Symptoms

Bound

 

 

 

Chapter 29: Symptoms

 

Almost magically (and stupidly) Myungsoo awoke with a pounding headache and feeling as lifeless as a doll. He felt extremely stuffy in his rooms and wanted to open the bay windows but instead the vertigo overwhelmed him and he landed his on the mattress again.

He unceremoniously slumped back on the bed and shook himself.

Kim Myungsoo has not gotten sick since he was 16.

 

For once he felt human. He smiled himself, remembering the kiss he shared with Naeun in the pouring rain. It felt as it it was of The Notebook or something. But he knew that deep inside his heart she was worth everything.

Every single thing.

 


 

Naeun had an hour break to sneak a visit to Myungsoo, who apparently was ‘so sick he can barely stand’. Those were Hoya's words, not his own, and she couldn't tell if Myungsoo was melodramatic or if Hoya was just trying to be a wingman for his best friend.

So there she was- in front of his door.
Being the dutiful girlfriend, chicken broth and Panadol in hand.

 

She knocked on the door about a dozen times and there was still no noise. He must be asleep, she thought. Luckily, she knew he hid a spare key under the rug and stealthily opened the door without arising suspicions.

“Myungsoo?” She called out but was greeted with silence. She knocked softly on his bedroom door and there was still no utterance of a word.

“Myungsoo, if you're in there you're coming in.”

Peeking through shyly, she saw now that Myungsoo lay fitfully asleep in a mess of black sheets, he was flushed from a fever. His chest rose with unsteady and forced breaths.

She felt a pang of guilt and a lump building in as she realised he had probably caught a cold from their late night escapade last night.

“Oh Myungsoo.” She murmured.

 

A bunch of hibiscus leaves in hand, she filled a cold basin of water before carefully making a cooling watery salve with the leaves. She gently strip him of his sweaty shirt and tried her best to not crack into a smile when she saw how built he actually was, not obvious like Hoya, but leaner.

“Not bad Kim Myungsoo.” She murmured to no one in particular.

Applying the salve to his skin, she placed the wet cloth on his forehead for him to cool down. She fixed the bed sheets as best as she could and ran her fingers through his hair, the sweat made his hair stick to his face. Throwing the shirt into the wash, she reheated the chicken broth and cleaned up a bit.

“Hoya?” Myungsoo called out 15 minutes later, his voice hoarse with sleep.

“Afraid not. It's just me.” Naeun entered his bedroom, a glass of warm lemon tea in hand.
“What are you doing here? Don't you have class?” He asked after taking a sip of the tea.

“Hoya told me you were sick.”

“Remind me to thank him.” He smiled, kissing her bare knuckles and pulling her to sit on the bed.

“He's trying a little too hard to make up for crashing your Ferrari isn't he?”

“Don't mind him. He'll need to repay me for a the next 5 years at least.”

“That's very cruel of you Kim Myungsoo.”

“I beg to differ. My baby begs to differ as well.”

“I thought I was your baby?” Naeun laughed.

“My, haven't you gotten bolder?” A smirk made it way to his lips.

 

“You have a fever. I should let you rest.” Naeun blushed standing up from the bed. But Myungsoo wasn't going to let her get away so fast. He caught her by the waist and he didn't even know where the energy came from but she ended up on the bed with Myungsoo dangerously hovering above her.

“I have a fever for you.”

“Myungsoo I'm serious you're 39 degrees!”

“Because you're here.”

“So being sick turns you into an absolute fool?”

“I was already a fool for you.”

“Aish this is frustrating.” She rolled her eyes and curled her fingers.

“I don't care. I'm just overjoyed you're here.”

“But I have to go in like 30 minutes. My advanced landscape painting class will be waiting for me.”

“I'm sure I have ways to convince you to stay.” He raised his eyebrows suggestively.

“Try me.”She stared daringly at him and he leaned down to kiss her and she responded positively, throwing her hands around his neck. He pulled her closer by the hip and she made a small noise of appreciation but didn't move away. Her hands trailed his back, like she was trying to memorize every tense muscle.

 

“Did you undress me?” He broke away, suddenly aware of the skin on skin.

“Don't make it sound so ual! You were sweating and heating up.” She said, a pretty flush to her skin now too obvious.

“I am hot but you could've just asked… instead of taking matters into your own hands.”

“Y-you were asleep and geez Kim Myungsoo! Stop it!” She swatted him on the arm.

“Well I would have to call the police now wouldn't I? Since you've taken advantage of me in an unconscious state. That's a serious offence.” He smiled wanly, a hand pulling her leg up from under her knees so now that he rested in between her.

“Gosh Myungsoo.” She sighed, slumping into his pillows.

“What? You prefer playing doctor-patient? Because I would be all up for that too.”

“Oh great… being ill turns you too?”

“You obviously do not know much about men.” He chuckled.

“No of course I don't.” She played with his hair and admitting honestly that she was inexperienced in all of this.

“I forgot what a good girl you are. I'm sorry I have to be the one to ruin your innocence.” He flashed her a flirty smirk before it melted back to his boyish grin.

“I look forward to it.”

 

His head dipped to kiss the side of her face, trailing down to her jaw then to the crevice of her neck She muttered something incomprehensible and closed her eyes as her hands combed through his hair.

“This is not what I had in mind when I came to visit.”

“Funny.This is exactly what's been running through mine. I always knew that my bed sheets would become you so well.” They did, Naeun's blush was beautiful and her skin pale against the dark satin sheets.

“Oh!” She gasped when his lips met hotly with the skin of her shoulder.

“Sorry.”He pulled away abruptly panting.

“No um… it was fine.I… um …” He chuckled softly when she was so flustered. He cupped her face softly in his hands.

“I won't do anything you don't want me to. Okay?”

“Okay.” She nodded, still a little breathless.He moved away from the bed and grabbed a T-shirt from his wardrobe and Naeun watched silent, against the headboard biting her lip.

 

“I heard the microwave ding.”

“I brought you chicken broth.”

“You made it yourself?”

“Actually it's shop bought.”

“You bought it yourself?”

“Actually Hayoung bought it.”

He laughed and snorted. “Well I appreciate the effort. I don't really need the broth though, I'd rather much have you.”

He got a pillow thrown at him.

 

“Myungsoo I have to go in a few minutes.” She picked up her bags as he ate the broth.

“Already?” He asked, a twinge of sadness in his voice as he looked at her forlornly.

“My class starts in 5 and I have to walk 2 blocks. I'm sorry I have to go.” She sent him an apologetic look.

“It's fine, I'm sorry I troubled you.”

“You are no trouble… well maybe you are.” She giggled, placing a peck on his cheek.

“But I'm worth all the trouble aren't I?”

“You wish. Take care don't forget your medicine and drink plenty of water.”

“I know. ”He answered kissing the top of her head.“I'm feeling better already because of you. Thank you.”

“You're welcome.”

 

And then she was gone, rushing to her class with the faintest of perfume on his bed sheets and her lipstick on his mug. Maybe if he fell asleep he would have dreams of her and what divine visions would be…

He couldn't help but remember every touch they shared and how much he craved her. Son Naeun was spoiling him with her sweet presence. She was cloying and addictive and he knew he would never be able to forget her.

But then the vibration of his phone shook him out of his thoughts.

 

“Hello?” He answered with a chirpy voice.

“Myungsoo.” The voice made him freeze.

“Sunggyu hyung?”

 

 

 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

A/n:

Lol they're progressing fast are they not???  I oh so love comments ! So don't be shy and drop a few!!!

I go back to boarding school tomorrow!!!! /breaks down into tears/

Well...thanks for reading guys .