Bouquet

Bound

 

 

Chapter 42: Bouquet 

 

Naeun woke up in his arms, his heart resounding in her ears. She tried to untangle their limbs and get out of bed but he pulled her against him even tighter. She let out a squeak. There was only sheets between them.

“Sleep.” He mumbled into her hair and she tried again to pry his hands off her waist.

“I said sleep.” A deep growl came from his throat.

 

“It's 10 o'clock already.” She pointed out, though she was still smilling.

“So be it.”

“But I have a class at one.” She protested whilst pouting.

“What about our private class?” Myungsoo opened his eyes abruptly.

“What class?”

“The study of human anatomy.” He smirked and she laughed. A sweet ringing sound that echoed through the room.

“I'm sure you had enough time to study that last night.” Naeun eased into his arms once again.

“I don't think I remember much.”

“Then I'll have to jog your memory back, wouldn't I?”

“I wouldn't mind, songsaengnim.” He leaned in to kiss her tentatively.

 

And then it wasn't so tentative anymore.

 

Suddenly she was under him and her hands were tangled into his hair. A warm palm lay flat on her stomach and she leaned in deeper to kiss him back. Naeun unconsciously let out a sigh as his hands brushed her sides.

“Gosh, you're excited. I thought last night was enough.”

“I don't think there's such a thing as enough when it comes to you.” Myungsoo laughed and pushed her hair back and caressed her cheek and he instead leaned his forehead on her shoulder.

“Unfortunately… we should really conclude this session because I have another class.” She whispered softly.

“Good morning, Naeun.” He smiled, taking her back into his arms.

“Good morning and thank you.”

“Thank you for what?”

“For last night and the nights before and for the nights in the future.”

“Thank you too. For telling me. For the truth. For last night, thank you for trusting me.”

“You're welcome.” She kissed his cheek.

 

“I don't think I can get out of bed at this rate.” Myungsoo leaned on the headboard.

“I'm beginning understand why Hoya stays over so much.” She fiddled with the edge of the comforter.

“They're pretty loud aren't they?” He asked bluntly.

“Myungsoo!” She buried her face into a pillow, her face was red from embarrassment.

“I thought we were over being shy.” He , twirling a lock of her hair around his fingertips.

“Fine, yes they're very loud!”

“You're adorable you know?” He chuckled.

“Eunji's going to start to throw a fit if I don't go down before the food gets cold. It's her turn to make breakfast.”

“I didn't think Jung Eunji was ever capable of making a decent meal.” Myungsoo gasped and she threw him a playful punch.

“Come on. I'm famished.”

“I'm sorry for making you tired and famished from our… activities.” He smirked as he put on his shirt.

“Eunji is going to whack you with a spatula if you bring that mouth into the kitchen.” Naeun warned, though her cheeks burned red.

They quickly showered (separately) despite Myungsoo's attempt at persuading her.

 

The smell of honey and roasted peanuts wafted from the kitchen as Eunji flipped another pancake. She has set the table for three and poured fresh coffee for Naeun and Myungsoo.

“It's about time lovebirds. I thought you'd already made a nest up there.” Eunji drawled sarcastically and grabbed the milk to pass to Naeun. She knew her friend liked her coffee with a splash of milk.

“Thanks unnie.”

“I wonder where she and Hoya nest.” Myungsoo said under his breath as he sipped his coffee.

“Now lookie here, Myung. Don't give me that sass in the morning or I will not hesitate to kick you out of my kitchen.” She waved a spatula at him.

“My kitchen.” Naeun corrected her.

“You've been hanging out too much with him.” Eunji groaned. Naeun laughed and Myungsoo grinned at Eunji knowingly.

“Aren't I an amazing influence?” He asked aloud and Eunji snorted.

“Naeun ah, instead of paying attention to your stupid boyfriend, can you help me make a new batch of coffee? I think I need to wake up from this bad dream.”

“Sure Eunji.” Naeun smiled and went over to get a teapot.

The sudden sound of the doorbell made the two look at each other.

 

“Are you expecting someone this early? Hoya?” She asked Eunji.

“No. He would've called ahead. Wait-” Eunji started to untie her apron but Myungsoo stood instead.

“It's okay, let me get it.” He offered, already sprinting for the door. He opened the door and was surprised to find a delivery man holding an insanely large and sumptuous bouquet.

“A delivery for Miss Son.”

“Naeun! There's a delivery for you. It's a bouquet of flowers!” Myungsoo shouted from the door.

“Just sign it for me please. My hands are messy.” She called back. Myungsoo signed for the package and took the bouquet of tiger lilies and frowned.

“Don't tell me you have another student admirer I don't know about. That Jaehyo douche bag?” Myungsoo inquired sceptically.

“Don't be ridiculous. I wasn't expecting a delivery.” She called out. He found a card tucked on the paper and read aloud.

“You are cordially invited to the wedding of… Kim Jongin and Jung Soojung.” He looked up and at the exact moment Naeun dropped the teapot in her hands and it shattered onto the floor into a million pieces.

“Oh my God! Did I hear something break?” Eunji's high pitched shrill came from the kitchen.

She winced at the loud sound and the stinging hot water. Myungsoo immediately got up on his feet and swept her in his arms, placing her gently on the kitchen table top and rummaging the fridge for some frozen peas. He made her hold the peas as he searched her for other injuries.

Naeun bit her lip as she watched him wrapped ice in a tea towel before pressing it gently in her thigh where the water had burned her slightly.

 

“Does it hurt anywhere else?” He asked softly. She shook her head but kept quiet.

“Are you cut?” He asked, examining her fingers and feet and she shook her head but let him do so anyway.

“My God, Naeun are you alright?” Eunji asked as she passed Myungsoo the first aid kit.

“I'm sorry. That was clumsy of me.” She said and he tucked a stray hair behind her ear.

“You're trembling. What's wrong?”

Eunji picked up the piece of card that had fallen onto the floor in the chaos.

“A wedding invitation to… Kai's wedding? This must be some mistake.” Eunji said, rubbing her temple in distraught.

“This isn't some mistake. It's a cruel joke. She wanted me to have this! Eunji, she sent me lilies.” Their eyes meet in understanding and Eunji sighed.

“What's going on?” Myungsoo raised his voice. And though her hands were still trembling in his grasp, she didn't look at him. Instead she turned to look at the flowers, still white and pristine.

 

“They've found me.”

 

 

 

 

  

 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A/N:

 

Hey guys!!! Im sorry coz this was rushed but i really wanted to post something. I barely have time to sleep anymore let alone write but it still bring me a lot of happiness so to heck with my exams.

Wish me luck dear readers !