Ch. [03]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

It wasn’t that early when Kyuhyun stepped down his car, looking up at the tall building in front of him. It was almost midday, even when Hyukjae told him to come by early.

 

Truth was, that Hyukjae had sent him a text telling him to wait for a few more hours because he had no idea what to wear and even when Kyuhyun found that especially ridiculous, he didn’t say anything. The man was paying him anyway. He wasn’t sure how much he would get paid but anything would be fine.

 

Stepping closer to the main entrance, Kyuhyun was stopped by a big man that looked at him as if he were something unwanted. “Yes?” Kyuhyun asked, trying to not sound as scared as he actually was.

 

The man looked at him up and down and frowned, pursing his lips tightly. “Name,” he said and Kyuhyun had to purse his lips tightly to restrain his laughter to come out because that was one girly voice the huge man got.

 

Kyuhyun looked down and covered his mouth, coughing to try and restrain himself.

 

If the man heard him laugh at him, he would probably get beaten up and he wasn’t ready for that. He lost his job and then he would lose his face. no. I worked hard for this face.

 

“Kyuhyun…,” he finally answered, clearing his throat.

 

“Kyuhyun what?” Can he just stop talking? Kyuhyun cleared his throat again.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun,” As if there were many Kyuhyuns.

 

The man nodded and looked at a list in the man’s hands. There was his name written in there and Kyuhyun wanted to scream and curse loudly because he was actually the only one written in there. Why the - ugh-

 

“Mr. Lee is waiting for you upstairs,” the man said and how much Kyuhyun wanted to just laugh at that voice. “10th floor, apartment 2.”

 

Kyuhyun nodded and cleared his throat. “Yeah,” he simply said, so low because he didn’t trust himself to restrain a mocking smile appear on his lips.

 

He walked to the elevator and stepped inside, turning around only to notice how the man was looking at him intently. He pressed the number ten and waited patiently. The doors closed and Kyuhyun was able to keep his poker face until then, bursting out loudly in laughter as soon as he was sure he was safe, holding onto his stomach as he supported himself by the elevator’s wall.

 

As soon as the elevator’s doors opened again, Kyuhyun took a deep breath and stepped out, grinning widely as he felt his cheeks and stomach hurt from how much he laughed. He stood up in the hall, looking around and noticing how deserted it was. He wondered how much it would cost to live in such building, where no one ever receives visit, considering he was the only one in that list.

 

He spotted the number two at his right and he turned towards it. There were only two departments in each floor so it was either right or left. He looked up and brought his hand up to ring the bell, gasping loudly because he barely touched the small circle when the door was opened widely and suddenly, making him jump up slightly in surprise. “What the-”

 

“Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae exclaimed happily, holding Kyuhyun’s wrist to pull him into the apartment.

 

Kyuhyun followed hesitantly, looking at the man in front of him.

 

“Are you alright?” Kyuhyun asked weirdly, looking at Hyukjae almost jump up and down from excitement.

 

“I’m more than alright!” Hyukjae replied as he nodded eagerly, turning towards him. “Do you have any idea how much I’ve wanted to go walk along the Han River?!”

 

Kyuhyun nodded slowly. This man is crazy. “But we’re going there until late at night, when it’s prettier,” he said cautiously and Hyukjae looked at him with a slight disappointed expression.

 

Hyukjae pursed his lips softly. “But-”

 

“But we can go and rent bikes now!” Kyuhyun hurried himself to say. “Though we’ll get sun burn…,” he sighed and greeted his pale skin goodbye.

 

Hyukjae bit his lip and looked through the window. “Then, maybe eat something?”

 

Kyuhyun hummed before grinning widely. “Markets! I bet you still don’t go to one of those, we can eat there, it’ll be fun,” he said grinning widely and Hyukjae mirrored his expression, nodding excitedly.

 

“What are we waiting for, then?” Hyukjae exclaimed, quickly going to his room. “I have to change! Wait!”

 

Kyuhyun opened his mouth to protest but kept silent at the end. He rolled his eyes as he simply hummed, watching how Hyukjae went towards a room that he suspected was his.

 

He took his time to admire the apartment. It was huge, probably twice the size of his own. And I thought I had bought a huge apartment… Kyuhyun’s self esteem was slowly going down. At least I worked for it. He nodded. And now I’ll have to sell it because I don’t have a job anymore…

 

Groaning lowly, Kyuhyun decided to just walk around. The design was simple and sophisticated, almost as his own. He stepped into the living room and sat down on one of the leather couches, humming because it was actually really comfortably.

 

“Kyuhyun!” He heard his name being called and he sighed softly.

 

“Yes?” He asked loudly, not really wanting to stand up from the couch.

 

“Can I just go with jeans or do I have to dress nicely?” Hyukjae almost screamed from the room and Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

“Just jeans is fine!” Kyuhyun yelled back, turning around as he finally spotted the remote for the TV, holding it up to turn it on, waiting for the other.

 

“I’M READY!” Hyukjae suddenly screamed and Kyuhyun jumped up in surprise, bringing his hand to his chest because he thought he would get a heart attack.

 

“Alright, calm down, I want to reach thirty,” Kyuhyun said, sighing deeply as he tried to calm down his racing heart.

 

He looked up and found Hyukjae laughing softly at him, dressed with just a pair of jeans and a simple blue polo shirt. “You’ll reach thirty, shut up,” Hyukjae said rolling his eyes and poking Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “You brought your car, right? Let’s go!”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and hummed, standing up and turning the tv off. “I had never seen someone so willing to go to the market, really.”

