Ch. [04]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun pursed his lips, restraining himself from laughing again as Hyukjae looked through the window silently. “It’s raining…,” Hyukjae mumbled with a pout before turning towards Kyuhyun. “How can we go to the beach when it’s raining?”

 

Kyuhyun finally let out a soft laugh and walked forward. “We can go any other day. Right now, we can do something fun indoors,” he proposed and Hyukjae sighed deeply, nodding his head even when he preferred going out.

 

“What’s fun to do indoors?” Hyukjae asked turning around and throwing himself to the couch, too devastated to do anything.

 

Kyuhyun laughed and sat besides Hyukjae. “We could play video games,” he proposed. “Have any?”

 

Hyukjae pouted and shook his head. “Never had the time to…”

 

Kyuhyun sighed and nodded, looking forward as he tried to think in something else. “You had a really boring life, really…”

 

Hyukjae glared at Kyuhyun. “I had my ways of having fun,” he defended.

 

“Really?” Kyuhyun asked. “Tell me more,” he said resting against the couch with a smug smile that Hyukjae knew he would grow to either love or hate.

 

Hyukjae frowned and opened his mouth until he realized he really had nothing good to make a comeback. Why did I have to hire a smartass? “No need, what else can we do?”

 

Kyuhyun laughed loudly, enjoying his victory before looking at Hyukjae. “Watch movies,” he said and Hyukjae sighed deeply.

 

“I don’t like watching movies, I always fall asleep,” Hyukjae said and pulled his knees up against his chest. “We could order some food though…,” he grinned at the idea.

 

“That sounds nice, maybe some pizza,” Kyuhyun proposed and nodded, already taking out his cell phone. “What’s your favorite?”

 

Hyukjae pursed his lips in thought for a while. “I don’t think I have one,” he mumbled.

 

“Are you sure you’re human?” Kyuhyun asked raising an eyebrow, looking at Hyukjae weirdly.

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “I’m just not a fan of pizza!”

 

“Alright, alright,” Kyuhyun chuckled, pulling his cell phone up his ear. “I’ll ask for cheese pizza since that’s the one I like,” he said and quickly answered when the other line picked up.

 

Hyukjae simply hummed and nodded, waiting patiently as he turned to the window, sighing heavily because he really wanted to go to the beach.

 

The minutes passed by fast and soon enough, the pizza was there. Hyukjae sat down and looked at the box when Kyuhyun opened. He made a disgusted face because the smell was giving him nauseas but he forced himself to eat a little, after all, one of the reasons he hired Kyuhyun was to force himself to eat.

 

“Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae called as he pointed at the pizza. “Quick, I want some.”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and rolled his eyes. “You have hands,” he complained but still held a slice of pizza, handing it to Hyukjae and taking the remote to turn on the TV.

 

Hyukjae grinned widely and held the slice of pizza, looking at it and sighing deeply before giving it a tentative bite. It wasn’t bad, Hyukjae decided. A second bite and Hyukjae decided he liked pizza. It only took a whole slice to convince Hyukjae that he wanted to eat a lot of cheese pizza in the future.

 

Kyuhyun was switching channels bored, groaning because there was nothing entertaining to see. “Seriously, you have like three hundred channels and there’s nothing good to see,” he said, turning the TV off instead. “Let’s play something, then.”

 

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow, looking at Kyuhyun and pointing the pizza, indicating he wanted more. “Play? We’re not kids, Kyuhyun.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and gave Hyukjae another slice of pizza. He needs to eat a lot more, he’s skinny. “We can play adults’ games. Seriously, you really need to know where you live,” he said as he looked around Hyukjae’s luxurious house. “I believe you have nothing to do here since you’re this boring,” he chuckled. “Good thing you hired me and I can make your days way more entertaining.”

 

Hyukjae was about to protest but rolled his eyes and ate the pizza instead. At the end, Kyuhyun was right, he hired him because he needed someone to keep him busy.

 

“Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae asked as Kyuhyun was going through his phone, looking for something Hyukjae had no idea of what it was.

 

“Mh?” Kyuhyun simply hummed, grinning when he found the number of a karaoke to reserve a room.

 

“Do you have a girlfriend?” Hyukjae suddenly asked, not really thinking his questions and just biting from his pizza slowly, looking at Kyuhyun intently.

 

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow and looked up, chuckling lowly as he turned towards Hyukjae and rested comfortably against the couch. “Girlfriend? No,” he answered right away. “This is good, we can question each other,” he nodded, throwing his phone to the small table in front of them.

 

Hyukjae chuckled and shook his head. “No, I do the questioning here,” he nodded and grinned childish, making Kyuhyun groan in annoyance.

 

“Why? I want to get to know you too, what if you’re a serial killer or something?” Kyuhyun asked, though it was obvious the small man wouldn’t be able to kill anyone.

 

“I am not, so be calm,” Hyukjae said and pouted when the slice of pizza disappeared from his hand. Did I eat it all already? “So anyway,” Hyukjae cleared his throat. “Not a girlfriend, so boyfriend?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed and shook his head. “Nope.”

 

Hyukjae nodded, as if thinking deeply. “Are you gay? Straight? Bi?”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly. “Why? Would it make you uncomfortable?”

 

Hyukjae shook his head. “Not at all, I’m asking for yourself, I am not interested in anyone so do not worry,” he said. “I am just curious.”

 

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders slightly and grabbed a slice of pizza for himself. “Bi, I’ve had my share of girls and boys under me.”

