Ch. [14]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae pouted, poking Kyuhyun’s sides gently. “Kyuhyunnie~”

 

But Kyuhyun wasn’t waking up and Hyukjae pouted, looking around until he could finally find a watch, realizing it was really early.

 

“Seriously Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae sighed and sat up, looking at Duck who was laying down on the carpet comfortably.

 

“Hyukjae, stay quiet, I need to sleep,” Kyuhyun mumbled, turning around slightly to pull Hyukjae down the bed again, sighing deeply.

 

Hyukjae glared at Kyuhyun and sighed, turning around to face the other. “You’re awake, I want to know what we’ll do today…,” he said, smiling widely.

 

Kyuhyun sighed, opening his eyes only to find the image of an excited Hyukjae in front of him. How could he say no to that? “It’s a surprise,” he said, nodding.

 

Hyukjae sighed. “As always…,” he pouted. “But I need to do something first…,” he bit his lower lip. “Can you take me there? It won’t take long, I promise…”

 

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “What is it?”

 

Hyukjae smiled, shaking his head. “Nothing in particular,” he said, reaching his hand forward to gently pull Kyuhyun’s strands of hair away from his face. “You look so innocent like this… Who would say you’re actually a teasing ert?”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and rolled his eyes. “Shut up and let’s get ready,” he said, grinning widely as he sat up and stretched his arms. “If you want to take a shower, do it now while I take Duck out.”

 

Hyukjae sat up and pouted. “I also want to take him out…,” he said.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Alright, let’s go,” he motioned the door, clapping his hands as he stood up and called for Duck to follow him.

 

It only took them a few minutes as they went out and walked around the block with Duck following them. As soon as they came back, Hyukjae claimed he was tired and made Kyuhyun carry him all the way up and to the bedroom. “Is it always going to be like this?” Kyuhyun asked, chuckling.

 

“Yes, get used to it, slave,” Hyukjae grinned, pointing the bathroom. “Take me there so I can take a shower while you choose my clothes.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed, kicking the door of his bathroom open. “Can I shower with you, then? To save time?”

 

Hyukjae blushed slightly and hit Kyuhyun’s chest. “This is what I was talking about when I said you were a ert!” he exclaimed, rolling his eyes. “And no, you can’t. You also have a date tomorrow and the day after tomorrow,” he nodded. “I already arranged them.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and nodded, letting Hyukjae down. “Alright, alright,” he said and ruffled Hyukjae’s hair. “Hurry up so we can have breakfast and go and do whatever you have to…”

 

Hyukjae grinned and nodded, waving his hand at Kyuhyun. “Go away slave, you don’t deserve watching me .”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Just hurry,” he reminded before going out from the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

 

Hyukjae smiled, sighing deeply as soon as Kyuhyun went out. He looked at himself in the mirror and took his shirt off, revealing his torso. He ran his fingers through his thin body, sighing deeply at the faint marks of needles. He looked up and smiled widely, taking off all his clothes before jumping into the shower, taking a quick one to go out as soon as possible.

 

Kyuhyun was playing with Duck on the carpet when Hyukjae went out, completely wrapped around the bathroom and towels. “Kyu, where are my clothes?” He asked, slightly embarrassed.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and smiled at the sudden pet name, chuckling as he pointed at the neatly folded clothes in one of the corners of the bed. “Right there,” he said, still petting Duck.

 

Hyukjae nodded towards the bathroom. “Your turn, and make sure to dress nicely,” he smiled.

 

Kyuhyun laughed and nodded, standing up and taking his clothes into the bathroom to also shower.

 

As soon as Kyuhyun went out, he rolled his eyes, seeing how Hyukjae and Duck were literally rolling around the carpet while playing, laughing loudly. “Time to go,” he announced, slowly combing his hair with his fingers.

 

Hyukjae looked up and nodded, smiling widely and sitting up, reaching his hands up for Kyuhyun to help him. The taller simply rolled his eyes reaching for Hyukjae to pull him up before looking around.

