Trap

Bound

 

 

Chapter 18: Trap

 

Myungsoo parked his car in front of a duplex not far from the Château de Versailles. It was a regal building, blending into the very formal and immaculate surroundings.

Naeun could almost see the grand gold gates of Versailles and she secretly wondered about going there again.

 

“Woof!” Lady barked in her arms to get her attention.

“Yes… yes… you're home now.”

 

Myungsoo unloaded the all of Lady's luggage before punching in the code to the enter the upscale apartment, which lead them to the main courtyard.  She vaguely heard the melody of a sweet violin and she wondered if she was hearing things.But when she and Myungsoo approached the door she heard it clearly through the thick hardwood door. Myungsoo opened the door with a set of keys he found hidden under a flower pot and walked in without a care in the world.

The apartment was opulent and lush with high ornamental plaster ceilings and an upright Steinway taking centre stage; it's glossy body gleamed in the evening sun. The house was furnished with beautiful taste and Naeun could immediately tell this was probably one of Myungsoo's rich friends.

 

“Hyung!” He called out and the sound echoed through out the pristine walls.

 

“Myungsoo! Lady!” A man appeared, looking abnormally cute in his smart suit His eyes were distinctively Asian and his hair was styled up. Naeun set down Lady on the polished marble floors and the pooch quickly ran to her owner in pure joy.

“Woof!”

 

He knelt down and caught Lady in his arms, her soft Blenheim fur and she his fingers affectionately.

“Ahh… you must've miss me. Am I right girl?”

“Woof!”

He stood up with Lady still in his arms.

 

“And who is this? Myungsoo have you been hiding all the pretty girls to yourself? You sly fox.”

Naeun blushed unconsciously, not knowing how much prettier she looked.

 

“This is Naeun, a friend.”

“Enchante. I'm Henry, Henry Lau. Myungsoo really knows all the pretty girls.” He said before taking her hand and kissing the back of it gallantly.

“Enchante Henry.”

 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes at his hyung playacting.

“Aish jinjja… why are you guys acting nice all of a sudden?”

 

“Shut up. I'm always nice. Don't make me look bad in front of a pretty lady.”

He reprimanded Myungsoo whilst pouting.

 

“Woof!” Lady took her owner's side.

 

“Don't mind him. Myungsoo's just mad I'm redeeming my favour from him by making him take care of Lady.”

“What did you do for him to owe you such a favour?”

“Oh I was his wingman.” Henry smiled impishly.

“Hyung… don't rat me out like that!”

“And I thought all you needed was your charm.” Naeun shook her head and laughed.

“Myungsoo would be lost without me.”

 

“Your exaggeration is really far fetched hyung.” Myungsoo's eyes narrowed.

“Anyway, thanks for taking care of my Lady for me. She wasn't too bad was she?” Henry turned his attention towards Myungsoo.The latter opened his mouth to retort something rude but Naeun beat him to it.

 

“She was a darling.”

“So you helped take care of her?”

“Ofcourse. She's lovely.” Naeun smiled towards the adorable Spaniel.

“Myungsoo… you're really sly for using my darling as your lady magnet.”

“I did not!” He sputtered with embarrassment.

 

“Then it's such a pleasure to meet a dog lover like yourself Naeun. Myungsoo's really dreadful with animals.”

“Tell me about it.” Naeun scoffed, remembering the time at the Jardin du Luxembourg.

“Yah! Are you two done insulting me?” He went to sulk in the corner.

“Sorry Myung… forgot you were even there.” Henry joked.

“Well that's reassuring…”

 

Naeun suddenly turned to Henry.

“Was that you playing Wieniawski?”

“Yes I play piano and violin. I'm training to be a conductor at the Paris conservatoire.I actually just got back from a Wagner competition in Austria. Don't tell me you're a classical enthusiast as well?”

“No, I just…I like guys that play instruments.” Naeun shyly admitted, twirling a strand with her lithe fingers.

 

Why was she acting so flirtatious? The thought invaded Myungsoo's subconscious.

“I play guitar!”He added, with flushing mad cheeks.

“Stop bragging Myungsoo.” Henry tutted and waved him away.

