Ch. [06]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Seriously, why is he like this? I’ve been coming for a whole week and he still asks my name, every ing time,” Kyuhyun complained as he stepped into Hyukjae’s apartment, making the other laugh softly.

 

“But he’s the reason I live in this building, I like him,” Hyukjae said as they walked to the living room, grinning widely.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and gave him a disapproving look, shaking his head. “I’m seriously judging your taste in men, really.”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly at Kyuhyun’s expression. “It’s not like that!” he exclaimed rolling his eyes. “He’s nice to me and I think I’m safe if he’s there waiting to see who comes in and goes out,” he said and nodded. “Also, he’s one of my best friends.”

 

“One of your best friends?” Kyuhyun asked raising his eyebrow. “You barely talk to the man, I’ve been with you the entire day since a whole week and I’ve never seen you sharing more than simple words,” he said and stopped his ramblings when he realized what Hyukjae meant. “You really have no friends for that man to be your best friend?” he asked, and he didn’t want to sound so sad, but he couldn’t help it, thinking of the kind of life that Hyukjae had.

 

Hyukjae bit his lower lip and looked away embarrassed, nodding slowly. “But it’s ok, we don’t need friends, right?” he chuckled softly. “Let’s just enjoy life!” he grinned widely.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and nodded, giving up on the topic before patting his head. “You had one sad life before me,” he said, shaking his head and sighing dramatically. “But don’t worry, I’ll make sure to make it a little happier. You’ll smile every time you see this handsome face.”

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes, prying Kyuhyun’s hand away from him. “Kyuhyun, you should be all nervous, you have a date tonight.”

 

“Yes, but I know it’s going to go well,” Kyuhyun said grinning widely. “Nothing can go wrong with me.”

 

Hyukjae stopped for a few seconds and looked at Kyuhyun, sighing softly and leaning closer to give a gentle pat on his shoulder. “I really don’t know what to do with your arrogance anymore,” he said as he shook his head for himself.

 

Kyuhyun laughed, looking at Hyukjae before leaning closer. “I bet you like my arrogance,” he said and winked at him, making Hyukjae laughs as well.

 

“You wish,” Hyukjae retorted and lifted his both arms. “I’m sleepy, take me to the bed.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and hummed, sliding his hand behind Hyukjae’s knees and the other on hid back to carry him up, chuckling as Hyukjae quickly wrapped his arms around his shoulders for support. “I’m not sure if you’re indeed tired or just plainly lazy,” he said as he walked through the luxurious apartment to reach the main room.

 

It was huge, with a big bed and a wall of glass that let Kyuhyun see the whole city under his feet. He chuckled at the thought, rich people maybe thought about that. “Shut up,” Hyukjae chuckled lowly, but Kyuhyun noticed he was sweating slightly, even when it was cold inside the apartment.

 

Kyuhyun frowned, walking to the bed and letting Hyukjae down, attaching his hand to the other’s forehead almost instantly. “Hyukjae, you have a fever,” he said serious, almost glaring at the smaller man.

 

Hyukjae chuckled and shook his head, looking up at Kyuhyun. “I don’t,” he said confidently. “It’s just that I’m so hot, I’m melting,” he grinned widely, happy for his joke.

 

Kyuhyun couldn’t help himself but laugh, flicking Hyukjae’s forehead. “I was being serious, you idiot.”

 

“And I was being Kyuhyun-ish,” Hyukjae said, letting out a soft laugh. “As conceited as you, see?”

 

Kyuhyun laughed again, shaking his head. “You have issues,” he said as he stood up. “I’ll get you something cold, I think fever is affecting you already.”

 

Hyukjae sat up and rolled his eyes, reaching for Kyuhyun’s hand and shaking his head. “I’m fine, I don’t feel bad,” he said with a reassuring smile. “I just need to sleep a few hours and then you can take me to eat something delicious, before your date,” he said grinning widely.

 

Kyuhyun hesitated for a few seconds but chuckled at the end, nodding as he crawled up on the bed, staying by Hyukjae’s side. “Alright, but you pay,” he said and closed his eyes.

