Ch. [20]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Hyuk,” Kyuhyun called gently, reaching his hand closer to gently caress Hyukjae’s cheek. “Hyukjae…”

 

Hyukjae hummed lowly in his sleep, whining softly as he felt himself waking up. “Kyu…,” he called. “I’m sleeping, why are you like this?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, ruffling Hyukjae’s hair softly. “Come on, I want you to take you somewhere,” he said.

 

Hyukjae sighed and opened his eyes, looking at Kyuhyun already dressed and ready to go out. “I’m tired…,” he said, closing his eyes again.

 

Kyuhyun frowned, looking at how Hyukjae looked paler than usual. “Hyuk, are you sick?” he asked, placing his palm on the other’s forehead to check his temperature, gasping because indeed, Hyukjae had a fever. “, you’re sick, come on, I’m taking you to the hospital,” he said firmly, taking the blankets away and sliding his hands under Hyukjae’s body to carry him up.

 

“No need…,” Hyukjae mumbled without strength. He was too tired that he couldn’t even resist to Kyuhyun’s hold and he sighed, resting his head against Kyuhyun’s chest. “I just need to rest a little…,” he whispered, rounding Kyuhyun’s neck with his hands.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and shook his head, kicking the door open of his apartment. “You’ll rest in the hospital,” Kyuhyun said firmly, walking to his car and opening the door to let Hyukjae down on the seat, putting on his seat belt quickly.

 

Hyukjae sighed and rested against the seat, opening his eyes slightly only to see Kyuhyun jumping into the car as well, driving off almost immediately.

 

Kyuhyun was driving so fast that Hyukjae had to ask him to slow down slightly. “Kyu, I’m not dying,” he said, reaching his hand gently to hold Kyuhyun’s, smiling softly. “I’m fine, it’s just a fever…”

 

“Even if it was a scratch I would take care of you like this, Hyuk,” Kyuhyun said, focusing on the road as he could finally see the hospital. He smiled as he felt Hyukjae’s hand over his and he sighed, because it was also hot. “A fever could mean a lot of things, you know?”

 

“Maybe it just means I’m tired,” Hyukjae said slowly.

 

“Doesn’t matter,” Kyuhyun retorted, parking the car before going out from it, walking to the other side to get Hyukjae out, carrying him in his arms. “I should have bought a blanket for you…”

 

“Kyu,” Hyukjae grinned, resting his head against Kyuhyun’s chest. “I bet you a whole week of slavery that I’m hotter than you right now.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed, shaking his head. “Not fair,” he said, finally stepping into the emergency room. “And I’m already your slave, Hyukjae, there’s nothing for me to win or lose.”

 

“Then, you’ll have to take me on a date,” Hyukjae grinned, looking up at Kyuhyun as the taller saw a nurse approaching.

 

“Hyukjae, I always take you out on dates,” he said, making Hyukjae look at him confused before he was let down on a bed.

 

“Hello, I’m Doctor Kim, may I know why you’re here?” the doctor asked as soon as he stepped closer, nodding his head to Kyuhyun before directing himself to Hyukjae, taking out his stethoscope to quickly check on his vital signs.

 

“Fever,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae smiled softly.

 

Doctor Kim looked at Hyukjae and then at Kyuhyun, indicating the taller that he could wait outside while he checked on Hyukjae before giving a diagnosis and Kyuhyun sighed, looking at Hyukjae and caressing his hair before going out silently.

 

“Now, what is it?” Doctor Kim asked again, this time with only Hyukjae in there.

 

Hyukjae smiled. “Fever.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“He only needs to rest,” the doctor said as he prescribed something for Hyukjae. “The fever is almost gone so he will be able to leave in one or two hours,” he said, signing the prescription and handing it to Kyuhyun. “He has been forcing his body too much so it’s natural he has a fever and pain,” he said. “Those drugs are for the pain, we hope the fever won’t come back anytime soon,” he smiled softly.

 

Kyuhyun took the prescription and nodded, sighing deeply. “I’ve been taking him around too much, I guess…,” he said, feeling himself a little guilty for it.

 

“A little, yes,” Doctor Kim said, chuckling lowly. “Though not necessary because of it, you just need to keep in mind certain things that you can do to avoid pain, fever and infections for Mr. Lee,” he said as he wrote another prescription.

 

After a few minutes, Kyuhyun grabbed the second prescription and nodded as he read the indications.

 

“You can go with Mr. Lee, I’ll come back in a few hours to check on him and discharge him if everything is alright,” the doctor said and Kyuhyun could only nod as the other walked away to see another patient.

 

Kyuhyun sighed softly, looking up and going towards Hyukjae’s bed, sitting by his side. “How do you feel?” he asked as soon as Hyukjae looked up at him, dedicating him a soft smile.

 

“Better,” Hyukjae said. “Though I’m not as hot as before.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “You’re always hot,” he said, nodding his head. “The doctor gave me a few indications,” he continued and pointed at the second prescription in his hands. “Rest well, stay warm, fluids intake, regular physical activity,” he smiled and looks up at Hyukjae. “Avoid crowds, excessive demands on the body, high altitudes without an oxygen mask and smoke,” he chuckled. “I think I have some plans already.”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and nodded. “You’re actually a smart slave,” he said.

 

“I know,” Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

It wasn’t too long for the doctor to come back and check on Hyukjae. The fever was gone and the pain controlled so they could go back home.

 

Even when Hyukjae insisted that it was embarrassing for Kyuhyun to carry him all the time, the taller didn’t seem to think that way because he just carried him up to the car again, laughing as Hyukjae blushed deeply in embarrassment and hid his face against his chest, hiding from everyone.