 

“Shall I play something for you?”Henry asked, his eyes twinkling happily, almost childlike.

“No, it's okay. I mean you don't have too.”

“Don't sweat it. It's the least I could do to the angel that helped take care of my beloved Lady.” He set the Lady down on the floor.

“Hyung stop showing off!”

“I'm not Myungsoo! That's what you do.”

 

He took out a violin case from inside an armoire and unclasped it revealing a gorgeous violin.

 

“It's beautiful.”

“You're beautiful.”Henry turned to wink at her. Myungsoo rolled his eyes for the nth time that day at his hyung's obvious wooing.But Naeun simply laughed, her sweet voice ringing through the room.

 

“I see where Myungsoo gets his charms.”

“Please don't lump me with that clown.” Myungsoo coughed deliberately loud.

“You're just jealous of my amazing wit and humour.” Henry scowled.

 

“Can I accompany you?” Naeun asked eagerly sitting on the stool, her eyes glowed adoringly at the piano, her fingers playing a full scale from middle C on the ivory keys then tilting up gracefully to scan the music sheet.

“It would be an honour.” He said, placing the instrument gently on his shoulder.

“Any requests?”

 

“What you were playing before. I vaguely remember how to play it.” Naeun suggested her fingers retracing the notes on the piano.As the sharp notes of Wieniawski's Polonaise Brilliante filled the air Myungsoo couldn't help but feel inferior about the partnership between the two.

 

He was awed and at the same time; almost afraid.

 


 

The Châteux de Versailles was so vast it was probably the size of a city on it own.

And it was in that miniature city that Naeun seemed dazed in.

 

She had forgotten how meticulously structured the gardens were, not a weed in sight and not a flower out of place. She had forgotten how beautiful the rococo architecture was and how vivid the swirls of the marble is. It was like being there with him gave her a fresher view of everything.Naeun was busy sketching a bronze fountain from a bench, the charcoal staining her fingers. Myungsoo sat on the edge of the fountain, he just came back from buying coffee for them.

 

“Draw me like one of your french girls.” He spoke out loud whilst posing ridiculously , trying to capture her attention. She merely shook her head at his amusing antics.

“I only draw things I like. And Titanic? Seriously?”

“It's the greatest love story ever told.”

“That would be Romeo and Juliet.Or at least I think so…”

 

“You really believe in love at first sight?” His eyes stared at hers like they were peering into her soul.

So deep and real.

 

Despite the jesting tone of his voice, there was an intensity to his gaze and Naeun didn't know if she should even answer him. 

Or if she could.

 

She looked away feeling hot, her eyes looking at the grain of the cartridge paper to distract herself. The blush spread to her neck when he sat next to her, nonchalantly sipping his coffee.

 

“Do you?”She squeaked, taking a small gulp of her sweetened coffee.

“Do I what?”

“Believe in love at first sight?” She dared to ask him.

 

“You have charcoal on your jaw. Clumsy.” He reached his hand out to rub off the grey smudge at the edge of her cheek.

 

Naeun in a breath of surprise at the sudden contact. Her skin was sensitive to every ridge of his fingers, but she still didn't pull away. Instead her eyes found his; glowing warm chocolate from the sunlight.Myungsoo's eyes however, were focused on her full lips, he was leaning even more precariously towards her.

 

As if he wanted to kiss her.

And for a split second, she wanted him to.

 

To close the gap between them.

To steal a kiss from him, under the shade of oak trees and blue skies.

 

But despite of her desires, she retracted back, tearing her eyes away from his in one swift movement.The embarrassment enveloping her wholly.

 

“Sorry” He apologised, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. Perplexed but unaffected by the rejection.

“Don't be.You didn't answer my question though…” Her words momentarily flustered him.

“I didn't use to believe in love at first sight.But…”

 

A small smile spread across his face as he stared in the distance dreamily.

 

“I'm starting to.”

 

 

 

 

"Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high."

-Unknown

 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

 

Okay so I finally updated !!!! haha sorry...

busy busy busy.

Plz do leave some comments and I might make time to write extra b4 i go off to boarding school!