Ch. [08]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Hyukjae stirred out from his dream slowly, letting out a soft moan and whine, turning around to nuzzle again against his blankets. He smiled as he felt comfortable again and sighed softly, feeling himself going to dreamland again.

 

His peaceful moment was interrupted when he heard his stomach grumble. He pouted and patted his abdomen with his hand, as if soothing it. “Let me sleep…,” he mumbled, smiling when it calmed down and he could finally go back to sleep.

 

His stomach didn’t seem to understand how sleeping patterns worked and it grumbled again, making Hyukjae groan in annoyance, refusing to stand up to seek for food. There was nothing he could eat in his apartment, anyways. He would have to call for it.

 

“Are you really not standing up?” Kyuhyun asked, making Hyukjae open his eyes at once, groaning loudly in annoyance before covering his entire body with the blanket.

 

“Go away, Kyuhyun, I’m sleepy…,” Hyukjae said, mumbling lowly.

 

“But you’re hungry,” Kyuhyun laughed softly and took the blanket away to expose Hyukjae’s body. “Go take a shower, we’ll have breakfast and then I’ll take you somewhere fun,” he announced. “Hurry.”

 

As annoyed and tired as Hyukjae was, the fact that he could do something as exciting as the last day made him stand up from his bed. “What will we eat for breakfast?” He asked as he put on his slippers.

 

“I was thinking in one simple breakfast in a café near here,” Kyuhyun said as he looked at the messy bed. “Hurry up, it’s almost eleven.”

 

Hyukjae gasped. “Really?!” He exclaimed surprised. He didn’t really remember sleeping for so long before.

 

“Yes, and you’re losing time,” Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

Hyukjae laughed softly. “You’re a good slave, not waking me up early,” he said and patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “Good boy.”

 

“I’m not a dog,” Kyuhyun groaned. “Hurry up before I leave you here.”

 

Hyukjae pouted and glared at Kyuhyun before turning around, choosing his clothes and going into the bathroom.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Hyukjae sipped from his orange juice, squinting his eyes as he looked for a possible match in his small notebook. “Do you like small eyes?” He asked and Kyuhyun looked up at him, raising his eyebrow confused.

 

“I don’t really mind the eyes, small or big, they have to be pretty,” Kyuhyun said as he took his fork to his mouth, eating the pancakes slowly.

 

Hyukjae grinned and nodded, taking out his cell phone. “I have your next date already,” he said and started typing on his phone. “She’s nice. She is really smart and she won’t talk about his ex, I promise,” he said as he sent the text, looking up at Kyuhyun.

 

“When will it be?” Kyuhyun asked as he kept eating, looking how Hyukjae cut his pancakes meticulously.

 

“I think it’ll be the day after tomorrow,” Hyukjae said and nodded. “And probably it’ll be lunch because she doesn’t go out at night.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and hummed. “Good, because I already know what we’ll do tomorrow,” he grinned widely.

 

Hyukjae sighed softly. “You really have a lot of energy,” he said as he ate his pancakes slowly. “I don’t even know what we’ll do today…”

 

“It’ll be fun, don’t worry,” Kyuhyun said and nodded, drinking from his apple juice.

 

“I’m a little terrified at your idea of ‘fun’,” Hyukjae admitted. “You seem to like really dangerous stuff…”

 

“Shut up, eat, and let me do my job, Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun said, pointing Hyukjae’s almost untouched plate with his fork. “And eat it all, you’ll need energy.”

 

Hyukjae pouted and looked down, continuing to eat, smiling widely when he could feel the great taste. It was actually good. He wondered why he never really went out to small cafes before.

 

After a few minutes, they paid the bill and went out, Hyukjae complaining about how much he ate but how delicious it was and Kyuhyun laughing at him telling him he was going to explode. “you’re so thin, you need to eat a lot more.”

 

“Even more than now?” Hyukjae asked. “It seems to me that ever since you’re here, I eat twice of what I ate before.”