 

Hyukjae laughed and hummed, snuggling comfortably in the blankets of his bed. “Let’s do something amazing tomorrow,” Hyukjae proposed as he closed his eyes, almost mumbling incoherently, laying on his side, facing Kyuhyun.

 

The taller male turned his head to look at Hyukjae, even if the other wasn’t looking at him. “I’ll take you somewhere nice tomorrow, alright?”

 

Hyukjae smiled, half asleep as he nodded slightly. “You better do.”

 

“That’s my job, of course I will,” Kyuhyun chuckled and looked how a smile grew wide on Hyukjae’s lips.

 

“That’s damn right,” Hyukjae laughed for himself before smiling softly, slowly falling asleep.

 

Kyuhyun swore Hyukjae slept in less than five seconds that day and watching him sleep so peacefully made him want to do the same. “Just a few hours, anyway,” he said, closing his eyes and fixing himself comfortably, sighing softly before falling asleep.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“HYUKJAE, WAKE UP!”

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes abruptly, jumping on the bed as he let out a girly scream of surprise, making Kyuhyun look at him weirdly before laughing loudly at him. He blushed softly in embarrassment. “It wasn’t me…,” he mumbled shyly, covering his face as he felt it heating up.

 

“Hahahaha! Hyukjae! That was so girly!” Kyuhyun laughed loudly, almost being unable to speak, sitting on the bed as he slapped his own forehead, shaking his head softly, keeping on laughing.

 

Hyukjae pouted and glared at Kyuhyun, holding a pillow up to throw it to his face. “Shut up, Kyuhyun!” he exclaimed still embarrassed.

 

“I just cannot with you,” Kyuhyun said as he laughed louder when the pillow hit his face, holding it and throwing it back at Hyukjae. “I was being nice waking you up because-” Kyuhyun stopped laughing, gasping loudly. “- Hyukjae! My date-”

 

“Ha!” Hyukjae mocked, pointing at Kyuhyun. “Karma!”

 

Kyuhyun groaned, standing up quickly. “Come on, it’s six already, we need to reach there in an hour,” he said as he threw his car keys to Hyukjae. “Go get my suit, I’ll take a shower.”

 

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow, only looking at the keys on the bed. “Seriously, Kyuhyun, you have an hour, calm down,” he said and grabbed the keys, climbing down the bed. “Your world won’t end if you’re late for a few minutes, she’ll be late for like an hour as well.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Quickly,” he ordered and Hyukjae scoffed.

 

“And I’m your boss,” Hyukjae retorted. “I’m not supposed to go get your suit,” he mumbled as he made his way to the door.

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly. “You’re a nice boss,” he said as he took off his shirt.

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and turned towards Kyuhyun, blushing deeply before turning around. “You idiot! Why do you want a bathroom if you’re undressing in my room?!”

 

Kyuhyun turned towards Hyukjae, chuckling as he saw how Hyukjae was looking everywhere but him and he grinned widely, walking towards the other until they were merely inches apart. “Awwn~ my boss is shy,” he chanted, smirking slightly. “How cute,” he chuckled before leaning closer to whisper lowly in Hyukjae’s ear. “And tempting.”

 

Hyukjae blushed even more, turning around just slightly to glare at Kyuhyun, his lips pursed tightly as he tried to act calm, not daring his eyes to go down Kyuhyun’s body. “Shut up Kyuhyun, you seem to forget you have a date,” he said and Kyuhyun gasped.

 

“,” Kyuhyun groaned as he stepped away, quickly taking off his watch and belt.

 

“Stop stripping in front of me you ert!” Hyukjae exclaimed, groaning loudly in annoyance before going out the room, pouting as he heard Kyuhyun laughing at his shyness.

 

It’s not as if Hyukjae was really shy about human anatomy. It was more like he had only seen one man in his entire life and he wasn’t mentally ready to see another one.

 

He came back when Kyuhyun was just stepping out from the bathroom and he groaned. “Kyuhyun, seriously, why do you like not wearing clothes?”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and walked to him, the bathrobe wrapped around his body comfortably. “It’s not like that. But I feel comfortable around you,” he said as he took the suit from Hyukjae’s hands.

