Ch. [24]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes slowly, pouting slightly as the light made him feel dizzy for a second and he stretched his hands. It took him a minute to realize he was alone in that bed and he gasped, feeling his heartbeat increase almost immediately and sitting up panicked. “Kyuhyun?!” he called, looking around the small room and kicking the blanket off his body to stand up. “Kyu-”

 

“I’m here, calm down,” Kyuhyun said as he crawled up the house, carrying a small lunch box with him. “I went to get you breakfast.”

 

Hyukjae pressed his lips together and glared at Kyuhyun. “You idiot,” he groaned. “I thought you were taken away by a predator or something and you were eaten…”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly and sat down on the bed, pulling Hyukjae down to sit by his side before leaning closer to brush his lips against Hyukjae’s temple. “It’s cute, that you worry so much for me.”

 

“Well, I would have to get a new slave if you die,” Hyukjae sighed before looking at Kyuhyun and smile softly, reaching for the box. “What is it?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and looked down at the box, opening it. “Dhambizao gave it to me, just some fruit.”

 

Hyukjae grinned and nodded, holding a piece of mango to his lips. “I’m still sleepy.”

 

“That’s exactly the reason as of why I insisted so much in you sleeping,” Kyuhyun said, giving Hyukjae a scolding glare.

 

Hyukjae frowned and punched Kyuhyun’s shoulder softly. “Shut up, I slept when you told me so.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly. They ate all the food, or more like Kyuhyun stuffed it into Hyukjae’s mouth before arranging their things to go to their next destination.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“The, what?” Hyukjae raised his eyebrow as he heard the name of the next destination.

 

“The Devil’s Pool,” Abasi said again, nodding for himself.

 

Hyukjae coughed and shook his head. “No, I am so not going to a place with the name ‘Devil’ in it,” he said, waving his hands in front of his body to make his point before pointing at Kyuhyun. “I already have something evil by my side, I don’t need more.”

 

“Yah-,” Kyuhyun frowned and pushed Hyukjae’s finger from pointing at him. “I’m not evil.”

 

“You are,” Hyukjae said and glared at the other.

 

“You’ll go either way,” Kyuhyun chuckled and made himself comfortable against the seat. “Now sit down, be pretty and enjoy the trip, it’s going to take a while.”

 

Hyukjae pouted as he was pulled down again and he hit Kyuhyun’s sides gently before mumbling lowly just how bad of a slave Kyuhyun was.

 

The trip lasted more than Kyuhyun had ever thought and Hyukjae took the advantage to sleep against Kyuhyun’s shoulder, not complaining anymore because he wouldn’t be listened anyway.

 

Kyuhyun just held Hyukjae’s body firmly and talked to Abasi and Dhambizao about the place and its wonders and how he imagined the new destination until he saw pictures in internet.

 

They couldn’t continue the trip in the jeep so they went down and took out their things to continue by walking. Kyuhyun didn’t want to wake up Hyukjae just yet, fully knowing the latter was still tired from everything and he just took him up, carrying him all the way to the new destination.

 

It only took them a few minutes to reach the top of a mountain and Kyuhyun could hear the water splash already. There were people already in there but it wasn’t crowded at all and he squatted down, gently resting Hyukjae on his knees and thighs as he took his hand up and shook his shoulder gently. “Hyuk,” he called. “Hyukjae…”

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes slightly and smiled as he saw Kyuhyun in front of him.

 

“We’re here,” Kyuhyun announced, nodding towards the water body in front of them.

 

“Really?” Hyukjae asked, letting Kyuhyun take him down and finally looking up, gasping in awe as he quickly held onto Kyuhyun’s hand. “I-It’s… scary…”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and hummed, holding Hyukjae’s waist firmly. “But isn’t it majestic?” he asked.

 

Hyukjae nodded, grinning widely. “It really is,” he said. “It’s like… the end of the world… with water.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed at Hyukjae’s description. The Devil’s pool was a natural small lake at the top of a mountain. The water was all accumulated there before it went down in one of the biggest waterfalls. Though it was dangerous, the water was nice and the flow wasn’t strong enough to take anyone down the waterfall.

 

“Let’s get in,” Kyuhyun suggested, turning to look at Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae gasped and looked up at Kyuhyun. “You must be joking.”

 

Kyuhyun grinned widely. “Nope.”

 

“KYUHYUN WAIT! NO! BAD SLAVE!” Hyukjae screamed, hitting Kyuhyun’s chest as the taller carried him up and stood on the edge of the pool. “KYUHYUN! DON’T YOU DARE AGAIN!”

 

Kyuhyun laughed, holding Hyukjae firmly before stepping back and run back into the water, laughing loudly at Hyukjae’s loud scream of fear.

 

They went in and Hyukjae could only hold air into his mouth, opening his eyes as they were under the clean and transparent water and he couldn’t help but be mesmerized at the way Kyuhyun was looking at him tenderly. He felt his cheeks flush and he thanked the cold water to cover it up for him.

 

They went up the surface and Hyukjae panted, finally breathing as Kyuhyun laughed at him. “You’re so cute,” the taller commented, not letting go of Hyukjae because he didn’t want to take any risks.

 

Hyukjae hit his chest and shook his head. “Not funny, slave,” he scolded.

 

Kyuhyun laughed and nodded, grinning childishly before letting go of Hyukjae slowly, still holding him by the waist securely as he pointed at the edge of the pool. “Let’s go to the end of the world,” he mocked. “With water.”

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and splashed water all over Kyuhyun’s face. “Not a chance, Kyuhyun.”

 

Kyuhyun grinned and held Hyukjae’s body firmly, guiding them towards the edge even when Hyukjae complained and told him he was going to get fired after this. “I hardly think so,” he said as they were reaching the edge.