 

“Then, you used to eat half of what you should,” Kyuhyun nodded, opening the door for Hyukjae, and walking around the car when the latter jumped in.

 

“It’s already one in the afternoon, do we have time to do what you have planned?” Hyukjae asked as he put on his seat belt, kicking his shoes to cross his legs on the seat, looking at Kyuhyun as the taller male drove off.

 

“Of course, I meant for it to be in the afternoon anyways,” Kyuhyun explained. “That way you can see the sunset.”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely. “Are you taking me to the beach?!” He asked excitedly.

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly and shook his head. “No, I decided to do everything here before going to the beach,” he said. “You’ll enjoy this as well, I promise.”

 

“Alright,” Hyukjae smiled and nodded. “But there won’t be predators, right?”

 

Kyuhyun laughed. “No more,” he shook his head. “At least not planned, I cannot promise anything, really.”

 

“That doesn’t sound really assuring, Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said raising an eyebrow. “Will it take us too long to arrive there?”

 

Kyuhyun pursed his lips for a few seconds, as if counting the time in his mind. “Maybe one or one and a half hours,” he said and nodded. “Why? Bored already?”

 

Hyukjae chuckled and shook his head. “Just to see if I can sleep for a while,” he grinned widely. “I’m sleepy.”

 

“You slept like twelve hours already!” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

 

“I ate too much..,” Hyukjae defended himself.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Alright, I’ll wake you up as soon as we’re there.”

 

Hyukjae hummed, yawning softly before snuggling against the seat, closing his eyes and letting his body relax.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun called gently, softly shaking his shoulders. “Yah, Hyukjae,” he nudged his sides. “Seriously…,” he sighed and cleared his throat. “HYUKJAE!”

 

Hyukjae jumped up, his legs hitting the front of the car, so disoriented and scared that he looked around like a lost puppy. “What-”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly, stepping back slightly. “Come on, we have things to do.”

 

Hyukjae sighed and rubbed his eyes, pouting as he tried his eyes to adjust to the light again. He jumped out from the car after putting on his shoes again and he looked up at the structure in front of him, opening his mouth widely. “Woah…,” his expression quickly changed into an amused and happy one, grinning widely, not caring when he heard the slight click Kyuhyun’s camera did. “Are we riding that?” He asked as he pointed at the huge hot air balloon.

 

Kyuhyun let his camera down and looked up at the colorful balloon, nodding as he turned back to Hyukjae. “I thought it would be nice.”

 

Hyukjae nearly screamed in happiness. “I have always wanted to ride one of these! Hurry!” He said as he ran towards the prepared balloon. “Kyuhyun! Don’t be so slow! I don’t pay you for this!”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, following Hyukjae, though not yet running. “You haven’t paid me, you idiot!” He exclaimed, laughing at Hyukjae’s ‘Whatever’.

 

As soon as Hyukjae jumped in, he jumped up and down excitedly, reaching a hand for Kyuhyun. “Kyuhyun, seriously, we’re losing time with your slow movements, are you a turtle?”

 

Kyuhyun jumped in as well, smacking Hyukjae’s head. “Says the one who spends his days sleeping.”

 

Hyukjae massaged his nape, pouting and glaring at Kyuhyun. “Shut up, slave, I can do whatever I wish,” he said and pointed at the sky. “Take me to heaven!”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and nodded, taking in the small sacks that kept the balloon down. “You’re lucky I learnt how to ride this for you,” he mumbled as he prepared everything and the balloon started to elevate slowly.

 

“KYUHYUN! WE’RE GOING UP!” Hyukjae exclaimed, nearly hyperventilating.

 

“Calm down, squirrel,” Kyuhyun chuckled, finally making the balloon go higher. “Do I have to tell you to calm down all the time? You always look so excited.”

 

“I had never done things as exciting as these,” Hyukjae admitted, reaching the edge of the basket to look down, grinning widely. “I never had the time.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and walked to the edge of the basket as well. “Well, now you do,” he said. “I’ll make sure to bring you to different places all the time,” he nodded. “Though we might as well have some relaxed days…”

 

“You have a free day every week, Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae laughed softly. “You just need to tell me which one.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and nodded. “I’ll use Sundays,” he said. “Everything is crowded on Sundays, it’s stressing.”