 

“What terrible mistake did I commit in this relationship for you to think about me like that?” Hyukjae asked, walking to sit at the edge of the bed.

 

“I don’t know either,” Kyuhyun laughed softly, walking into the bathroom to change into his nice suit. “But hey! Isn’t it nice to have such a good friend as me?!” he screamed from the bathroom.

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “Personal assistant,” he corrected and said nothing, just looking around before grabbing his phone, gasping as he saw the hour. “Kyuhyun! It’s already seven, What are you doing?!” he screamed, panicking already.

 

It took Kyuhyun one second to go out from the bathroom, untucked shirt and belt undone, no tie and no jacket. “Let’s go!” He ordered as he held the rest of his clothes and pulled Hyukjae out. “, , , we’re late,” he chanted as they made their way down the main floor.

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun, reaching out to hold his things instead. “Fix your belt Kyuhyun!” he ordered as the elevator took them down and Kyuhyun groaned, undoing his pants to tuck his shirt, making Hyukjae gasp and look away embarrassed again.

 

The doors opened when Kyuhyun buttoned his pants, his belt still pending. “Hurry!” Kyuhyun ordered, running to the entrance as he pulled Hyukjae’s hand with him.

 

They reached Kyuhyun’s car and quickly drove off, his belt and tie still undone. “Red light!” Hyukjae exclaimed and Kyuhyun stopped, quickly turning towards Hyukjae so the smaller man helped him with the tie hurriedly. “Ok done!” Hyukjae exclaimed as he saw his nice work, looking to the front as the light changed to green.

 

Another red light and Kyuhyun did his belt, lifting his hips to help himself and buckling it comfortably.

 

It took them only ten minutes to reach the restaurant and Kyuhyun stopped, quickly taking his belt off. “I have my cell phone, my wallet and my nice face, what am I missing?” Kyuhyun asked, turning towards Hyukjae.

 

“Your hair is a mess,” Hyukjae said and reached his hands up, combing it nicely with his fingers, nodding for himself after a minute. “Now you look slightly better.”

 

“I know you think of me as really handsome in the inside,” Kyuhyun grinned.

 

“Go away Kyuhyun, you’re like fifteen minutes late and you’re here teasing me,” Hyukjae scolded, throwing Kyuhyun’s jacket to the other’s face. “Have fun.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and nodded, giving Hyukjae the keys. “Call me if you need anything, I’ll come as soon as my boss asks me to.”

 

Hyukjae chuckled. “Go already,” he urged, waving with his hands.

 

Kyuhyun laughed and nodded, looking at Hyukjae one last time before going out from the car, putting on his jacket and fixing himself nicely, closing the door of the car to go towards the restaurant while Hyukjae changed to the driver’s seat and drove off to park the car instead of staying in the front entrance.

 

Hyukjae sighed deeply as he finally parked the car and closed his eyes, smiling as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

He jumped up in his dream as he heard his phone and he took it quickly, confused and sleepy taking it to his ear. “Yes?” he asked huskily.

 

“Hyukjae, are you alright?” Kyuhyun asked from the other line. “I’m done already, where are you?”

 

Hyukjae sat up, squinting his eyes as he looked around. “Did she leave already?” he asked. “Or are you taking her home?”

 

“She said she had something else to do and really, I think you should start choosing better matches for me,” Kyuhyun said. “Where are you?” He asked again.

 

“Oh?” Hyukjae asked confused. “Ah, just a block to the right, wait, I’ll turn the lights on,” he said as he reached for the lights and turned them on.

 

“Ah, I see you, I’ll be there in a second,” Kyuhyun said and it was real, because it didn’t take too long for him to jump into the car, sighing deeply and closing his eyes against the seat. “So tiring.”

 

Hyukjae pouted. “You didn’t like her?” he asked.

 

Kyuhyun groaned and shook his head. “She was talking about his ex all the time, it’s horrible,” he said and Hyukjae sighed, reaching for his address book and opening it in the first page.

 

“One less, then,” Hyukjae said as he scratched the name. “When should I arrange the next one?”

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes and turned his head towards Hyukjae, sighing deeply.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•