Gift

Bound

 

 

 

Chapter 33: Gift

 

There was only one main street in Mont St Michel for the tourists to go up to the monastery or down towards the mainland. During low tide, the island looked attached to the mainland by a small strip of land. During high tide, Mont St Michel was a magical island that stood out like a castle out of a fairytale.

They arrived in the afternoon when the tide was just about to pull in towards shore. Myungsoo carried her luggage as well as his simultaneously despite Naeun's protests that he did not have to be so chivalrous with her. But Kim Myungsoo was stubborn as ever and instead Naeun took charge of actually leading them to the hotel.

Though Naeun still nagged at him that she hated being a damsel until they found the hotel. It was a cosy inn tucked under a large sign in the main street but as they entered, the reception lead to a larger courtyard before branching off to the rooms.

“What time is high tide?” Myungsoo inquired in French to the receptionist.

“About 6pm.”

“Thank you.” He smiled, taking the keys whilst Naeun quickly grabbed her bag. She ignored his glare and lead the way towards their rooms.

“Eunji made me get separate rooms. However they are adjoining rooms.” He smirked, opening her room first before going to unlock his room. Curious, Naeun peeked through and slowly entered her room, putting the luggage to the side. The room was cosy and quaint with the walls covered with tapestries and the bed furnished with fluffy quilts and pillows. But what really took her breath away were the views. The sea spread out beneath her feet like a blue carpet. The wind hit her face and she was refreshed by the scent of the ocean, so clean and crisp unlike the polluted streets of Paris.

 

“It's beautiful, isn't it?” A voice came from behind and she jumped slightly.
“Sorry … like I said, it's an adjoining room.” Myungsoo gestured to a door Naeun didn't notice.

“Here.” He pressed the keys into her hands.

“I'll leave it to you whether to open the door. But I must warn you if you do… you might catch me in an compromising position.” He winked but Naeun merely shoved him slightly.

“We have some time before the ball tonight. Do you want to rest after the long drive?” Naeun asked him.

“Hmmm… some rest would be nice, how about we rest awhile and then by 7 we have to get ready.”

“Okay. But I might just sit here and enjoy the breeze.” Naeun laughed as she leaned against the balcony.

“I want to stay like this forever with you. It's so quite and peaceful.” He sighed deeply, pulling her back into his arms as they watched the waves.

“I would like that.” She smiled, looking up to him hopefully.

 


 

The sky outside was turning dark when Naeun's doorbell rang.

“A minute!” Naeun called from the bathroom where she was fixing her makeup and she dashed to the door. She opened the door and was surprised to see the manager holding a black breathable suit cover.

 

“Miss Son, a delivery for you.” She passed her the bag.

“Umm… this must be a mistake. I'm not expecting a delivery.” Naeun murmured, confused.

“Hmm… the hotel manager checked her tab. This is delivered to a Miss Son Naeun, your friend already signed for it.”

“My friend?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.

“A Mr Kim Myungsoo. He said to deliver to your room.”

“Um okay. Thank you.” She said, still dazed.

She hung it by the window latch for a second, hesitant on what stunt Myungsoo was pulling now.

Surely not.

 

She pulled the zipper down in one swoosh and gasped.

“Myungsoo!” She banged at his door, before realising she had the key.

“You better be decent!” Naeun opened the door with her eyes closed.

“Did you get my present?” Myungsoo asked, slinging a towel over his neck, like it made a difference to the fact that he wasn't wearing a shirt.

“Yah! I asked you if you were decent!”

“We've known each other for how long Naeun, are you seriously still shy with me?” He smirked that almighty annoying smirk.

“That's not the point! Why did you send me a dress?”

“You don't like it?” His smirk faltered into a straight line.

“No… of course I like it but I wish you would stop wasting your money on me.” She sighed, rubbing her temples, trying to ignore the hurt on his face.

 

“Naeun mon coeur… it's never a waste to spend money on someone you love.”

“Myungsoo… I tolerate your extravagant spending but it doesn't mean I like you spending exorbitant for me.” She chastised him.

“It's my money. If you need to know, it's the commission I got from my photography not from my parents if that's what you're so worried about.” He waved his hand in dismissal.

“But Myungsoo that makes me feel even worse!”

“Why? I like spending things on you! I like to see you happy! It's not just your happiness but mine as well because seeing you smile makes me happy. Naeun, I would give you the world.” He sighed the last sentence, striding to hold her by her waist.

“But I don't need the world.” She whispered, looking at him with those sad eyes.

“Please understand that I love you immensely. I want to buy you pretty things and take you to nice places and occasionally… buy you nice clothes.” He explained diplomatically.

“But Myungsoo, I'm just me. I have nothing to offer but myself.”

“But I don't need anything but you.” He smiled, leaning in to press a peck on her lips.

“You make me happy enough.”

“But I still feel bad.”

 

“If it makes you feel better, it didn't cause a dent in my wallet. And Eunji pitched in as well. She was the one who helped me choose the dress.”

“Don't tell me you want to dress me up like Eunji too.” She groaned, thumping her head on his chest.

“Trust me when I say, if I had it my way, you wouldn't be wearing anything at all.” He chuckled softly in her ear, his voice deeper than usual, hands playing with the tie of her robe. Naeun was all too aware of the fact that they were flush against each other, and she was only wearing a robe and he was in fact, shirtless.

Naeun pulled away, her face burning with embarrassment.

 

“Ah seriously… I'll just wear the dress.” Naeun stuttered, stumbling back to her room.

“That's my girl! You know how much I love you.” Myungsoo hollered.

She closed the door and silently prayed that Myungsoo doesn't do anything crazy like buy her a wardrobe, or a car… or a house…She shook her head. This relationship is gonna take a lot of compromising on both their behalf. She sighed.

Kim Myungsoo will forever be driving her crazy with his shenanigans.

She pulled the dress out of the suit cover and held her breath.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

/////////////////////////////////////////////

 

A/N:

So... I have been pretty busy slash lazy lately so I'm sorry. Theres so much school stuff despite it being the holidays and 's gotta be done. Sorry. Well... next year is the last year, so I'll be busier. Heck I'm already as busy as ever but frankly I don't see myself not being busy.

Enjoy the holidays guys! Don't be like me who's constantly studying, editing, attending classes etc...

Ah really the holidays should be enjoyed more !!!!

Thank you for reading and please drop a few comments!!! ^^