 

“Well, I have never been there so I’m excited of how it’ll be,” Hyukjae said grinning so widely Kyuhyun swore it was a child.

 

“Alright, we’ll eat there too, okay?” Kyuhyun asked, laughing softly when Hyukjae pushed him to hurry out of the apartment.

 

“Yes, I’m already hungry,” Hyukjae said as he pushed Kyuhyun out, grinning widely as he pressed the down arrow button of the elevator, waiting for it to go up.

 

Finally the doors opened and they stepped inside. “You really never went out? Not even for fun?” Kyuhyun asked, raising an eyebrow as he watched how Hyukjae had a big smile in his lips.

 

“I used to, when my mother was alive, but then my dad re-married and my step mom wasn’t really fond of going out and ‘merge’ with everyone else,” Hyukjae said rolling his eyes.

 

Kyuhyun nodded slowly and raised an eyebrow as he looked at Hyukjae weirdly. “So you’re one of those rich boys with a horrible past?”

 

Hyukjae laughed and shook his head. “Of course not. I was pretty happy. I also didn’t want to merge till recently and I liked my step mom. Truth is, I can barely remember my mom but I do remember how she used to scold me for eating so much or when I smiled and showed my gums, she didn’t like it.”

 

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow intrigued. Interesting. “How old were you when your mother died?” he asked, hoping the questions wasn’t that rude.

 

Hyukjae stood quiet for a few seconds. “Six,” he said. “She had me when she was twenty three and she died when she was twenty nine, she was actually really young,” he nodded.

 

“Really?” Kyuhyun asked as soon as they stepped out of the elevator, walking to the lobby. “How did it happen?”

 

Hyukjae sighed and pouted. “She had a rare blood disease, I don’t really know which one but she did and then it got complicated…”

 

“That’s… a little tragic,” Kyuhyun commented and Hyukjae chuckled shaking his head.

 

“It’s not like that,” Hyukjae said.

 

Kyuhyun was about to ask more when he was interrupted by an especially girly voice. “Mr. Lee, are you going out?”

 

Kyuhyun pursed his lips and glared at the man in front of him, slowly leaning towards Hyukjae to whisper lowly. “I don’t like him.”

 

Hyukjae let out a soft laugh and looked at Kyuhyun, whispering back. “Be nice,” he warned and then looked at the man in front of them. “Yes, I’ll come back late at night.”

 

The man nodded and opened the door for Hyukjae. “Have a good day, sir,” he said and glared at Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun glared back, slowly walking to the door before stamping against it. “God ing dammit-” he looked up, rubbing his sore nose to glare at the huge man that was smirking at him. He groaned and pushed the door open, glaring one last time to the man before finally going out. I don’t hit him just because I’m with Hyukjae- He convinced himself.

 

“HAHAHAHA!” Hyukjae’s laugh was so loud that some passer bys looked at him confused. “That was so funny!”

 

Kyuhyun groaned and glared at Hyukjae, stepping closer to hold his wrist and guide him to his car. “Shut up, I won’t take you to the market like this,” he threatened.

 

Hyukjae calmed down slightly, but he still laughed softly and giggled from time to time until they reached Kyuhyun’s car and he quickly jumped in, waiting for Kyuhyun to go in as well. “Quickly!” he hurried.

 

Kyuhyun groaned and sat down, putting on his seat belt. “Calm down, you weren’t quick when you were laughing, right?” he protested and started the engine. “The market won’t go anywhere,” he mumbled, finally driving off.

 

“But we won’t have too long, Kyuhyun, I need to visit as many things as possible before my vacations end,” Hyukjae said and nodded, grinning widely for himself as he looked through the car window.

 

Kyuhyun glanced at Hyukjae curiously. “What do you work in?” he finally asked.

 

Hyukjae chuckled and looked at Kyuhyun. “I used to work for my father so I spent the whole day in the office of in my studio in my apartment… I don’t remember ever going or doing what I wanted so now it’s the time.”

 

“What made you decide it so suddenly?” Kyuhyun asked and turned right.

 

“I have money, Kyuhyun, I discovered I can do anything I’d like whenever I wish to,” Hyukjae chuckled and nodded for himself.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, focusing on the road instead. “Seriously, I’ll never understand rich people.”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and hummed, grinning widely when he could see the market already. “Oh my god Kyuhyun! Is that it?! Is that the market?! Can we get food there?!”

 

Kyuhyun groaned at the loud voice, chuckling softly. “Yes, yes, and yes,” he answered. “Not just food but many other things, you should be familiar with the concept.”

 

“I am, but it’s different from what people tell me or I read…,” Hyukjae said, almost jumping out of the car as soon as Kyuhyun parked his car.

 

“Easy there-” Kyuhyun warned, holding Hyukjae’s shirt before the latter went out, holding him in place and making Hyukjae pout at him. “Calm down or you’ll get lost, we have time to go through it entirely, alright?”

 

Hyukjae sighed deeply and nodded. “Fine…,” he finally agreed and Kyuhyun nodded, letting go of his shirt to go out from the car and pulling Hyukjae closer.

 

“I feel like a baby sitter, you’re a child,” Kyuhyun mumbled, slowly walking through the halls.

 

“I’m just excited,” Hyukjae defended. “Later on, let’s go to many other places, alright? I want to visit the beach.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “Next time, let’s go to the beach, then.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•