 

“So what will we do today?” Hyukjae asked as he drank from the grape juice Kyuhyun bought for him.

 

“Nothing,” Kyuhyun chuckled. “You have to rest.”

 

Hyukjae pouted, looking at Kyuhyun focusing on the road carefully. “But I’m fine already…”

 

“Yet, you need to rest,” Kyuhyun insisted. “Let’s just play around the apartment, alright?”

 

Hyukjae sighed. “Fine…”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Who are you taking to?” Hyukjae asked as Kyuhyun typed on his phone.

 

“Your doctor,” Kyuhyun said, not tearing his gaze apart.

 

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow and looked towards Kyuhyun’s screen. They were both sitting on the couch side by side, eating chips and drinking juice as they waited for the sushi to arrive. “Why?”

 

“I’m asking him if you can go up on a plane,” Kyuhyun smiled, looking up at Hyukjae, showing him the screen. “He said you could if you wear an oxygen mask.”

 

Hyukjae’s smile widened. “Where are we going?” He asked excited, his eyes shining brightly in expectation.

 

Kyuhyun winked an eye. “It’s a surprise~”

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and sat back again, grinning widely as he kept drinking from his juice. He was drinking so much that he had to go to the bathroom often but every time he whined about it, Kyuhyun shook his head and told him he needed to drink a lot of fluids if he didn’t want to get sick again. “Mean,” Hyukjae said, sighing deeply.

 

“You’ll like it, you know it,” Kyuhyun grinned, throwing his phone to the couch as he sat back again, watching the TV absent minded, his hand looking for Hyukjae’s to hold it gently.

 

Hyukjae smiled softly, feeling Kyuhyun’s warm hand over his, giving a soft squeeze. He did nothing but lean closer to the taller, resting his head on the other’s shoulder as he laughed softly at the realty show they were watching. “So far, I’ve liked everything,” he admitted.

 

“I know,” Kyuhyun chuckled, gently caressing the back of Hyukjae’s hand with his thumb. “I’ve liked it too.”

 

Hyukjae sighed softly, handing Kyuhyun his small box of juice. “No more, please,” he said.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and took the small box with his free hand, humming as he sipped from the straw. “Alright,” he smiled. “Just because you’ve done everything I told you so.”

 

Hyukjae smiled, humming as he yawned softly and snuggled closer to Kyuhyun’s body. “And I thought I was the master here.”

 

“Not when you’re sick,” Kyuhyun said, glancing sideways to see Hyukjae already closing his eyes. “Hyuk, let’s go to bed already.”

 

Hyukjae nodded, paring away slightly. “Take me there.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “See? I’m still the slave even like this,” he said as he turned the TV off and stood up.

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and nodded, wrapping his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck as the other carried him up to the bedroom, letting him down slowly.

 

It only took a few seconds for Kyuhyun to fix himself by his side and Hyukjae turned towards the other, poking his forehead gently. “Good night, Kyu.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled, looking at Hyukjae before letting his hand wrap around the smaller’s waist. “Good night, Hyuk.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Now you’re being lazy,” Kyuhyun accused, shaking his head.

 

Hyukjae whined, covering his entire body with the blanket. “You didn’t let me sleep last night,” he complained. “You were snoring so loud…”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “I did not,” he defended, sliding the blankets away from Hyukjae’s body. “Come on, I’ll take you somewhere nice and we’ll eat strawberry ice cream, alright?”

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes and smiled, sitting up. “Really?” he asked, already sitting at the edge of the bed. “Good, I’ve been craving for ice cream lately.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, nodding. “Hurry, I’ll prepare your breakfast while you change.”

 

Hyukjae nodded and ran to the bathroom as Kyuhyun shook his head, walking out to the kitchen.

 

When Kyuhyun meant preparing breakfast, it was actually just pouring some water and milk into a bowl for Hyukjae and him to eat, because they were convinced nothing good would happen from cooking. He looked at his cell phone as he waited at the smaller to come out from the room already and he smiled as he received the confirmation for his flight.

 

Humming contented, Kyuhyun took the bowls to the counter and sat down, waiting patiently as he took out a small list from his pocket, nodding at what he had noted and taking his pen to add another one. Music Festival.

 

As soon as Hyukjae was out, Kyuhyun smiled widely and placed the list in his pocket, patting the small chair by his side.

 

They ate loudly, as every morning, joking and laughing at the senseless things the other said. “Seriously Kyuhyun, how come your academy life was so great and you’re this silly?”

 

Kyuhyun laughed. “Because I’m hot as hell,” he said, nodding for himself as he chewed.

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “What would have been of you if you weren’t handsome?”

 

“I’m smart Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun defended. “I would still be alive.”

 

Hyukjae chuckled. “You’re really conceited, considering you’re just my slave now.”

 

“A handsome slave,” Kyuhyun smiled.

 

Hyukjae just flailed silently, turning back to finish his cereal before standing up when Kyuhyun finished his as well.

 

It didn’t take even two minutes for Kyuhyun to hold his hand gently and drag him towards the door of the apartment. It was still early and the sun was barely up when they got out from the building towards Kyuhyun’s car.

 

“Where are we going?” Hyukjae asked, looking as Kyuhyun started the engine and fixed the mirrors of the car.

 

“Hyukjae, how come you still don’t learn, even after almost three months?” Kyuhyun asked, glancing at Hyukjae and shaking his head in disapproval.

 

“Because I still have the hope you’ll tell me,” Hyukjae said, pouting slightly.

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly, driving off to the road carefully, glancing towards Hyukjae with a playful and gentle smile on his lips. “It’s a surprise.”

 

Hyukjae smiled back. “I can’t wait.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•