 

Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun and nodded. “Sundays, then, I’ll remember.”

 

The balloon went up as high as it was allowed and Kyuhyun made sure to keep it up, staying in the sky as Hyukjae looked down the landscape.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t even doubt a second before taking the next picture of Hyukjae, lowering his camera to grab a small basket he had in there. He took out a couple of sandwiches. “Here, you need to eat,” Kyuhyun said, handing Hyukjae one of the sandwiches as he rested against the edge of the basket.

 

Hyukjae held the sandwich and gave Kyuhyun a wide smile, too excited to even be able to talk.

 

After a few minutes, Hyukjae was able to look the city clearer and he pointed down at random things for Kyuhyun to see. At that point, Kyuhyun realized Hyukjae could be rich and maybe powerful, but he had never really lived. Hyukjae didn’t seem to have experience such beautiful trips before. “Have you traveled by plane?” he asked.

 

Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun confused. “Plane?” he asked back. “Of course…”

 

“Then why is this so exciting?” Kyuhyun asked, munching from his sandwich.

 

Hyukjae chuckled and looked down, reaching his hand to try to reach a cloud. “Planes are boring. I used to sleep in them. This is different,” he looked at Kyuhyun. “I feel like I’m in heaven… I’m in the clouds, I can see everything from here… you can’t touch the air when you’re in a plane…”

 

Kyuhyun smiled and hummed. “You’re like a small little kid,” Kyuhyun said and ruffled Hyukjae’s hair gently.

 

It took them a half an hour ride, three sandwiches each, some water and juice, to finally take a picture together. Kyuhyun made sure part of the basket could be seen, as well as the sky, the clouds and the landscape.

 

Hyukjae grinned widely, winking at the camera with his fingers making a ‘v’ sign. Kyuhyun simply grinned childishly, proud of making someone smile as bright as Hyukjae.

 

“Hyukjae, look,” Kyuhyun called after a while, pointing at a different direction Hyukjae was looking. “The sunset,” he announced.

 

Hyukjae quickly turned, grinning widely before resting his arms on the basket and his cheek over his arms, looking carefully. “It’s beautiful…,” he said sighing gently. “Why didn’t I do this before?” He asked himself.

 

“Because you didn’t find me,” Kyuhyun said resting by Hyukjae’s side, looking at him and chuckling softly, taking another picture at Hyukjae’s nostalgic expression.

 

“You’re right…,” Hyukjae smiled, not tearing his eyes away from the sunset. “I wish I knew there were so many good things to see…”

 

“We’re just starting, Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun said, ruffling Hyukjae’s hair. “We have time.”

 

Hyukjae closed his eyes for a second, smiling widely. “You’re right,” he said. “We have time…”

 

Kyuhyun had to keep himself steady when they finally reached the ground. He felt dizzy and Hyukjae seemed like a drunk person, not being able to balance their bodies.

 

They decided to just lay down on the grass for a few minutes until they felt better and Hyukjae sighed deeply. “My head hurts…,” he said, closing his eyes. “Too high…”

 

“You were the one who wanted to go higher,” Kyuhyun retorted, also closing his eyes. “Let’s just wait a little more, I don’t think I’ll be able to drive like this…”

 

“And I also don’t want to die so soon,” Hyukjae said, bringing his hand up to massage his temples. “Let’s just pay a taxi to takes us to the nearest hotel and sleep there.”

 

“It actually sounds like a great plan,” Kyuhyun said sighing softly.

 

The last picture that was taken that day, by the taxi driver, was of Hyukjae and Kyuhyun trying to hold each other up to pose but failing miserably and falling down, eyes wide open and a terrified expression as they were about to meet the grass again.

 

This time the one who laughed was the taxi driver that had to help them both walking straight at how dizzy and disoriented they were for at least an hour.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•