Ch. [15]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun glanced at Hyukjae. The smaller was sleeping and in some point of the trip, Duck had crawled on his lap. His cheek was still a little swollen and Kyuhyun frowned. He didn’t want to meddle in between family issues, but he couldn’t stand the fact that Hyukjae was slapped.

 

Kyuhyun drove to his own house. He had to let Duck if he wanted to take Hyukjae out to where he planned and he called an old woman that he trusted to take care of it.

 

When Kyuhyun finally reached his building, the old woman was already out, waving at him. He didn’t bother in parking nicely or even turning the engine off. He just went down and motioned Duck to do so as well. Hyukjae didn’t wake up after ten minutes and Kyuhyun drove off again, watching the old lady take Duck to his apartment.

 

“Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun called, gently shaking Hyukjae’s shoulder. “Hey, wake up,” he ordered, chuckling as he saw the small pout on Hyukjae’s lips, signaling he was waking up.

 

“Kyuhyun… go away, I’m sleeping…,” Hyukjae mumbled, prying Kyuhyun’s hands away.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, leaning closer. “Wake up or I’ll kiss you so deep you’ll feel my tongue in your throat.”

 

Hyukjae scrunched his nose as he opened his eyes. “That’s gross, Kyuhyun,” he complained, pushing Kyuhyun’s face away.

 

Kyuhyun laughed, leaning back and reaching his hand for Hyukjae. “Come on, it’s about to start,” he said and Hyukjae looked at him confused.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“HAHAHAHAHA!” Hyukjae was laughing loudly, holding onto his stomach because he was having way too much fun.

 

Kyuhyun took him to a TV show recording in which they were part of the audience. It was a comic show so Kyuhyun was sure Hyukjae would laugh at least once and forget about the morning with his father. He looked at the other, how he laughed, how he clapped his hands when the joke was too good.

 

Slowly, Kyuhyun took his phone up and took a picture of Hyukjae laughing loudly. He smiled at the result and paid attention to the show finally, also laughing at the scenes that were showing.

 

When it ended, Hyukjae complained about how much his abdomen and cheeks hurt but he kept smiling widely, giggling softly when he remembered a certain joke that was told.

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly with him, looking outside and grinning widely when he realized it wasn’t that late. “Let’s go have something to eat, what would you like?” he asked and Hyukjae pursed his lips, shaking his head.

 

“I don’t know, you decide,” Hyukjae said smiling. “You always choose great places.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and held Hyukjae’s hand. “Then let’s get going,” he ordered and Hyukjae grinned, nodding eagerly.

 

The restaurant was in a market and it was so crowded they barely got a space to sit. They had to share the table but they didn’t really care as long as they ate comfortably.

 

“What’s this?” Hyukjae asked as Kyuhyun poured something into his glass, raising an eyebrow confused.

 

“Soju,” Kyuhyun answered, grinning widely as he poured some for himself.

 

“Alcohol?” Hyukjae asked and raised an eyebrow. “Kyuhyun, I have never drunken alcohol…”

 

“Well, isn’t it a nice day to start?” Kyuhyun smiled, grinning as the food finally reached their table. “I’ll take you home anyway, you have nothing to worry about.”

 

Hyukjae looked at the small glass in front of him and chuckled, holding it up. “You’re right,” he said and nodded. “I’ll just do anything I want,” he nodded and pointed at Kyuhyun. “But if I get drunk, remember you’re my responsibility.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and nodded. “Of course.”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely before drinking the whole glass at once, closing his eyes tightly as he felt the burning sensation go down his throat and reaching his stomach. He whined softly, sighing deeply at the sensation. “It’s…,” he cleared his throat. “So strong…”

 

Kyuhyun laughed, also letting his empty glass down before pouring more soju into Hyukjae’s. “I think you have low resistance to alcohol,” he said and motioned for Hyukjae to eat and drink. “I’m curious of what you’ll do later.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“FREE DRINKS AND FOOD FOR EVERYONE!” Hyukjae shouted loudly, standing on his chair as Kyuhyun laughed at him, shaking his head and pulling Hyukjae’s hand down as everyone clapped happily.

 

“Seriously, I didn’t know you would be like this,” Kyuhyun said, chuckling as he took away the bottle Hyukjae was drinking from. “No more alcohol for you, young man.”

 

Hyukjae pouted and looked at Kyuhyun. “Why?” he whined, acting so cute that Kyuhyun just wanted to pinch his cheeks.

 

“Because if I let you drink even more you’ll end up doing even more crazy stuff,” Kyuhyun sighed and ordered the waitress to bring the whole bill of the entire restaurant.

 

“But Kyu~,” Hyukjae whined, pouting so adorably that Kyuhyun groaned in annoyance.

 

“Stop it,” Kyuhyun warned.

 

At the end, Kyuhyun was the one who had to pay for everyone and the one who had to drag Hyukjae out from the restaurant towards his car. He sighed as he heard Hyukjae giggle, reaching out for something he wasn’t sure anymore.

 

“Kyu~,” Hyukjae called and he was grinning oh so widely that Kyuhyun for a second forgot that the other was truly wasted.

 

“Yes?” Kyuhyun asked, holding his waist firmly as he finally reached the car.

 

“How come you don’t give me a nickname?” Hyukjae pouted adorably, sprawling over the seat and giggling as Kyuhyun fixed his body. He only looked at the taller, smiling oh so widely that his gums were showing.

 

Kyuhyun looked up at Hyukjae and chuckled, putting on Hyukjae’s seatbelt before taking out his camera, taking a picture of the boy. “This is so you remember, Hyukjae,” he said, fixing himself by Hyukjae’s side slightly to take a picture of the both of them.

 

Hyukjae grinned widely and turned towards Kyuhyun, hugging him tightly before turning towards the camera, smiling widely, his eyes almost closing.

