Damsel

Bound

 

 

Chapter 6 : Damsel

 

Kim Myungsoo was told girls would talk about him.
That they would gossip about him.
That they would swoon from his charms.

But he never expected the prettiest girl he knew to literally faint in his arms.
For a minute, he thought it was too good to be true.

“Naeun! Naeun!” He shouted, panicked at the sudden turn of events.
He was just walking home when he saw her; all hurried and looking ghostly pale in the rain.
Of course he became worried.

 

And when she fell into his arms, he could suddenly hear his heart beating like a drum.

Maybe fate was really toying with him.

And then the panic seeped in like a poison once he realised she was passed out in his embrace.

Eunji would castrate him.
Or worse.

 

Thinking quickly, he carefully carried her; princess style and slinging her bag around his shoulder.

Her head leaned on his shoulder softly and he couldn't help but caress her cheek gently.

“Myungsoo...” She murmured as she stirred in his arms slightly.

Her eyes fluttered open and their eyes met.
And in that moment Myungsoo knew he had probably just been strike by lightning.

She stared at him forlornly, her eyes tired and still slow in comprehending the situation.

 

“Are you okay? Should I take you to the hospital? Or a clinic maybe?” His questions came out in one huge gush. Naeun's eyes widened at the words; ‘hospital’ and ‘clinic’. She shook her head and pursed her lips before leaning her forehead to the soft merino wool of his sweater.

A clap thunder filled the air and she dug her face into his shoulder; whimpering softly.

“My apartment is a block away. Do you mind if I take you there?” He blurted without thinking.

That didn't sound like a come on did it? He thought to himself.

She shook her head and he carried her through the rain, quick footing to his home.

 


 

Somewhere along the five minute journey to his house, Naeun had fallen asleep whilst he was carrying her. He could feel her warm breath as she exhaled heavily.

It became a habit; he touched her forehead just to estimate her temperature. A frown carved into his features when he felt how hot to touch she was and that she was shivering.

Eunji was really going to kill him now.
His body parts would probably be found mutilated at the bottom of the Seine.

He set her down gingerly on his bed before striding to the living room.

 

He had to call her.
Of course he had to.
He just didn't want to.

Bad things happened to people who pissed Jung Eunji off and he refused to be another one of her victims.

He sighed in defeat, knowing not telling Eunji would probably ignite World War 3.
The phone rang three times before she picked it up.

 

“Myungsoo, I really don't have time for this. It's already late and Naeun always arrives home around 12.30 and I'm-”

“She fainted.” He cut her off. He mentally slapped himself for making such a stupid move.

“Naeun… she fainted and she's here… at my place.”

“Why is she at your place?!” Eunji shouted so loudly through the phone that he had to distance himself from the speaker momentarily so he wouldn't injure his eardrums.

“Well, she refused to go to a hospital. Where else was I supposed to take her? It's raining cats and dogs outside.”

“Of course she refused.” Eunji snorted but didn't elaborate. He could imagine her rolling her eyes and massaging her temple.

“She's still asleep and obviously needs some rest, she can stay until tomorrow morning.”

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo, don't you dare touch her.”


“Do you really think I'm that type of guy, Eunji?” Myungsoo scoffed, having known her for many years. They both knew he wouldn't touch her. He was too much of a gentleman to do that.

Or so he would like to think.

 

“I know you're not... but just please be careful. Make sure she takes her meds.” He could detect a slight tremble in her voice which was abnormal for Eunji but he chose to ignore it.

“Will do.”

“And Myungsoo, one last thing; promise me you'll take care of her.”

“I promise.”

“Thank you.”

 

For once, he felt Eunji's honest anxiety. Her mother's instinct coming out to protect her friend.

But Myungsoo knew that something must have had Eunji really rattled for her to make him promise something.

A promise he would keep forever.

 

“If you don't, I'll kick your stupid .”

He shivered at her words and quickly hung up.

 

Make sure she takes her meds. Meds meds meds… He recalled whilst grabbing a glass of water before entering his bedroom.

“Myungsoo?” She called out softly when she saw him.

“Hey... You okay?”

“I could be worse.”

 

He chuckled and took her bag; contemplating for awhile if it was rude to look through a girl's bag. In the end, he decided it was probably okay under the circumstances, he fished out an orange prescription bottle. He noted the words scrawled on it with terrible doctor handwriting, the words roughly translating to the word : Lexapro. The drug was somewhat familiar but he couldn't really remember what it was for, nor did he think it was appropriate to pry into Naeun's personal affairs.

He handed it to a very blur Naeun who popped a blue pill into like she was eating candy before gulping the water down in seconds.

After setting the glass down in his bedside table, she gasped.

 

“Oh crap, Eunji!”

She bit her lip, realising how worried sick her housemate must be.

“I've already called her. It's raining and it's late. You can stay here for the night.”

 

A clash of thunder made her jump as if to alert her that the weather outside was still a threat.

“S-stay here?” She stuttered as her eyes widened at the scandalous idea.

“You fainted just half an hour ago. I doubt you can even walk in a straight line.”

“But-”

“There's some clothes in that drawer that I think can fit you. There's the bathroom.” He pointed everything out for her.

“But-”

“Go change and you can sleep in my bed for tonight”

“But-”

“I'll be in the kitchen making some hot chocolate.” He said, totally ignoring her protests.

 

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo! You can't keep me hostage here!” Naeun threw a pillow at him halfway across the room but he caught it effortlessly.

"Damn, he has good reflexes." She cursed under her breath.

 

Myungsoo cracked a genuine smile; something he hasn't done for awhile. He was truly amused by her clumsy and thoughtless antics.

 

“I beg to differ Naeun-ssi, you're my honoured guest.” He beamed before closing the door to his bedroom.

 

Naeun sighed and buried her face in her hands.

She didn't know if she was going to survive a night with Kim Myungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

"Il y a des fleurs partout pour qui veut bien les voir"

"There are flowers everywhere for the person who wants to see them"

- Henri Matisse

 

 

//////////////////////////////////////

a/n :

contrary to popular belief. even after exams I still have a lot of to deal with at school...but its really fun to read all your comments and opinions ^_^