Ch. [21]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Who am I again?” Hyukjae asked, looking at himself in the reflection of his own body in the car’s window.

 

“Wolverine,” Kyuhyun said, grinning widely as he fixed himself by Hyukjae’s side.

 

“I look like an old man with a lot of body hair instead of a superhero, Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae pouted, looking up at him. “And why are you Loki? I want to be Loki too! I like him more!”

 

“You can’t,” Kyuhyun said, taking out his camera and taking a picture of a distracted Hyukjae. “I’m Loki because I’m perfect like this.”

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “Whatever,” he mumbled, fixing himself by Kyuhyun’s side and grinning widely as Kyuhyun took a picture of the two of them in custom.

 

“I never came to one of these conventions,” Hyukjae said as soon as they started walking to the entrance. They weren’t the only ones in custom so Hyukjae didn’t really feel bad about it.

 

“How Loki of you to come with me,” Kyuhyun grinned, satisfied because Hyukjae was laughing at his ridiculous and cheesy pun.

 

“You’re so frustrating Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae exclaimed, laughing loudly and trying to hit Kyuhyun’s shoulder but being unable to because he had what seemed to be sticks going out from his hands.

 

“You like it anyway,” Kyuhyun laughed, pulling Hyukjae by the waist towards the different places.

 

Strangely enough, Hyukjae had fun. He never really liked being around too many people but everyone gave them space and sometimes asked for pictures that they gladly accepted.

 

Kyuhyun never let go of him and it was until a few hours later, that the place was getting crowded, that the taller took him out.

 

They didn’t change clothes and decided to go visit Hyukjae’s father and Duck like that, since it was barely midday. Kyuhyun bought food in their way and Hyukjae was groaning frustrated because he could do nothing with those hands. “You don’t need to do anything anyway,” Kyuhyun said. “I’ll do it for you.”

 

Hyukjae just smiled softly. “Will you feed me as well?”

 

Kyuhyun glanced at Hyukjae, nodding his head before slowing down the car, reaching the address he was told. “Of course,” he answered. “I’ll feed you and carry you and all that stuff.”

 

“Alright!” Hyukjae grinned, pointing at the house they were supposed to go.

 

“I’m not sure if I should ask or not…,” Kangin said as soon as he saw Kyuhyun and Hyukjae at his door, grinning childish at him.

 

“Just know that we had fun,” Hyukjae replied, stepping in as soon as he saw Duck running towards them.

 

Kyuhyun smiled widely and bowed to Hyukjae’s father. “Good day, sir,” he said, stepping in as well to go and pet Duck gently by Hyukjae’s side.

 

Kangin only sighed and closed the door.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“What should I take?” Hyukjae asked as he packed his belongings.

 

“Whatever you feel like packing,” Kyuhyun said, stuffing his things into his suitcase as well.

 

“Kyuhyun, I hope you know the only one who knows where we’re going here, is you,” Hyukjae said, glaring at the taller. “I need information to know what I’ll need.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly and looked at Hyukjae’s suitcase, closing it. “You take everything you need,” he assured, pulling the suitcase down from the bed. “Now let’s get going,” he grinned widely, ruffling Hyukjae’s hair gently.

 

Hyukjae sighed frustrated, looking around just to make sure he didn’t forget anything and he followed Kyuhyun, who was carrying both suitcases towards the door. “You’re a terrible slave, did you know that?” He asked as he closed the door of Kyuhyun’s apartment and walked into the elevator with the taller.

 

“You always change it, every day,” Kyuhyun laughed. “Sometimes I’m a good slave, sometimes I’m not, I won’t care about t anymore.”

 

Hyukjae pouted and hit Kyuhyun’s shoulders. “Terrible slave, that’s the last one,” he said, nodding.

 

Kyuhyun laughed and looked at Hyukjae as the doors of the elevator opened for them. “I’m pretty sure you’ll change your mind as soon as you know where we’re going,” he said, chuckling as they went out towards the taxi already waiting for them.

 

“Probably,” Hyukjae grinned childish, jumping into the back seat as the driver placed their suitcases into the trunk.

 

It took them almost an hour to reach the airport and Hyukjae was already whining about how they were taking too long. “Don’t worry, I have everything prepared for you to not get sick again,” Kyuhyun promised as they registered their luggage and walked to the security bars.

 

“I don’t get sick so easily, Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae defended himself as he took off everything metal-like he was wearing. “I just get tired…”

 

“Doesn’t matter,” Kyuhyun said, chuckling as he passed by the bars and waited for the security guard to check on him again.

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and did the same. After just a minute, they were putting on their own stuff again, walking to their gate. “I still don’t know where we’re going,” Hyukjae complained as he tried to read what the schedule said to find out where they were going.

 

Kyuhyun laughed and covered Hyukjae’s eyes, pulling him close by the waist to guide him. “And you won’t know until we’re there, hopefully,” he said. “Or when we’re in the plane because the pilot will probably announce it.”

 

Hyukjae pouted but let Kyuhyun guide him blindly anyway. He sighed as he leaned against Kyuhyun’s body. “How long do we have to wait?” he asked and Kyuhyun smiled, even when Hyukjae couldn’t see it.

 

“Not too long, I promise,” Kyuhyun said as he guided Hyukjae to sit on the waiting room. “I’ll buy you something to eat, what would you like?”

 

Hyukjae sighed. “I don’t want anything,” he said. “I’m not hungry.”

 

“I don’t care,” Kyuhyun chuckled and stood up, finally allowing Hyukjae to see. “I’ll bring you some water, you need it at least,” he smiled and ruffled Hyukjae’s hair, pointing to the airport’s store. “I’ll be back in a minute, no cheating.”

