chapter 19

The Bells
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun's POV

"I'm sorry, I can't help it. He has died instantly when a gun was shot. The bullet hit right on his heart. I'm sorry, sir." The doctor bows at me after says it.
I'm crying hard. I can't believe it. Bryan has just died in front of my eyes. I realize something. I lose my bestfriend. I can't see him anymore. He has left me forever. I regret that I didn't behave well in the last time of his life. I realize how childish am I.
Why should I do? Should I tell my girlfriend? Yes, she should know. She's one of Bryan's friend. But how can I tell her? Should I tell her now? I look at the clock on the wall. It almost one after midnight. She must be sleep now. Everyone must be sleep now.

Suddenly, my phone rings. Who the hell is calling me in early morning? I take my phone from my pocket. Bora?

"Why the hell do you call me??!!" I shout loudly.

"I'm sorry Nichk to disturb your sleep in very early morning but I have something important to tell."

"What?!"

"Bryan has just died. He was killed by the suspect of market robbery. Did you know?" How can Bora know? "I really know about that. I was there when the ing suspect shot him near Bryan's apartment. I was about meet Bryan at his apartment but suddenly he called me and told me that there's someone wanted to kill him because he has ruined their plan. I called the police and tried to find where Bryan is. When I foumd him, I ran and I hit the suspect and thrown the gun away. But he could stand again and take gun. He was about to shoot me but Bryan pulled me so he was shot. I am the witness of this case." I explain to her.

"You know it very clear." I can hear if she's surprised. "I'm really sad Nichk. I know he's your bestfriend. You have been friend since high school. It's very hard for you."

"Yes, thanks Bora." I take a breath. "By the way Bora, don't tell my girlfriend about this. I don't want to see her sad."

"But she will know sooner or later."

"At least, she knows it from me." I sit on the chair nearby. "I need to know. How can you know about this?"

"I know your friend has just died Nichk, but how didn't you know the answer? We work at the magazine. We know about the news for the first time."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I can't think properly right now."

"Yeah, I understand."
* * *
05.36 am.

I wake up. I look around. I'm still in the hospital. I remember I fell asleep here. I can't drive last night because I was really tired. I see the clock. It's half past five in the morning. The news about Bryan must have been spread. Tiffany usually wake up at six. But I want to check. Maybe she has woken up and see the news through internet or television.

"What's wrong Nichk?" Her vocie seems fine. I think she hasn't heard about it yet.

"Am I disturb your sleep?"

"Ohh no, you're not. I had woken up before you called me."

I walk to the basement where my car was park.

"Can I come to your apartment? I can take you to your boutique anyway."

"Of course, what's wrong with your voice anyway? Your voice is hus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter