Ch. [32]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Kyuhyun… it’s too early,” Hyukjae complained as they went out from the bungalow. The sun hadn’t even risen and they were already walking out.

 

“This is something you do first thing in the morning,” Kyuhyun said.

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun confused, raising an eyebrow. “That’s weird…,” he said, shaking his head slightly. “But then again, you’re all weird so I don’t really know what I was expecting.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed. “At least you won’t get exhausted today,” he smiled widely, leaning closer to whisper into Hyukjae’s ear. “So that means you’ll have a lot of energy tonight~”

 

Hyukjae blushed and hit Kyuhyun’s chest. “You ert.”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t do anything else but laugh.

 

They walked along the beach until they found a group of people and Hyukjae raised an eyebrow. “Is that where we’re going?”

 

Kyuhyun hummed. “Exactly there,” he said, making their way through the small group to reach the edge marked by red threats that surrounded a particular area of the beach.

 

“What are we doing?” Hyukjae asked confused. The only thing he saw was the beach and a group of people smiling widely for themselves as they did nothing. “Kyuhyun?”

 

“Just wait,” Kyuhyun said, sitting down on the sand and pulling Hyukjae to sit on his lap.

 

Almost an hour passed and nothing happened, Hyukjae was getting impatient and bored. “Kyuhyun, seriously, what is this?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled softly, kissing his cheek. “Just wait a little longer,” he insisted, giving Hyukjae a reassuring smile.

 

“Here goes the first one!” someone screamed and Kyuhyun stood up, pulling Hyukjae up with him as they looked towards the pointed direction.

 

And then Hyukjae saw it.

 

Baby turtles going out from the sand. “Oh my god…,” Hyukjae whispered, looking how not only one, but a lot of baby turtles went out from the sand, some of them still carrying with small pieces of the egg they came out from.

 

“The second one is here!” someone just by their side screamed and Kyuhyun and Hyukjae turned towards it. Hyukjae grinned widely as he saw the tiny turtles going out from the hand and held onto Kyuhyun’s hand firmly. “I told you, it was beautiful,” the taller said, whispering into his ear as they watched the small turtles going towards the sea.

 

“Amazing…,” Hyukjae couldn’t believe it.

 

He knew how it was, but he never got to see it before. It was like a lot of small miracles all over the beach and one by one, the turtles were going out, waddling towards the waves that pulled them back to the beach. Silently, Hyukjae was cheering for them.

 

The next hour consisted of turtles suddenly coming out from the sand and Hyukjae laughed softly as he saw one carrying with almost half an egg behind. “Look at those,” Kyuhyun told him, pointing two turtles almost reaching the sea.

 

It was more like a turtle carrying the other one and Hyukjae shook his head. “Probably the older brother wanting to be the hero,” he chuckled.

 

“Or the kind boyfriend carrying his master to the sea,” Kyuhyun grinned, hugging Hyukjae from behind.

 

“That would be ,” Hyukjae smiled, turning up to look at Kyuhyun and kiss his jaw.

 

Kyuhyun smiled widely, turning his head to steal a soft kiss from Hyukjae’s lips. “ can be justified if the brother is so hot.”

 

Hyukjae grinned. “It’s illegal, Kyuhyun.”

 

“Doesn’t matter,” Kyuhyun chuckled, kissing Hyukjae’s cheek.

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes, hugging Kyuhyun’s hands over his abdomen, leaning against the other’s chest gently. “It’s really pretty…”

 

Kyuhyun hummed, the sun was rising already and the sight of the small turtles starting to live was amazing for everyone in there.

 

Hyukjae insisted in staying there until the last turtle was in the sea and Kyuhyun complied without a second thought. It was midday when they finally decided to leave and they walked hand in hand. Hyukjae didn’t know their new destination but Kyuhyun seemed firm in his steps so he only followed.

 

They reached a small restaurant and Kyuhyun apologized for not having breakfast until so late but Hyukjae laughed and shook his head. “It’s not like a day skipping meals will kill me, Kyuhyun.”

 

“I’m not taking any risk,” Kyuhyun said, kissing his temple as he went to his seat and sat down silently.

 

Just one hour later, they went out from the restaurant and Kyuhyun waved to someone waiting outside. “Let me guess,” Hyukjae grinned. “Our guide?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “How did you know?”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

The waterfall they were visiting wasn’t far away and Hyukjae grinned widely because they didn’t need to walk a lot which meant he could walk hand in hand with Kyuhyun everywhere.

 

Hyukjae thought they would shower or just see the beautiful scene, but instead, they walked closer and he could feel the water splashing against his skin. “Kyuhyun…,” he called, holding Kyuhyun’s hand firmly. “What are we doing?”

 

“You’ll see now,” Kyuhyun informed, pulling Hyukjae against his body to protect him from the water. “Close your eyes.”

 

Hyukjae let out a soft squeak as he felt a heavy weight on his shoulders and realized they were under the waterfall stream. He closed his eyes tightly and sighed deeply as soon as he felt the pain go away.

 

“Open your eyes,” Kyuhyun informed and Hyukjae did as he was told, opening his mouth widely as he saw they were behind the waterfall.

 

“This… woah!” Hyukjae grinned widely, letting go of Kyuhyun’s hand to go around.

 

“Be careful,” Kyuhyun warned, shaking his head as they followed their guide.

 

The caves weren’t that big or impressive, but they were definitely happy because it was the first time they had seen such thing.

