5 o’clock in the afternoon and the sky is dark. As each tear fall from her eyes, a rain drop would also fall to the ground that she would step on until her tears uncontrollably fell from her eyes and rain totally enveloped the surroundings. “Nature is with me,” she thought and ran towards the waiting shade.

 

She’s been walking for almost one and a half hour and now that’s raining, she totally does not know what to do or where to go. She’s only wish for a miracle. As she thought of that, her sight caught something.

 

 

IMMEDIATE HIRING!

Personal Assistant

At least 18 years old and accomplished secondary education

Inquire at Choi Residence

#043 Lee Subdivision, Chuanjing Street, Seoul

 

“Nature is really with me,” she thought. She immediately got the notice and went to the place. The address seemed to be familiar to her. Maybe just 10 minutes of walk yet it’s raining. Sulli didn’t care about the air and just run with her luggage. She can’t let this chance go.

 

 

Now she’s in front of the house.

 

 

“#043…” she thought and heaved a deep sigh.

 

“Dingdong….” sounded the buzzer as Sulli pressed it.

 

It did not take a minute for a person opened a door for her. An old ajusshi opened the door and welcomed her.

 

 

“Good evening ajusshi…. I came here to inquire about the job y-you are offering…” said Sulli awkwardly.

“ahahahahah. It’s nice to hear that. How old are you my dear?” asked the ajusshi.

 

 

“E-eighteen S-sir,” said Sulli shyly.

 

 

The ajusshi laughed again. “Ahahaha…. I really have good instincts. I said that the first one to apply will also be the first one to be hired and you fit,” said the ajusshi.

 

“Ah, this ajusshi is funny,” thought Sulli.

 

 

“A-ajusshi… I am only here to i-inquire a-about the job ajusshi,” said Sulli hesitantly.

 

Again, the ajusshi laughed. “Ahahaha… You came to inquire but you’ll surely apply,” said the ajusshi and continued laughing.

 

 

“M-maybe you’re right ajusshi,” said Sulli and laughed hesitantly.

 

 

“Ahahahah. You can just say ‘you’re right,” said the ajusshi. “Then, what made you say you are to inquire and not to apply yet?” asked the ajusshi.

 

 

“A-ajushi… b-because I’m still not sure if I can apply,” said Sulli and smiled.

 

 

“Ahahahaha…. You’re right. So, tell me if you can apply” sad the ajusshi which made Sulli think for a while. “What does he mean?” she thought. She’ll just say anything that her mind would manage to say.

 

 

“A-ajusshi… I’m actually still a college student and I don’t know if the job requires full time or part time,” said Sulli.

 

 

 

“Oh, that actually depends. Tell me about your course,” said the ajusshi.

 

 

“I’m currently taking Bachelor of Science and Medicine. F-freshman student at Quang Jo Min Camp University…” said Sulli but the ajusshi didn’t say a word and remained silent and then laughed.

 

 

“ahahahahha….  How can I be so lucky? No buts and you’re hired,” said the ajusshi.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter