Hidden

Bound

 

 

Chapter 31: Hidden

 

Maybe it was the way Chorong was too kind and was free with her smiles. She made her comfortable but in a way she was still scared she could slip up.

Chorong chattered on and on about her wedding preparations, the hydrangeas and the chocolate ganache filling Woohyun wanted for the cake.

When they finally arrived at the wedding boutique, the women were ushered into a private space where there were racks upon racks of white dresses. They were all covered in gems, swarovski crystals and french lace.

Naeun gaped at the large proportions of the room, at the centre was a heightened platform with a 360 degree mirrors.

She sat on the lush sofa as Chorong tried her dress and when she stepped onto the platform in her dress Naeun couldn't help but be awed at the elder's beauty. Chorong was close to tears but she smiled happily nonetheless. Her chestnut curls tumbled down her back and her hands curled around a simple bouquet of white roses. The dress was simple, with no lace, no diamonds, but the structure was artfully done. Every tuck and drape of the silk was done just right that it accentuate her petite figure just right. Everything right down to the way the fabric shimmered in the light was just perfect.

She looked perfect.

 

“You look amazing. Woohyun is lucky to have you.”

“You think so?” She asked, touching the petals of the roses.

“Obviously.” Naeun chuckled thinking of what light Chorong was to such an obnoxious man.

“It wasn't always so easy you know.” She smiled slightly.

“Relationships never are.” Naeun offered.

“True. Now onto the real event. I've also picked out some bridesmaids dresses.”

 

“It's a good thing I'm not your bridesmaid.” Naeun chirped.

“True… you're much thinner and taller… but you'll do for a substitute.”

“Chorong that sounds like a terrible idea.”

“Oh please Naeun…” Chorong grinned, dragging Naeun to the changing room with a killer grip.

The bridesmaids dress was the colour of late sunset by the beach, of purple and mauve fading to light blue then white, the skirt sweeping the floor. However terrible it sounded it actually looked very flattering on Naeun's figure. Chorong even made her a bouquet of bluebells and irises.

“See... you look gorgeous.” Chorong pushed her towards the mirror and to her very own distaste, Naeun stepped on it.

It was like being caught at every imperfect angle.

When she heard a camera clicked she whipped her head back in horror. Chorong grinned,her smartphone in hand.

“A little present for uri Myungsoo.”

“Well… he does love his photos.” Naeun said wryly.

“He does. I very much like this colour, I'm sure Bomi would approve.” She muttered to herself whilst fiddling with her own wedding dress.

“Since you've went through all this trouble for me I'm going to repay you with a little treat. The champs Elyseé is not that far is it?”

 


 

They perused in and out of the shops and boutiques, Chorong picked up a few pieces but Naeun was avoided even looking at he things and their extravagant price tags. But it was in a small boutique off of the Champs Elyseé that Naeun found a pair of teardrop diamond pearl earrings so lovely that they reminded her of the things Grace Kelly used to wear. But she shifted her eyes away when she saw Chorong glance at her and she pretended to look at the necklaces instead. Naeun definitely did not see Chorong subtly slip a note and her credit card to the shopkeeper. Nor did she notice when the shopkeeper passed her the velvet box and an invoice.

After an hour or so, they finally stopped window shopping and sat down at Laudree for some tea and pastries. Naeun totally devoured an eclair whilst Chorong opted to by some macaroons for her fiancé as well.

“So… I hope Myungsoo's treating you well?” She asked, taking a sip of her coffee and piercing the chocolate opera with a fork.

“Better than most guys.”

“Of course… what guy wouldn't treat you well?” Chorong chuckled but it hit right home to Naeun.

It made her remember.
Such terrible memories.

 

“Are you happy Chorong?” Naeun asked, trying to shift the topic.

“Happiness is indefinite. We never know what happens in the future. But yes I'm happy. You must wonder why I'm with someone like Woohyun?”

“Oh, no. I didn't mean it that way.” Naeun's eyes widened.

“I was never meant to marry Woohyun. I was arranged to marry Sunggyu.” She said in an offhand manner.


“Oh…” Naeun was speechless. What was she suppose to respond to that?

“His loss.” But it sounded weak on her part to. Chorong simply smiled.

“You could say that I turned a good business opportunity into my own version of a chaebol drama. Sunggyu was kind, in a way I knew I wouldn't marry him. He was cold and distant despite that we became friends. But I never loved him and he never loved me. When my liason with Woohyun was found out he had no hatred towards me or the fact that I left him. Woohyun however... they play games, as the Kim brothers do. Sunngyu was annoyed to say the least that he had something stolen something from him. Like his favourite toy was taken from him and he decided to throw a tantrum.”