 

Hyukjae blushed lightly and cleared his throat, looking away slightly embarrassed before nodding and pointing at the pizza again. “Alright, just to make sure,” he said and grinned widely when Kyuhyun gave him another slice of pizza. “Fiancé? Or Fiancée?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and shook his head. “Nothing,” he said. “Do you think someone is attracted to an unemployed man?”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and nodded. “But you’re not unemployed, you work for me and then you’ll work for my father,” he said and looked down, mumbling for himself, “if he ever wants to talk to me again, that is.”

 

“Huh?” Kyuhyun leaned closer, trying to hear what Hyukjae was saying but just letting it go anyway. “I know, right? Even like that, I’m handsome so I should be able to have someone by my side.”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely and looked at Kyuhyun. “Would you like it?” he asked, way more excited of what he thought it would sound like. “Would you like to have a girlfriend or boyfriend or someone?”

 

Kyuhyun jumped back, taking aback by the sudden excitement and chuckled, flicking Hyukjae’s forehead. “Calm down, I’ll dedicate my time for you, wasn’t that the agreement?”

 

Hyukjae blinked and pouted, rubbing his forehead as he looked at Kyuhyun before smiling softly. “I’ll get you someone.”

 

Kyuhyun bit his pizza and raised an eyebrow questionably. “How are you planning to do that?”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and stood up, walking to his room to get a small notebook. He came back and sat down on the couch again, crossing his legs to look at Kyuhyun before opening his small notebook. “This is my address book,” he informed and nodded. “There are hundreds of girls and boys written down here that are definitely a good choice.”

 

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow curiously, looking at the notebook. “Wow, I would have given a lot to have numbers of persons like that.”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly. “Well, you don’t need to anymore,” he said and nodded as he reached the first page. “We’ll start from the letter ‘A’,” he nodded.

 

“Start what?” Kyuhyun asked. “Are you really hooking me up?”

 

Hyukjae nodded and grabbed the phone, dialing the number written in there. “If I don’t get you a partner at the end of these months, I’ll feel really guilty for consuming your time like this so you better make your best to like at least one of them.”

 

“Why wouldn’t I like them?” Kyuhyun chuckled, looking how Hyukjae took the phone to his ear.

 

“Because some of them are… well… annoying,” Hyukjae said as he waited. “Even more than me.”

 

“Wow, they must be seriously something, then,” Kyuhyun chuckled and he smiled innocently as Hyukjae glared at him. He’s too cute to glare.

 

“Hello? Ahyoung?” Hyukjae called and grinned widely. “Hi, it’s Hyukjae, do you remember me?” He asked as he put on the speaker so Kyuhyun could listen as well.

 

“Ah! Hyukjae! It’s been so long! How have you been? I thought you-” Hyukjae put the speaker off again and laughed nervously, talking to the other again, making Kyuhyun frown at the secret.

 

“Ah yes,” Hyukjae chuckled as he talked to the other line. “Hey, I remember last time you had a boyfriend, how is that going?” Hyukjae asked, even when he knew the girl was too annoying as to keep him like that. “Ah, you two broke up? I didn’t know…,” he feigned hurt.

 

“Yeah, last year… I don’t know Hyukjae, I don’t think I’ll have another boyfriend from now on…,” the girl spoke and Hyukjae chuckled, looking at Kyuhyun with a victorious smile.

 

“Well, I have a friend,” Hyukjae said slowly. “He’s nice. Right now, he’s working for me as my personal assistant,” he informed and Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow as Hyukjae put on the speaker again.

 

“Really? He must be extremely good for him to get hired by you!” the girl said an Hyukjae gave Kyuhyun a smug smile.

 

“Well, I just hired him a few days ago so I have yet to see,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, throwing himself to the couch, mumbling incoherent words under his breath.

 

“So what about him?” The girl finally asked and Hyukjae grinned widely.

 

“Well, you know, since you don’t have anyone in mind, I thought you might like to date him?” Hyukjae smiled. “Only once, of course, to see if you like him or not, like a blind date.”

 

The girl giggled in the other line. “Is he handsome?”

 

Hyukjae pursed his lips and tilted his head slightly to look at Kyuhyun carefully, as if deciding what to say to the girl.

 

Kyuhyun gasped and pointed at himself as he mouthed an ‘I am really handsome!’ to Hyukjae.

 

“Well, he’s…,” Hyukjae took his time to answer. “He’s okay.”

 

Kyuhyun gasped offended and flailed his arms to the air, grabbing a slice of pizza just to keep himself busy. “Coming from you, I would believe he’s actually nice, so alright! When should we set it?”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely and gave Kyuhyun a thumb up. “Well, what about this Saturday?” he asked. “At seven?”

 

“Alright! Send me a text with everything and I’ll be there~,” the girl chirped happily. “Thank you for calling Hyukjae! I needed a deep breath from the industry!”

 

Hyukjae hummed. “I know, go rest, I’ll send you the information later…” They hung up and Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun, grinning widely “See? It’s actually easy, we can do this until you find someone you truly like,” he nodded.

 

“Do you think this is a good idea?” Kyuhyun asked as he kept eating his pizza.

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun and shook his head. “No, but you’ll be able to find someone nice. Two dates per week, how about that?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed. “I’m so lazy to do that…,” he replied. “But I guess it’ll be alright.”

 

Hyukjae chuckled and pointed at the pizza, grinning happily because Kyuhyun quickly handed him the next slice. “Then, what will we do tomorrow?”

 

“I don’t know, it depends on the weather,” Kyuhyun replied. “But at least I know I have a date on Saturday.”

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and nodded. “I’m actually excited,” he grinned. “I had never done this before!”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and hummed, looking at Hyukjae carefully. Has he always been this cheerful?

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•