Ch. [25]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“I don’t want to leave…,” Hyukjae said as he saw Kyuhyun arranging their belongings.

 

“We’ve been a week here,” Kyuhyun chuckled. “I promise you nice things will come soon,” he said, grinning widely as he closed the suitcases and looked around the room, making sure they didn’t forget anything. “And we won’t leave right now,” he said. “We still have the entire day to go around.”

 

“Yet…,” Hyukjae sighed and sat down on the bed. “It’s like a dream…”

 

“I’ll make sure to make you dream a lot when we get back home,” Kyuhyun said, offering his hand for Hyukjae to take. “Come on, we still have things to do.”

 

Hyukjae smiled softly and looked up at Kyuhyun, letting his smile grow as he took Kyuhyun’s hand and allowed the taller to pull him up and guide him out of the room.

 

Kyuhyun asked for a taxi and it was waiting for them as soon as they were out of the hotel. Hyukjae had really no idea where they were going since Kyuhyun told the driver a direction instead of a destination. “Did you search for directions or someone told you to come here?” Hyukjae asked, looking through the window.

 

“I looked for it,” Kyuhyun said, chuckling softly.

 

“When?” Hyukjae turned to look towards Kyuhyun, raising an eyebrow. “I’m with you almost every second.”

 

“You sleep a lot,” Kyuhyun laughed. “I sometimes slide out of bed to check my phone or computer,” he admitted.

 

Hyukjae frowned. “I never realized…”

 

“Because you sleep heavily, I don’t think a parade would wake you up,” Kyuhyun smiled, grinning widely as they reached their destination. He paid to the driver and went out, pulling Hyukjae along with him.

 

Hyukjae grinned widely. “A market!” he exclaimed happily. “I really wanted to visit one!”

 

Kyuhyun grinned and nodded. “I always thought that if you want to know something about a place, you must visit the market,” he said, pointing at the large and slightly crowded building. “I bought you here early because I didn’t want to get you into trouble.”

 

“Good, I’m not really fond of crowds,” Hyukjae grinned widely, holding Kyuhyun’s hand and dragging him towards the market.

 

There were a lot of small stands that sold a lot of things, most of them, Hyukjae had no idea what they were. He asked some of the sellers but he still had no idea what they meant with that so he gave up and bought a few things he was sure he could get through the airport security.

 

At the end of the day, Kyuhyun was the one carrying bags and bags of different kinds of curiosities of the place. “Look, they sell regional clothes in there,” Kyuhyun grinned and pointed to a store nearly. “Let’s get you something.”

 

As soon as they stepped in, they were welcomed by an old lady that quickly went to look for suitable clothes for the both of them and they ended up having a mini parade for themselves. Hyukjae walked up and modeled the loose clothes around his body, they were so colorful that the red from the shirt contrasted beautifully against his pale skin. “I like these,” Kyuhyun grinned as he took a picture of Hyukjae’s dressing, just like every time the latter went out.

 

“Really?” Hyukjae grinned widely. “Me too.”

 

“We’ll take them!” Kyuhyun grinned and stood up to quickly pay for the clothes.

 

Hyukjae held Kyuhyun’s hand. “Not so fast, mister,” he smiled and pulled Kyuhyun into the dressing room. “Try these!” he ordered as he handed Kyuhyun a bunch of different clothes.

 

Half an hour later, Hyukjae decided the shirt and pants Kyuhyun was wearing was nice enough but he didn’t let Kyuhyun move until he called the owner and asked for her opinion.

 

As soon as they received a thumbs up, Kyuhyun went to pay for the clothes, not bothering in changing into their normal clothes anymore.

 

They went out from the store and sighed tiredly. “Let’s take a picture,” Kyuhyun smiled and lifted his camera up.

 

Hyukjae smiled widely and nodded, posing himself by Kyuhyun’s side to smile at the lens.

 

As soon as the colorful picture was taken, Kyuhyun grabbed Hyukjae’s hand. “Are you tired?” he asked and he looked at Hyukjae, who shook his head. “Do you want to go to the regional museum?”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely. “Yes!”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“That was really interesting,” Kyuhyun said as they walked out and he could see Hyukjae’s already tired face. “I only understood like half of what they said, but that one part was really interesting.”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and nodded. “I didn’t care about the other half either way,” he said and shrugged his shoulders. “It’s getting late already…”

 

Kyuhyun sighed and looked at the sky. The sun was hiding and he knew they would have to come back anytime soon. “Let’s go back to the hotel to pick up our stuff,” he said, holding Hyukjae’s hand before stopping a taxi and opening the door for the smaller to jump in.

 

As soon as they arrived to the hotel, they arranged a new suitcase with everything they bought and got a new taxi that would take them to the airport.

 

“It’s a little sad,” Hyukjae sighed, looking how the city was shining already.

 

“Didn’t you have fun?” Kyuhyun asked, looking at the smaller.

 

“I did,” Hyukjae pouted. “But it was everything so nice…”

 

“I told you I would get you nice stuff later as well,” Kyuhyun chuckled, ruffling his hair gently. “Come on, we’re here.”

 

Hyukjae sighed and nodded, going out from the taxi and waving goodbye to the driver as they walked in, followed by a young man that carried their luggage.