 

Kyuhyun gasped softly but smiled softly, giving the camera thumbs up as he took the picture. “Hyukjae, you can let me go now,” he said, lowering his camera and placing it on Hyukjae’s lap. “You take care of it.”

 

Hyukjae nodded and looked at Kyuhyun, still not letting him go. “Nickname,” he could barely say and Kyuhyun could see just how exhausted he was already.

 

“I’ll think about one later,” Kyuhyun promised and Hyukjae grinned widely, nodding as he let go of Kyuhyun to let the other go around the driver’s seat.

 

Hyukjae stayed awake the whole trip, surprisingly for Kyuhyun who was only glancing at the other, chuckling as the smaller played with the camera as a small boy, not knowing where to turn it up and grinning widely when he finally could do it.

 

As soon as they reached the parking lot of Kyuhyun’s building, the taller went down towards Hyukjae’s door, opening it and laughing because Hyukjae wanted to go out but he couldn’t because he didn’t know how to unbuckle the seat belt. “Easy there,” Kyuhyun said, ruffling Hyukjae’s hair affectionately, reaching closer when finally the smaller stood still and pulling him out, holding his body against his.

 

“Kyu, your camera,” Hyukjae smiled widely. “I took well care of it!” His words were barely understandable but Kyuhyun would still laugh at how funny he was.

 

It wasn’t hard to pull Hyukjae all the way up to his apartment and he threw the other to the bed, sighing softly. “You go to sleep, tomorrow you’ll feel like dying,” Kyuhyun ordered, taking the camera from Hyukjae’s strong hold.

 

Hyukjae pouted and sat up, looking at how Kyuhyun took his shoes off. “I’m not sleepy…,” he whined. “Kyu, let’s do something…”

 

Kyuhyun looked up at Hyukjae and chuckled, shaking his head unbelieving. “You usually have no energy, what’s wrong with you today?” He asked as he was finally able to take off Hyukjae’s shoes and socks. “We can go watch a movie or something, no more alcohol for you-” he looked up, rolling his eyes because Hyukjae was exhausted already and fell asleep almost immediately. “You idiot,” he chuckled covering Hyukjae’s body with the blanket, leaning closer to take away the hair from his forehead. “Sleep well, Hyuk.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Nooo!” Hyukjae whined, closing his eyes tightly and covering his head with the blanket. “Kyuhyun! Go away!” he almost screamed, pouting.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and shook his head, leaving the curtains open. “There’s pain killers on the bedside table, Hyukjae, take some,” he said and Hyukjae shook his head under the blankets.

 

“Light,” Hyukjae groaned, curling his body.

 

“You drank too much,” Kyuhyun said, sitting on the bed and slowly uncovering Hyukjae’s face. “Come on, take the pills so we can do something.”

 

“I don’t want to go anywhere,” Hyukjae grumbled, turning around over his stomach to hide his face against the pillow. “My head hurts, my legs and stomach hurts, it’s all your fault…”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly and reached forward to grab the pills and the glass with water. “Hyuk, take these so I can take you out somewhere you’ll like.”

 

Hyukjae stood silent for a few second before sighing tiredly, groaning as he sat up and the movement made his head spin. He closed his eyes and leaned against Kyuhyun’s chest, sighing deeply. “Never drinking again.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, giving Hyukjae the pills as he wrapped his arm around the other’s thin shoulders. “I ordered some soup, so hurry to have breakfast,” he whispered, knowing oh so well how bothering the noise was in the hangover.

 

Hyukjae nodded, taking the pills from Kyuhyun’s hand and also grabbing the glass with water, taking them almost instantly and letting out a soft sigh as he gave the glass back to Kyuhyun. “How long?” He asked and Kyuhyun smiled, taking the glass and leaving it on the bedside table.

 

“Just a few minutes,” Kyuhyun whispered in Hyukjae’s ear gently, chuckling as the smaller leaned against him and closed his eyes. He squeezed the other’s shoulders softly and waited patiently,

 

It was indeed just a few minutes before Hyukjae opened his eyes and grumbled lowly. “I’m hungry…”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “The soup is ready,” he said, parting away slightly from the other before pulling him out of the bed.

 

Hyukjae gasped softly and stumbled towards Kyuhyun, glaring at him before letting him drag him to the kitchen. “Such a rude slave,” he mumbled, sighing as he finally saw the soup in front of him, Kyuhyun sitting by his side.

 

“You couldn’t stop calling me Kyu last night, where did that go?” Kyuhyun asked, raising an eyebrow and grinning widely as he saw Hyukjae’s cheeks tainting slightly.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Hyukjae mumbled, quickly taking the spoon to stuff his mouth with the soup.

 

Kyuhyun laughed. “But you insisted so much in nicknames, it was cute,” he said, nodding for himself as he also ate his soup slowly.

 

Hyukjae glared at Kyuhyun, shaking his head before looking down at his plate again. He made sure to not say a thing for the rest of the morning, even if Kyuhyun insisted.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes widely. “Is this-”

 

“Ice cream,” Kyuhyun nodded, smiling as he took a picture of Hyukjae. “You can create your own flavor, anything you want in this place.”

 

The place was huge, decorated with pastel colors and different kind of ice creams. It was like paradise for an ice cream lover. “Strawberry!” Hyukjae almost screamed, beaming in happiness as he ran to the counter, asking for one of every different strawberry flavor they had.

 

At the end though, and as always, Kyuhyun was the one who had to finish it because Hyukjae was too full and his head was frozen from how fast he ate. It took him only fifteen minutes to go to the counter again and ask for more, making Kyuhyun chuckle.

 

The picture they took together was of them smiling widely and holding a cone each, a huge ice cream behind them that was part of the decoration.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•