Ch. [13]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun sighed deeply, tapping his fingers on the table bored.

 

He tried watching TV and playing video games, but it became too boring after a few minutes so he turned everything off and sat down on his table, looking at Duck playing happily with a toy he had bought before. “Do I seriously have nothing to do?” He asked himself as he looked around, groaning as he realized it was indeed like that.

 

It took Kyuhyun almost an hour to stand up and decide he had to do something before dying out of boredom. “Come on Duck, let’s go walk around,” he called and the dog quickly let go of the toy to follow Kyuhyun, moving its tail from side to side happily, looking up at Kyuhyun.

 

“How can you be so happy?” Kyuhyun groaned and opened the door of his apartment, going out from it with the dog following him by his side diligently. “Ah, you probably think we’ll go to Hyukjae’s house,” he laughed. “What an idiot,” he shook his head and went down the elevator.

 

Kyuhyun walked through the park, with Duck following him lazily. He sighed and looked at his cell phone, it was barely two in the afternoon and he had no idea what he was going to do for the rest of the day so he sat down in a bench, holding a small ball he had bought and throwing it to Duck so it could go and get it.

 

For a while, Kyuhyun wasn’t even paying attention to anything but his cell phone. He wanted to see if Hyukjae suddenly decided to send a text or maybe a call but as much as he looked at it, Hyukjae didn’t seem to remember him at all. “Seriously, I’ve been with him for two weeks and he doesn’t even miss me?” He asked himself as he grabbed the ball from the muzzle that gave it to him and threw it again carelessly, groaning as he looked at Hyukjae’s cheesy picture on his phone.

 

He thought of calling Hyukjae instead, telling him something like Duck wasn’t accepted in his building so he went to give it to him but then again, it was too lame and he had pride. “Whatever, it’s my day off, I’ll enjoy it,” he nodded for himself, finally looking up when the dog brought the ball.

 

It was until that moment that Kyuhyun realized he wasn’t playing with his dog. He was playing with the entire neighborhood of dogs that were all sitting in front of him, waiting for him to throw the ball to go get it.

 

Kyuhyun looked around and cleared his throat, throwing the ball as far as he could and watching how all the dogs went behind it, Duck included.

 

When he looked up to see the faces of everyone passing by, he just dedicated them awkward smiles, waiting for one of the dogs to bring back the ball.

 

A Chihuahua was the one winning that time and Kyuhyun took the ball, throwing it again before calling for Duck, who obviously was too excited as to even try to hear Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun had to think on a plan B to leave the park since calling Duck was off limits. He sighed deeply as he took the ball from a bulldog and pretended to throw it. Some ran after it but Kyuhyun had not time to notice it as he ran away with the ball, hoping Duck would follow him.

 

He decided though, that he was unlucky, because the whole pack of dogs were chasing after him, or the ball, and he was starting to think he would die under paws and muzzles and he had no option but throw the ball away, panting heavily as the whole pack ran after it.

 

He leaned down and breathed heavily, resting his hands on his knees as he looked how everyone was either laughing at him, or pitying his current state.

 

One by one the dogs were leaving with their respective owners and Kyuhyun glared at each one of them. They used me to entertain their dogs. He groaned. It was almost eleven at night when he finally reached his apartment, sighing deeply as he went up the elevator, glaring at Duck for getting him into so much trouble. “It’s all your fault,” he said, because it was easier than accept the fact he was too concerned about Hyukjae.

 

He stepped out from the elevator and walked through the hall to get to his apartment, freezing in his spot when he saw a figure sitting down in front of his door, resting against the wall, knees pressed against his chest, arms wrapped around those knees and head hiding in between. “Hyukjae?” He called, partially worried and partially jumping in happiness.

 

Hyukjae looked up, squinting his eyes for a second before grinning widely. “Kyuhyun! Finally!” he exclaimed, reaching his hands up so Kyuhyun would help him get up.

 

“How long have you been here?” Kyuhyun asked, pulling Hyukjae up before turning to open the door of his apartment.

 

“A few hours,” Hyukjae admitted and quickly leaned down to play with Duck. “How are you little boy?” he squealed with the dog.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and opened the door widely for Hyukjae to come in. “You should have called,” he said as he entered behind the dog and Hyukjae, closing the door behind him and motioning Hyukjae to sit in the living room.

 

“I did, and I sent you texts but you didn’t answer,” Hyukjae pouted, sitting on the couch and grinning widely when Duck jumped up by his side.

 

Kyuhyun gasped and quickly took his phone out, reviewing every missed call and texts that he didn’t notice before. “Anyway, do you need something?” he asked as he sat by Hyukjae’s side.

 

Hyukjae shook his head and looked around, grinning widely. “I think I was just a little bored,” he said and smiled at Kyuhyun. “But resting so much actually helped me get a lot of energy,” he said.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, humming lowly. “Did you eat?” He asked. “Because I didn’t and I know this good night restaurant with great noodles,” he grinned.

 

Hyukjae grinned widely. “What are we waiting for?” he asked as he stood up and held Kyuhyun’s hand, also pulling him up on his feet.

 

Kyuhyun laughed and nodded, grabbing a jacket to wrap it around Hyukjae’s shoulders before going out from his apartment again.

 

It wasn’t planned, but they walked slowly along the streets, laughing at stupid jokes and posing whenever Kyuhyun lifted the camera up to take a picture of both. They walked side by side, Duck in between the both of them until they finally reached a small restaurant.