 

Kyuhyun drove carefully towards the place Hyukjae asked him to. “Now turn right,” the smaller ordered, pointing a big building Kyuhyun recognized easily.

 

“Your father’s company?” Kyuhyun asked, raising an eyebrow as he parked his car in the basement.

 

Hyukjae cleared his throat awkwardly and sighed deeply, nodding as he undid his seat belt. “Yeah… I need to talk to someone…,” he said and went down, waiting for Kyuhyun to also go out from the car.

 

Kyuhyun went out and walked towards Hyukjae, pointing at the dog in the car. “What about him?”

 

Hyukjae smiled. “He’ll come, of course,” he said, grinning widely.

 

Kyuhyun nodded and opened the door of the car for Duck to go out. They walked to the elevator and he turned to see Hyukjae. He was pale, maybe paler than before. “Are you alright?” Kyuhyun asked as the elevator opened the doors in the reception.

 

Hyukjae breathed in and out deeply before nodding and lifting his head up, almost proudly.

 

Kyuhyun walked with Hyukjae along the way towards the reception, glancing at him from time to time and noticing how everyone was looking at them with soft gasps of surprise. He leaned gently towards Hyukjae. “Either they’re all truly impressed by how handsome I am, or they didn’t expect to see a dog in this place. I’m leaning towards the first option, I don’t know about you.”

 

Hyukjae couldn’t help himself but laugh softly, turning slightly to hit Kyuhyun’s shoulder in a scolding manner. “Kyuhyun, shut up, I’m trying to look cool,” he said, glaring at the other.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, nodding as he leaned back. “Fine, fine,” he smiled, looking how Hyukjae was at least a little less nervous than before.

 

“Mr. Lee,” the receptionist quickly stood up and bowed to Hyukjae, who just nodded.

 

“I’ll go up to see my father, you do not need to announce me,” Hyukjae said and the receptionist nodded.

 

“Should I call Mr. Park?” The girl asked and Hyukjae froze for a second, clearing his throat and shaking his head.

 

“No, I’ll just go to my father,” Hyukjae said, turning around to walk towards the elevator.

 

“Who’s Mr. Park?” Kyuhyun asked as they walked and got into the elevator.

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun and chuckled. “Just… someone I used to be really close to,” he said, nodding. Kyuhyun didn’t want to ask further.

 

The doors of the elevator opened and they were welcomed by a luxurious floor with glass windows and elegant couches. There was a female in the entrance, bowing her head deeply and welcoming them, offering them the space. Kyuhyun never thought there could be so much luxury in an office.

 

“Mr. Lee, it is nice to see you after… so long,” a male secretary came and smiled politely to Hyukjae, who simply hummed and looked towards a closed door.

 

“I’ll talk to my father, please let him know I’m here,” Hyukjae ordered and the secretary nodded, quickly going towards the closed door.

 

“If you wanted to only talk to your father, why didn’t you go to his house or called him or something?” Kyuhyun asked, looking down to make sure Duck wasn’t destroying anything.

 

Hyukjae looked down at his trembling hands, biting his lower lip. “I’m not allowed into his house…,” he admitted, “and he won’t answer my calls.”

 

Kyuhyun gasped softly, opening his mouth to say something but being interrupted by Hyukjae’s name being called.

 

“Please wait here for me,” Hyukjae said, almost begging.

 

“I will,” Kyuhyun assured. “I’ll sit right there, just call if you need me,” he said, pointing the couch that was the closest to the office.

 

Hyukjae nodded and breathed in and out deeply, finally walking and entering the office he had been fearing for a while.

 

As soon as he looked up, he saw his father’s stern face, looking at him from behind the desk. “Yes?” the older man asked and Hyukjae looked down, closing his eyes for a few seconds to try and restrain his tears.

 

Hyukjae sighed deeply, looking up to talk. “Dad, I-”

 

“You’re not my son anymore,” the statement made Hyukjae tremble.

