Muse

Bound

 

 

Chapter 13: Muse

 

Myungsoo was struck by two things when he saw Naeun staring at his photo;

 

1. She looks like a goddess in white.

And 2. I'm screwed.

 

He felt her horror as her eyes scanned the photo, Myungsoo suddenly felt the urgency to hide. Instead he stood like a statue, glued to the floor. Her eyes sought out the perpetrator through out the packed room. When her eyes fell on him, the rage surged within her. She slipped past through the crowd and for once Myungsoo felt utterly terrified of the impending possibilities.

 

“Naeun… look I know you're probably mad at me for not asking your permission-” He stuttered when she was finally close enough to him.

“Heck yes I'm mad.” She cut him off.

 

Damn, she seemed really pissed.

 

“But my photography teacher-” Myungsoo started to explain but he was interrupted again.

“Myungsoo mon cher!

 

No.

 

No way could Naeun and Madame Astride meet!

This will be a catastrophe! His conscience screamed at him.

 

“Ah Myungsoo! This must be your muse. Your girlfriend too I see.” His teacher said lightly whilst pulling a fake smile.

“We're not dating.” Myungsoo denied the insinuation.

“Not yet.” Hoya and Eunji chimed in at the worst timing ever. Both Myungsoo and Naeun shot a dirty glare at the couple.

“Ah… I see… Tres belle… would you consider modeling for the art department?” The lady suddenly asked Naeun on a capricious whim.

“Pardon moi?”

Naeun raised her eyebrows totally caught off guard by the preposition.

 

“Naeun is not going to pose for the art department!” Myungsoo angrily reacted to his teacher.

“Such a shame… she's an interesting specimen. But I understand why you wouldn't want your girlfriend to go in front of the art department.”

 

“She's not my girlfriend!” He insisted again.

 

“Whatever you say Myungsoo mon cher.” His teacher smiled and wafted away to  embarrass some other students of hers.

 

Naeun turned to look at him as if to say; what the hell.

 

“You look beautiful by the way.” He blurted out without a thought.

 

Myungsoo really is hopeless with angry women.

 

“Don't change the subject!” She retorted, haughty and annoyed.

“Look I know you're mad.”

“Clearly.”

“I should've asked your permission.”

“That would have been the right thing to do.” She was getting snappy at him.

 

“My art teacher insisted on that photo. I couldn't say no. I'm sorry.”  He apologised sincerely.

She sighed. “I'm just a bit..  overwhelmed.”

 

“There's a reason I took that picture… you looked... enchanting.” He said softly.

Naeun avoided his eyes but coughed to distract herself.

 

“Just bare one more hour of this hypocrisy, then I'll promise to take you to dinner later.” He whispered under his breath whilst taking hold of her right hand.

“You're really good at bribing people.” Naeun grumbled.

“Just one more hour please.” He pleaded her before he caught eye of his teacher beckoning him to meet someone. “I gotta go.”

 

Naeun felt like a lost sheep for the next one hour.

She wandered through the room, trying her best to avoid the whispers that followed her, or the straight-out stares from the occasional art critic. Eunji and Hoya were sitting outside somewhere probably making out or something and Naeun couldn't help but feel like they had abandoned her to the wolves.

Every so often Myungsoo's eyes would search for her and reassure her that she wasn't alone in the alien environment.

 

“Okay. You ready?” He asked after finally finishing all his necessary self promotion.

“I was ready an hour ago.”

“I would have left an hour ago.” He insisted whilst ushering her out of the gallery.

 

They met up with Eunji and Hoya talking to a school friend. Then they all mutually agreed to eat at a bistro in the Latin Quarter. 10 minutes of walking later, and they were comfortable seated at Myungsoo and Hoya's favourite haunt. Myungsoo pulled out a chair for Naeun and then settled next to her whilst Eunji and Hoya were already flipping through the menu.

“They have one of the best selection of red wine in all of Paris.” Myungsoo said.

“Don't mind Myungsoo... he's a wine enthusiast.” Hoya explained whilst the younger choose the wine with such meticulous care.

 

A bottle of Merlot came in a wine chiller and Hoya was quick to crack open the bottle before splashing some in everyone's wine glass.

Hoya suddenly coughed to get their attention.

 

“To Myungsoo,” Hoya started his toast.
“And his muse.” He grinned mischievously towards Naeun.

 

Naeun shook her head slightly before raising her glass and joining in as everyone shouted,“Santé!”

Cheers!

 

The food soon them came interrupting the friendly atmosphere and diverting everyone's attention. The waiters served a generous helping of boeuf bourguignon, cream of chestnut soup and a simple green salad dressed in a light vinaigrette.

They were all probably salivating from all the smells of good food and yet they didn't waste time to dig into the grub.

“You have to try this mousse!” Eunji said whilst tempting Hoya with a spoon full of chocolate mousse in front of his face. He took the bait and ate from her spoon.

Naeun and Myungsoo looked at each other knowingly.

 

“I get what you mean now… it's a bit… distracting to say the least.” Naeun whispered to him.

“Tell me about it... They should just get a room.” Myungsoo muttered indignantly.

“What are you two whispering about?” Eunji asked sharply.

Hoya frowned. “Suspicious.”

 

In the end Hoya and Myungsoo fought over who would foot the bill. Though Myungsoo knew Hoya just wanted to prove his alpha male image to Eunji. The younger relented, knowing very well that he would probably get nagged again and again about the topic until he died.

 

Hoya and Eunji walked side by side like a pair of lovers, their hands clasped firmly in each others. Their eyes wondered around at the buildings but they were fully aware of each others presence.

Even more, they were fully aware of their friends presence.

 

Myungsoo and Naeun knew this was the night.

 

“We should start our plan now.” Myungsoo said to Naeun as they walked towards the Seine.

“This is going to be an interesting night...” Naeun chuckled as she wrapped her hands naturally around Myungsoo's arm.

 

They were playing cupid.

 

Not knowing the consequences of toying with love.

 

 

 

"Mes nuits sont plus belle que vos jours."

My nights are more beautiful than your days.

-Jacek Zajac

 

 

//////////////////////////////////////
 

A/n:

 

I literally just got back from a holiday trip. well.. my mom went for work but my dad and i just tagged along.

Its almost 1 in the morning and yet I'm still typing this. i must be crazy.

anyway, be sure to drop a comment or two !  ^_^