 

They didn’t allow pets so Duck had to stay out, sitting quietly while waiting for them.

 

It was Kyuhyun the one who ordered for both, mainly, because Hyukjae had no idea what the plates were about and he would probably end up trying something weird. “This place looks cozy,” he said as he looked around, waiting for their order.

 

“I used to come here after work, when I had one, of course” Kyuhyun said and nodded, pointing a wall. “That painting is new though.”

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “You have a job, Kyuhyun,” he said and grinned, pointing at himself. “You’re my personal slave,” he laughed. “I mean, assistant.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and flicked Hyukjae’s forehead. “Not today, it’s my day off,” he said. “So I won’t carry you, or drag you, or wait for you, or anything.”

 

Hyukjae pouted and crossed his arms over his chest. “You’re not a good slave.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “You like me anyways,” he said and winked, grinning widely as their food finally came.

 

“You wish,” Hyukjae said, his face lightening up when the food was finally there, closing his eyes to sniff the delicious smell from it.

 

Kyuhyun simply chuckled, motioning Hyukjae to start eating and the latter did without a second thought. “How did you come to my apartment?” Kyuhyun asked, eating slowly.

 

“I paid a taxi,” Hyukjae said, smiling widely because the food was delicious.

 

“I would think someone as rich as you has at least one car,” Kyuhyun said, raising an eyebrow.

 

“I had some,” Hyukjae chuckled, glancing up at Kyuhyun before looking down. “But I sold them and donated the money to charity.”

 

Kyuhyun gasped. “And now you prefer paying taxis?”

 

Hyukjae chuckled softly and shook his head. “That’s why there’s you,” he said grinning widely. “You take me anywhere I want to go.”

 

“Yeah, but there will be a point in which I won’t,” Kyuhyun said. “And before me…”

 

“I told my cars a day after I met you,” Hyukjae said, chuckling softly. “So I haven’t really been around in taxis so much, calm down.”

 

“But what will happen when I go away and start working for real?” Kyuhyun asked truly worried. “You need a car, or a driver, at least.”

 

“I won’t need one,” Hyukjae sighed and pouted. “Now shut up and let me eat, my food is getting cold because of you…”

 

Kyuhyun groaned. “Why are you even allowed to live alone?”

 

Hyukjae smiled softly and looked down, mumbling lowly. “I’m not,” he said, bringing the noodles to his mouth. “I pay you to be with me because I’m not allowed to live alone.”

 

“Huh?” Kyuhyun asked, not understanding what Hyukjae said. “What was that, again?”

 

Hyukjae looked up and grinned widely. “I was asking you if we could take some of this home.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Of course.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“I’m so full…,” Hyukjae pouted as he waited for Kyuhyun to open his door.

 

“You didn’t eat as much as I expected you to,” Kyuhyun chuckled, pulling Hyukjae into his apartment, making sure Duck was in to close the door finally. “My bed isn’t that big as yours, but you bet it’s comfortable,” he grinned, dragging Hyukjae to his room.

 

“You’ll have to deal with me kicking you at night, then,” Hyukjae laughed, smiling as he entered Kyuhyun’s room, looking around in awe at how neat and clean the place looked. It was warm and there weren’t many things inside the room, but it looked cozy and he thought of it as nicer than his own apartment.

 

“I won’t mind,” Kyuhyun said, walking to his closet to get out loose clothes. “Wear these, they’ll be comfortable for you to sleep with.”

 

Hyukjae smiled and nodded, accepting the clothes that were offered to him before pointing the bathroom’s door. “The bathroom, right?” he asked, wanting to make sure it was indeed.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and nodded and Hyukjae smiled, walking to the bathroom as Duck followed him along. He changed inside while Kyuhyun changed his clothes in the room and he made sure to wait for a few more minutes just to not walk into Kyuhyun half .

 

Peeking from the door, he saw Kyuhyun arranging the bed covers and he went out, feeling even more comfortable with the clothes he was using than his own pajamas. “You have a big window,” Hyukjae commented as he made his way to the glass wall of Kyuhyun’s room, covered with a curtain.

 

“Yours is bigger though,” Kyuhyun said, taking out the pillows to fix them neatly on the bed.

 

“Yes,” Hyukjae mumbled and slid his slim body between the curtain and the glass. “But the view is more beautiful here…”

 

Kyuhyun turned up and laughed softly as he saw the small bulge and he walked to him, also sliding his body to stand by Hyukjae’s side. “Maybe you’re just too used to see the world from so high,” he commented and Hyukjae nodded.

 

It was exactly that. Hyukjae had always had everything he wanted that he didn’t care for anything else. But now, he can see how much he missed. He could see how life was in reality. He could live instead of watching others live.

 

The realization struck on him harshly and he felt the sudden urge to cry. He breathed in and out deeply, reaching for Kyuhyun’s hand and looking through the window. “Please let me sleep here from now on…,” he whispered, looking down. “I want to see the city from here…”

 

Kyuhyun looked down at how Hyukjae was holding his hand and he smiled, giving Hyukjae’s hand a gentle squeeze. “I’ll take you to see the city from every angle you wish,” he promised.

 

Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun and smiled, nodding slowly. “We have time,” he said.

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “We have time,” he assured.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•