“And that tantrum was aimed at Woohyun?”

“Aha! Clever Naeun. It didn't really waiver Woohyun from pursuing me though.”

“Why are you telling me all this?”

“Because even if you are clever, these people are always one step ahead. Secrets never stay secrets. But I'm sure you know that. I'm sure your mother taught you well.” Naeun flinched at the mention of her mother.

“You know my mother.” Naeun said quietly. Her instincts were screaming at her to run but she felt paralysed on the chair.

“I saw her as a child. When she danced Le Sylphide at the Marriansky Theater when I was 10.”

“My mother-”Chorong cut her off before she could finish.

“My family is ashamed of what I've done. Of what I've caused, despite the fact that the company collaboration worked out. They wanted me to marry the first son, so that my own son could inherit the fortune. So that my name would not be forgotten.They are ashamed that I'm a seductress, a , a .” She remains composed despite the fact that she was repeating the insults that were hurled at her.

“You don't care. You have Woohyun.”

“I do and perhaps that's all that matters. Despite everything, I see Woohyun as he is. As the boy who has never been loved and yet he gives his to others so willingly. It's crazy to think about how we ended up engaged the first place. Of course my family pretended that I was betrothed to him from the very start whilst whispering behind my back.”

 

Chorong fished a velvet box from her bag and passed it to Naeun across the table.

Naeun knew what it was before even touching it.

“Is this bribery?” She raised and eyebrow.

“No. It's a present. For accompanying me today. I didn't mean to offend you. I'm warning you Son Naeun.”

Naeun didn't remember telling Chorong her last name. But she spoke it as if it was a curse.

Perhaps Chorong knew her more than she thought.

“You are not as well hidden as you think you are Naeun and believe me when I say they are always watching.” She leaned in close.

“I'm not afraid of them.” Naeun said firmly,unconvincingly.

“But you should be afraid of what they can do. You know that very well when you left Seoul don't you?” So maybe Chorong did know who she was. The thought made her shiver.

 

“Are you going to tell Myungsoo?”

“I'm not a snitch. It's not my place to tell him. I don't even know the whole story Naeun.” She shrugged, taking another bite of her opera.

“Then tell me this. What am I suppose to do?”

Chorong leaned back in her chair and looked outside as it started to drizzle.

“Stay hidden.”

 


 

“Myungsoo!” Woohyun impatiently banged on his younger brothers door.

“I'm only letting you in because you're my brother and we're blood related. But know that I would not hesitate to kick you out immediately if you piss me off.” Myungsoo groaned as he finally opened the door.

Woohyun took the absolute liberty to make himself at home by raiding his fridge and plopping down onto the sofa. He passed his brother a beer as well.

Myungsoo took a swig and hopped that maybe the alcohol could make him forget how annoying Woohyun was.

 

“Why are you here?”

“So rude Myungsoo. I'm your hyung.You're always exuding with charm my dear brother though I do wish you'd be less hostile. After all, I'm not Sunggyu.”

“You're not but your presence still has an affect.”

“I thought the only presence that affected you was a Miss Son Naeun?”

“She's my Chorong.”Myungsoo sighed and Woohyun finished his beer.

“I see that. But do not think that because we're getting married that it's all going to be okay. You see what they do to her. How they ostracised her to no end.”

Even Myungsoo knew their ordeal was tough considering that Sunggyu added more fuel to the fire.

“What are you trying to say?” He turned to Woohyun but the elder rolled his eyes and jabbed him at the chest.

“What I'm trying to say is that you should guard your heart because you never know when they're going to take her away.”

“They can't take her away.”

“Sunggyu does what he likes. It's a good thing he actually likes Chorong or maybe I'd be in a ditch somewhere.” He snorted.

“And what of me hyung? How long am I suppose to live like I'm in exile?”

“Until the person that exiled you dies and believe me kid, it takes more than two to kill a hamster that cunning. We might not see eye to eye Myungsoo but I know what it feels to see the person you love get hurt.” 

 

Woohyun stared at him,trying to convey the message. That Chorong got hurt.

Naeun might get hurt to and for once Myungsoo understood his brother. He understood the consequences.

But that would not stop him.

 

 

 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

 

A/N :

Okay, so I'll try my very best to hopefully finish this story before next year!  Please do comment !!! I do love comments sooooo much! Thanks for reading ! ^^