 

Hyukjae sighed and smiled up at Kyuhyun, nodding. “Hurry up,” he said.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Tanzania?!” Hyukjae nearly screamed, squealing as he turned towards Kyuhyun. “Oh my god Kyuhyun! It’s going to be amazing!”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly and nodded as he reached closer to buckle Hyukjae’s seat belt. “Calm down squirrel, the plane will go up any second, you need to stay still and quiet.”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely, sitting back again without being able to contain his happiness. He reached for Kyuhyun’s hand and held it tightly.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, holding Hyukjae’s hand back and giving it a gentle squeeze. “You’re cute,” he said, though he was sure Hyukjae wasn’t listening to him because the latter was so excited he wasn’t paying attention to anything.

 

The plane took off and Hyukjae’s grin grew impossibly wider. Kyuhyun took his camera up and took a picture of the smaller. As soon as they were allowed to move and stand again, Kyuhyun turned towards Hyukjae and took the oxygen mask. “You need to wear this, Hyuk,” he said.

 

Hyukjae pouted and shook his head. “I’m fine…,” he said, rejecting the mask and pushing Kyuhyun’s hand away.

 

“You’re fine now, but we’ll be up here for eighteen hours, so I’m not taking any risks,” Kyuhyun said, putting the mask on even when Hyukjae was glaring at him.

 

It took Hyukjae two hours for him to fall asleep, wearing the mask and resting his head against Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

 

Kyuhyun passed his arm around Hyukjae’s shoulder, hugging him gently as he looked at the other. He looked down at how Hyukjae was holding his hand with both of his and he smiled, glancing at the other.

 

Hours passed and it wasn’t too long for Kyuhyun to also fall asleep, waking up when he felt Hyukjae stir out from his sleep as well. “Kyu…,” Hyukjae pouted and rubbed his eyes, looking up at Kyuhyun. “Can I take the mask off?” he asked, pointing the mask.

 

“Just for a while,” Kyuhyun said, chuckling as he saw Hyukjae grinning widely and taking off the mask that covered his mouth and nose, sighing out softly.

 

“You may think I’m weak, but I’m not,” Hyukjae said as he rested against Kyuhyun’s chest again, closing his eyes comfortably. “I’m actually pretty strong, you would be surprised.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, squeezing Hyukjae’s body gently. “Alright, I believe you,” he said softly, smiling as he saw Hyukjae playing with his fingers slowly. “But I’m still not taking risks.”

 

“Whatever,” Hyukjae mumbled, closing his eyes again. “I’m hungry…,” he sighed out after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

 

Kyuhyun hummed and looked up carefully, nodding at the air stewardess to come. “What would you like?” Kyuhyun asked gently before the stewardess asked as well.

 

Hyukjae turned his body slightly and grinned widely at the different snacks presented. He pursed his lips in concentration and pointed a few things that the woman took no time in handing to him.

 

After Hyukjae had all the snacks he needed, he came back to his previous position of resting against Kyuhyun’s shoulder, opening a bag of chips. “Have some, slave,” he said as he fed Kyuhyun slowly.

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly and ate. “What a kind master,” he chuckled, looking down at Hyukjae as the other ate slowly.

 

“I know, you’re so lucky to have me,” Hyukjae grinned widely, feeding Kyuhyun again. “And I even pay you.”

 

“You pay me a fortune every month,” Kyuhyun sighed.

 

“Yeah, but you spend it on taking me out on trips,” Hyukjae grinned. “It is worth every won.”

 

“And you also get to be by my side,” Kyuhyun laughed softly. “That must be the best part.”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and ate another chip, looking up at Kyuhyun. “You must be kidding,” he said. “I’m the best part of this relationship. I’m the master.”

 

“You wouldn’t be a master if you didn’t have a slave,” Kyuhyun retorted, grinning widely. “So basically, I’m the most important part in this relationship.”

 

Hyukjae frowned, poking Kyuhyun’s abdomen. “Shut up, slave, and stay quiet so I can sleep,” he said as he finally finished the pack of chips, handing the empty bag to Kyuhyun. “Take care of this.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and took the bag, placing it in the small bag he was given before and sitting back to hold Hyukjae’s gently. “The mask, Hyuk, you need to wear it if you’re going to sleep again. I’ll wake you up when the food comes.”

 

Hyukjae sighed. “I thought you wouldn’t remember,” he said but reached his hand towards the mask anyway, not fighting against it. “And I don’t think I’ll sleep, I’m not tired, I’m just bored…”

 

“Do you want to watch a movie, then?” Kyuhyun asked and Hyukjae grinned widely, nodding his head.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Hyukjae was incredibly happy as soon as they stepped down the plane and Kyuhyun had to hold his hand firmly for the other to not go away from him. It was a hard task, mainly, because Hyukjae didn’t care much about their luggage and just went around the airport while Kyuhyun followed him carefully, dragging the suitcases with him.

 

As soon as he convinced Hyukjae to go up the taxi, the smaller nodded eagerly and was like a small puppy looking through the window.

 

It was late already, so there was nothing much to see, but Hyukjae was equally fascinated with the street lights.

 

As soon as they reached the hotel, Hyukjae insisted in going out to take a tour and Kyuhyun had to convince him to just take a shower and sleep for a while. “We’ll go out tomorrow, I promise,” Kyuhyun said, taking Hyukjae’s hand and taking him to their designated room, finally leaving the luggage to the button boy.

 

“Fine…,” Hyukjae finally sighed as they went up their floor, stepping on the hall and then walking to their room.

 

They showered and went to bed, too tired and exhausted from the trip as to argue about what to do later. Even when there were two beds in the room, they slept together in one and none of them questioned their decisions.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•