 

“Dad,” Hyukjae called, almost desperately as he stepped forward. “Please let me explain,” he begged.

 

The man in front of him frowned and waved his hand. “Go out,” he said. “I don’t want to see the face that brought me so much humiliation.”

 

Hyukjae gasped, feeling his tears already threatening to fall down his eyes. “Please…,” he begged. “Dad… I had a reason…”

 

The man frowned deeper, standing up firmly as he pointed the door. “Leave before I call security,” he said. “I agreed on waiting for the one you choose as your replacement,” he said. “But that only because you were a good worker. Since you presented your resignation letter, I have nothing else to tell you.”

 

Hyukjae finally let go of his tears, stepping closer to the desk, leaning against it. “Father! You must listen to me! For once, just listen to me!”

 

Hyukjae’s father walked to the door, opening it for Hyukjae. “Leave,” he ordered and Hyukjae looked up at him, his cheeks already flowing with tears.

 

“Dad, please… I beg you,” he whispered, walking towards his father.

 

Kyuhyun was surprised, by how fast the door opened and he stood up, ready to leave with Hyukjae. He stood still though, when he saw the scene in front of him.

 

Hyukjae was crying, looking at the man holding the door knob tightly, frowning deeply. He locked his eyes in the fragile figure, reaching his hand for his father. “Dad…,” the smaller called, almost begging.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t want to do anything else but to take Hyukjae away from that place. He reached his hand towards the smaller, ready to do whatever he wanted but he froze in his place, opening his eyes widely as a slap landed on Hyukjae’s cheek, startling not only the smaller man and Kyuhyun, but the whole floor.

 

Hyukjae was still, taking his hand to his cheek as he looked at his father, not believing what just happened. He looked down, his tears falling down. “You were the only person I had left,” he mumbled lowly, still not looking up. “If there was someone I wanted to have by my side right now, it was you,” he said, finally looking up. “I feel sorry for mom, how she had to stand you in the last years of her life.”

 

Hyukjae’s father raised his hand again to slap Hyukjae once more. Kyuhyun was fast enough and stopped him, glaring at him. “If you don’t mind, I’ll take Hyukjae away,” he said firmly, pulling Hyukjae against his body before dragging him away.

 

Hyukjae didn’t complain and he simply leaned against Kyuhyun, sighing deeply when they were finally in the elevator and nod daring himself to even say a word.

 

Kyuhyun dragged him out by his hand and pulled him to the basement, sighing deeply and quickly wrapping his arms around Hyukjae’s thin body. “Are you alright?” He asked gently, almost in a whisper.

 

Hyukjae shook his head slightly, hugging Kyuhyun almost desperately. “I’m not…,” he admitted. “Kyuhyun… he was the only person I had…”

 

Kyuhyun sighed, tightening his hold on Hyukjae. He let the other cry in his embrace and he gently ran his hands along the other’s back in a soothing way, whispering to him that they could fix it later and that he shouldn’t worry. “I’ll take you somewhere nice, alright?” He promised. “But you have to stop crying because you kind of look really pretty and some will want to take you away from me,” he said, smiling softly as he cupped Hyukjae’s cheek, taking away the tears with his thumbs.

 

Hyukjae let out a soft laugh, punching Kyuhyun’s chest weakly. “You’re seriously an idiot,” he said, smiling softly as he felt himself lighter.

 

“I know,” Kyuhyun laughed, opening the door of the car for Hyukjae to enter. “And you’re stuck with this idiot for four months,” he said. “The least.”

 

Hyukjae chuckled as he saw Kyuhyun closing his door and opening the one for Duck to come in silently. He smiled as he saw Kyuhyun also jump in.

 

Truth is, Hyukjae made a great decision in hiring Kyuhyun. “You’re not that bad of slave, you know?”

 

Kyuhyun laughed, starting the car. “Did you even doubt it?”

 

Hyukjae smiled. “All the time.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•