 

The route was short and only lasted fifteen minutes. It ended as they reached the last rock. It was plain and had the signatures of everyone who had ever visited the place before. For their surprise, it wasn’t that many.

 

They were given small rocks and they laughed when they were told those would be their pencils.

 

As soon as they got it, they looked at each other and started scratching their signatures and names. It was barely understandable, but they were satisfied with it. After a picture of their masterpieces and another picture of the two of them pointing at their names, they finally decided to come back.

 

Walking back was easier than the way in and they held each other’s hand as they could see the waterfall again. The picture they took was of them with the water falling behind them and Hyukjae was grinning widely, leaning against Kyuhyun as the taller held his waist securely.

 

They were soaked when they came out from the small attraction and they were both guided to the beach once again.

 

Kyuhyun thanked their guide and they realized it was already late. “Let’s eat and then let’s go to the last activity of the day,” Kyuhyun said, pulling Hyukjae’s hand towards the small restaurant they visited before.

 

Hyukjae sighed as he tried to eat the most out from his plate. He wasn’t exaggerating this time. “Really, Kyuhyun,” he sighed deeply. “I can’t finish this.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled and held a piece of meat up. “Just a little more,” he insisted.

 

Hyukjae pouted and looked at Kyuhyun before opening his mouth, eating the offered bite. “No more,” he said as soon as he saw Kyuhyun offering him another one.

 

Ten small bites later, Kyuhyun was satisfied with the outcome and he paid their bill before dragging Hyukjae out. “What will we do now?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled softly. “Make a wish.”

 

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow. “What?”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

It was dark already and the lanterns looked beautiful up in the sky. “It’s really beautiful, Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said as he looked up, grinning widely.

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly and hummed. “Hyukjae, look down so we can let go of ours,” he asked. “We will be the last ones if you keep looking up.”

 

Hyukjae pouted and looked down at his own lantern, biting his lower lip as he held it firmly and Kyuhyun set the base on fire, doing the same with his own.

 

“Make a wish,” Kyuhyun whispered in his ear.

 

Letting go of their floating lanterns was easier than Hyukjae would have thought and he closed his eyes tightly as soon as he let go of it to make a wish. Let me live long enough to spend my life like this forever. He opened his eyes, satisfied with his wish as he looked up at his flying lantern, grinning widely because it was going every second higher.

 

Hyukjae turned towards Kyuhyun and smiled, watching the other with his eyes closed, mumbling something before opening them and letting go of his lantern with a soft smile.

 

Their hands found each other as they looked up until they could no longer see theirs. OR when they were so confused as to distinguish what they were looking at.

 

It was almost midnight, according to Kyuhyun, when they walked back to their bungalow.

 

They didn’t hurry and just walked slowly, hand in hand, enjoying the shared silence and the chaste kisses Kyuhyun would steal from time to time.

 

“Are you tired?” Kyuhyun asked as they stepped into their small room, letting go of Hyukjae’s hand to open the small window and let the breeze get in.

 

Hyukjae stood still in the center of the room and shook his head as he saw Kyuhyun’s movements carefully. “Nope,” he grinned widely.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, turning slightly to stand in front of Hyukjae. “You should have said, ‘not yet’,” he said with a playful smile, wrapping his arms around Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and wrapped his hands around Kyuhyun’s neck. “My bad,” he smiled. “I’m not tired, yet,” he corrected himself.

 

“Let’s make you tired, then,” Kyuhyun grinned, leaning in to kiss Hyukjae’s lips deeply, pulling the smaller’s body against his at once.

 

Hyukjae simply hummed and closed his eyes, smiling for himself as he tilted his head slightly and leaned against Kyuhyun’s chest, kissing back as deep and passionately as the other.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and traced small circles over the smaller’s hips, sighing softly as he saw his sleepy face. He smiled, looking down at his body and he leaned closer to kiss Hyukjae’s forehead softly before sliding out from the bed, looking for his boxers and putting them on.

 

He went out from the small room, wearing the clothes he was wearing before and he looked at the vast ocean.

 

Kyuhyun walked around the beach, breathing in and out deeply as he felt the dizziness and headache increase. “Not now…,” he mumbled lowly, closing his eyes as he stood in front of the sea.

 

If you make a wish to the ocean, one of the native guides told him. If you wish hard enough, with enough strength… if you’re being sincere about it, Kyuhyun clenched his fists tightly feeling his eyes hurt and his chest tighten. If the moon and the ocean know you have been good, Kyuhyun fell down his knees and palms, groaning loudly in pain. His head was spinning, it seemed like it would explode any second. If you really want it, then, your wish might come true.

 

“P-Please…,” Kyuhyun begged, looking up at the moon posed over the ocean proudly, the waves demanding and violent, claiming their strength. “Please…,” he repeated, his head was spinning and his body was weak. “Let me live…,” he closed his eyes, the tears making it hard for him to see. “Please let me live… just a little more…”

 

He was nauseous and he could feel his body trembling. The pain was too much for him to stand anymore. He remembered his wish when he let go of his lantern and he screamed loudly in pain. Let me stay by Hyukjae’s side forever.

 

But Kyuhyun knew, that forever could last a million years or just a second.

 

The waves became even more violent than before, crashing mercilessly against the rocks by the beach’s side. The moon stayed unimpressed by Kyuhyun’s pain. “Please…” his voice was low and hoarse. He was panting, trying to control the pain but failing miserably. “Please let me live…”

 

Neither the ocean nor the moon heard his wish. Because in that very instant, Kyuhyun’s limp body fell down the sand unconscious.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•