 

It was until two hours later, that they were finally in the plane and Hyukjae rested his head against Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “I’m so sleepy…,” he sighed out.

 

“Just stay awake until we take off,” Kyuhyun said. “later you can sleep all you want.”

 

Hyukjae hummed, looking down at the oxygen tank and then up to Kyuhyun who seemed equally tired.

 

After a few minutes, the stewardess ordered to everyone to stay quiet and put on their seat belt because they were about to take off. Kyuhyun made sure Hyukjae was ready before checking on himself and laying back against the seat.

 

They gave the indication that they could stand again and Kyuhyun quickly gave Hyukjae the mask. “So you can sleep,” he said and Hyukjae sighed deeply, nodding and accepting the mask, putting it on and resting his head against Kyuhyun’s chest again, looking through the window how they left that amazing country.

 

“I’ll miss it,” Hyukjae mumbled.

 

“Me too,” Kyuhyun said, hugging Hyukjae’s shoulders gently.

 

Hyukjae closed his eyes and nodded slowly, already falling asleep.

 

He didn’t wake up until eight hours later and it was because he was hungry and he wanted Kyuhyun to feed him.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun was truly exhausted but he made sure to carry Hyukjae up firmly. He asked the taxi driver to please take out their luggage and put it in the lobby of Hyukjae’s building. His was way too far from the airport and he didn’t think he had enough strength to wait until they reached there.

 

“Name,” Kyuhyun groaned loudly.

 

“Seriously, I’m carrying Hyukjae, what else do you need?” Kyuhyun complained.

 

“Name,” the man repeated boringly.

 

Kyuhyun sighed. “Kyuhyun,” he said. “Cho Kyuhyun,” he added before he was asked again.

 

“10th floor, apartment 2,” the man said and Kyuhyun hummed, walking to the elevator and stepping in, using his nose to press the number ten and resting against the wall as he waited patiently for the doors to open again. He looked at Hyukjae’s sleeping face and smiled softly.

 

Of course Kyuhyun was tired, he just traveled eighteen hours and he was jet lagged… but he was glad. He was happy because he had had a great time by hyukjae’s side and he didn’t regret a second of it.

 

His eyes landed on Hyukjae’s lips and he his own. How much he wanted to kiss him again. He had wanted to try but they were either too tired or too excited and he didn’t find the moment.

 

He couldn’t also just go around kissing Hyukjae without confessing he liked the smaller first. He had to plan something nice for the other.

 

The doors of the elevator opened and Kyuhyun sighed softly, walking through the hall to reach Hyukjae’s door and pressing the code with his elbow, grinning widely as the door opened.

 

He stood inside and looked around. It had been months since the last time he was there, but it was still neat and comfortable. He walked to the bedroom and let Hyukjae down on the bed, taking out his belt and jacket carefully, trying his best so Hyukjae wouldn’t wake up. The shoes and socks were next and he just tossed them to the floor. He was going to make sure to clean the next day.

 

Kyuhyun covered Hyukjae’s body gently with the blankets and made sure the latter was comfortable before coming out again to get their luggage.

 

That night, Kyuhyun couldn’t be happier that elevators existed.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun woke up slowly, groaning lowly as he opened his eyes slightly and looked at Hyukjae, still sleeping peacefully by his side. He looked to his watch and realized it was eight at night. He was so jet lagged that he was sure he would have problems for at least three days.

 

He closed his eyes again and tried to reach for Hyukjae, but the latter was far from him on the big bed and he groaned in annoyance, giving up because his body was so dumb and tired that didn’t listened to his orders.

 

It didn’t take long for Kyuhyun to sleep again.

 

“Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae called gently, shaking Kyuhyun’s body slightly and sighing softly when he realized Kyuhyun wouldn’t wake up anytime soon.

 

He stood up and looked for his cell phone, realizing he had a new message from last night. He opened it and gasped softly. Kyuhyun has a date tonight. He bit his lower lip and looked at the sleeping figure, smiling as he remembered their kiss back in that tree house.

 

I’ll cancel it. Hyukjae thought as he started typing. No… Hyukjae looked at his cell phone sadly. “Yoona is a really nice girl…,” he said lowly, sighing softly. And Kyuhyun doesn’t deserve what I’m doing…

 

He closed his eyes for a few seconds, feeling his head pounding softly and shaking his head, deleting what he had typed before and typing a new message. ‘Don’t worry, he’ll be there for sure. He’s really excited to meet you.’

 

The reply came in a few minutes and Hyukjae smiled bitterly as he saw it. ‘I can’t wait. Will you also come?’

 

Hyukjae took his fingertips to his lips and closed his eyes. What if Kyuhyun really liked him? Even if he does… He groaned lowly, opening his eyes and mentally scolding his own mind, typing the last reply. ‘I’ll be busy, and I don’t want to be the third wheel. You’ll have fun, I’ll make sure he dress nicely for you!’

 

He didn’t wait for the reply, though he heard his phone buzzing and he went back to the bed, looking at Kyuhyun before breathing in and out deeply, taking a pillow and smiling tenderly before hitting Kyuhyun’s body with it. “YAH KYUHYUN!”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•