 

“I don’t like you, Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae said, biting his lip nervously as they reached the edge. “Not at all.”

 

Kyuhyun hummed, ignoring the comment before sitting almost at the edge, pulling Hyukjae by his side and pointing at the great and beautiful sight in front of them. “Look, Hyukjae, what you wanted to avoid so much,” he said and as soon as Hyukjae looked up, he gasped.

 

It was beautiful. For a few minutes, Hyukjae forgot they were just a meter to die and grinned widely, pointing at the cliffs all over the place. “Look! There are also waterfalls there!”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and hummed, nodding his head slowly. “It’s beautiful, right?” he said, grinning widely.

 

Hyukjae nodded and grinned, taking Kyuhyun’s hand before leaning in closer to look how far away they were from the next stop only if they slipped. “I think we would easily die in here,” he said.

 

Kyuhyun looked down. “Probably,” he chuckled and held Hyukjae’s hand firmly. “Do you want to try?”

 

“No!” Hyukjae exclaimed quickly, backing away and hitting Kyuhyun’s shoulder with his free hand. “I don’t want to die just yet.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and nodded. “We also have a lot of things to do in the future, it would be a pity to die now.”

 

Hyukjae smiled and nodded, finally sitting comfortably. “Do you have plans already?”

 

Kyuhyun grinned widely, shaking his head. “It’s been a while since the last time I had plans for us, Hyukjae, I just do whatever comes into my mind at the moment,” he smiled. “Like a series of impulsive decisions.”

 

“Well, your impulsive decisions are working greatly,” Hyukjae said, pointing at the area where they could swim comfortably. “Let’s go there before I start to panic about dying here.”

 

Kyuhyun hummed and slowly dragged Hyukjae to the area where the flood was relatively absent and he laughed because Hyukjae was suddenly squealing in terror. “Calm down, it’s only a fish.”

 

“Kyuhyun! I think it bit me!” Hyukjae exclaimed in horror.

 

“Why would they? You’re skinny, there’s nothing much to bite,” Kyuhyun commented, hugging Hyukjae’s waist as the later leaned against his body.

 

Hyukjae looked up and glared at the taller male, frowning and pressing his lips together. “You would be surprised of how many fishes want my meat, Kyuhyun.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and nodded. “I wouldn’t, actually,” he said, taking away the wet strands of hair that stick stubbornly on Hyukjae’s forehead. “I think there’s a fair amount behind you.”

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun confused. “And I’m not skinny, I’m thin.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “Whatever you are, you’re still cute.”

 

“Obviously,” Hyukjae grinned widely, jumping up as he felt something go through their feet. “Alright, that’s it, I’m not risking my life with these fishes, let’s go out already.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and nodded, holding Hyukjae firmly before going out from the water, pulling Hyukjae up with him.

 

They were given towels and they changed their clothes before walking down. Though Hyukjae was still amazed since he had no idea how he arrived there. “Wow, you carried me all the way there?”

 

Kyuhyun nodded, holding Hyukjae’s hand firmly. “We could say I carried you to the end of the world.”

 

Hyukjae pouted and frowned, punching Kyuhyun’s arm. “Shut up already,” he said before turning forward and mumble a soft ‘ungrateful slave’ under his breath.

 

The way back Hyukjae didn’t sleep at all. He kept talking about how the fishes wanted to eat him and how Kyuhyun was a bad slave. “I’ll fire him later,” he said and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, flicking Hyukjae’s forehead.

 

“You can’t,” Kyuhyun grinned. “There’s a beautiful contract signed by you and me.”

 

“Yah-,” Hyukjae rubbed his forehead and glared at Kyuhyun. “So mean to your master.”

 

“My master is mean ever since the beginning,” Kyuhyun said.

 

Hyukjae gasped, faking surprise. “How can you think that way?”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Hyukjae, what gave you so much energy?”

 

Hyukjae grinned. “My slave forced me into cold water, who wouldn’t wake up like that?”

 

“Right,” Kyuhyun chuckled, sliding his arm around Hyukjae’s shoulder to pull the smaller closer. “We’re almost there,” he announced.

 

Hyukjae smiled, already looking the lights of the city. “Do you know what time is it?”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae. “Time doesn’t matter, Hyukjae.”

 

“I know,” Hyukjae chuckled, resting his head against Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “But I want to know…”

 

Kyuhyun looked at his watch. “Almost ten o’clock.”

 

Hyukjae nodded and hummed. “Almost time for me to sleep.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Almost.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Dhambizao gave the camera back and Kyuhyun chuckled as he went through the pictures one by one. “Are those the pictures?” Hyukjae grinned widely, stepping out from the shower and running to lay by Kyuhyun’s side on the bed, grinning widely as he rested his head over the taller’s shoulder and looked at the pictures in the small screen.

 

“He didn’t miss a thing,” Kyuhyun commented, chuckling as he saw them together in most of the pictures. They didn’t even remember when they were taken but they were thankful because they all came out really well. “Look, you look cute in here,” he pointed at the picture and Hyukjae rolled his eyes.

 

“I had fun dancing,” Hyukjae said, smiling widely when he saw the next picture of the two of them, holding their hands as they looked at each other. “You’re actually really handsome.”

 

“I can’t believe you just noticed,” Kyuhyun laughed softly.

 

After going through all the pictures, Kyuhyun left the camera aside and as soon as he turned to say something to Hyukjae, he noticed the latter had fallen asleep already. He chuckled softly and covered their bodies with the blanket. “Good night, Hyukjae,” he whispered before turning the lamp off and closing his eyes, falling asleep almost immediately.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

A/N: Though the Devil’s Pool does exist, it’s not exactly near Tanzania so it might as well be a little confusing, I just wrote it with entertaining purposes- xD