Encounters

Bound

A/N: Theres some suggestive/ual talk at the start but nothing really explicit. Read at your own discretion.

 

 

 

Chapter 15: Encounters

 

Naeun started the morning feeling slightly groggy from working late last night. All she wanted was go to the kitchen, make some coffee and read the news outside at the balcony; her ideal morning.

She heard a bump from the kitchen and wondered if Eunji was already up making breakfast. Alas, she walked into the kitchen only to witness the most unseemly sight.

“Eunji, did you take out the- OH MY GOD! MY EYES!”

 

Of all the things she thought she could stumble upon, Naeun had never expected to walk into Eunji and Hoya raptured in a lovers embrace, making out with such uncontrolled ferocity.

Half-.

In her kitchen.

In her goddamn kitchen!

 

They split apart, Eunji jumped off the work top only dressed in a long T-shirt which Naeun assumed was Hoya's. The later made no effort hide his exposed torso, probably because he was too confident in his well built body.

“Naeun as much as I love you, your presence is really untimely.” Hoya said, his tone was unadulterated annoyance as he crossed his arms, flexing his muscles even more.

“You guys did a horrible horrible thing in my kitchen!” She protested.

“Naeun can I talk to you in private.” Eunji said whilst dragging her roommate out of the kitchen.

 

“You guys did it, didn't you?You guys ed in my kitchen!” Naeun exploded once they were outside of Hoya's earshot.

“Firstly, we didn't do anything in the kitchen. And secondly, I didn't have with him. We made love.” Eunji explained as if it was the most endearing and rational revelation ever.

“Oh god.” Naeun felt nauseous, a sick feeling settling into her, making her gag. “You've become a disillusioned hormonal 15 year old.” She squeaked.

 

“Naeun I love him.” Eunji reassured her friend whilst squeezing her hand. Naeun saw the twinkle in her eyes and the curve if her smile when she spoke of him.

She really did love him.

 

“It's just all so fast.”

“I know.”

“Are you sure?”

 

“Coffee?”Hoya asked, peeking through the kitchen door only to earn shouts from both females.

 

“Not now Hoya!”

He sulked before disappearing back into the kitchen.

 

“Did you at least use protection?” Naeun asked, apathetic about the sensitivity of the subject.

“Naeun!” Eunji looked scandalised as a blush crept onto her.

“I'm being serious here!”

“Look I know you have a distrust of him considering your history with men.”

“That doesn't begin to cover it.”Naeun snorted.

“But trust me.”

“I do.”

 

“Don't be prude.” Hoya said as they came back into the kitchen.

“I'll have to sanitise every inch of the house now!” She groaned whilst rubbing her temple.

“Don't be such a drama queen Naeun.” Hoya rolled his eyes.

“Wear a shirt Lee Howon or I'm kicking you out!”

 

“Do we have your mother's approval now?” Hoya childishly asked Eunji and wrapped a hand around her waist and rested his head atop her shoulder.

“Ugh. Stop doing such lewd things.” Naeun grumbled before grabbing her bag in her room and also shuffling around to find her shoes before unlatching the door.

“Where are you going? Isn't it your day off?” Eunji asked.

“Which is exactly why I don't want to spend my weekend in this house. Just because I approved of you two, doesn't mean I could tolerate you guys making kissy faces at each other all day long.”

“Bye Naeun!” Hoya waved at her whilst grinning impishly probably happy that he'll have a morning with no interruptions.



Naeun left without a word still processing the totally abnormal events that happened that morning.

She somehow found herself at Jardin du Luxembourg, sat on one of the metal chairs there. There were hundreds just littering the Parisian parks. She was engrossed in a long-ago abandoned “Anna Karenina” by Tolstoy, in hopes of picking it up again. Since it had been awhile since she read anything these days. Whilst munching on some colourful macaroons under the shade of some elm trees.

She turned the page and slowly read through page 167, sipping a refreshingly cold iced Latte.

 

A bark of a dog startled her and made her look up from her peaceful reading. A Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was bounding up the paths towards her. It stopped too abruptly that it landed on its head, tumbling clumsily.

“Woof!” It looked up to her with the cutest eyes ever. She scooped it up in her arms and cooed at it adoringly.

“Don't you know you have to be leashed in this park? What if you're caught you silly little thing? They'll take you away to the pound.”

“Lady! Lady!” The dog owner called for its dog with a squeaky toy.

“Woof!”

 

“Lady, that's your name isn't it?” She asked whilst flipping the collar tag, there really was engraving with the words ‘Lady’ on it.

“Lady!”

Naeun looked around and finally saw an exhausted figure in a black track suit not far away from where they were standing.

 

“Myungsoo?”

She should've realised from the all black getup.

 

“Naeun? Are you stalking me?” He squinted and asked in disbelief.

“Pfft. You wish.” Naeun scoffed and resumed tickling Lady's belly. “When did you get a dog?”

“I'm looking after her for a hyung. He's gone to Venice for a week.”

 

“She's adorable.”

“She's a handful.” He corrected her.

“You're just terrible at taking care of her. Don't you know they don't allow dogs that aren't leashed here?” Naeun scolded him whilst pouting cutely at Lady.

“Then you take care of her!” A stab of envy spread through him and for once he was jealous…

 

Of a dog.

 

Snap out of it Kim Myungsoo!

 

“Why are you at the Left bank on a weekend anyway? Isn't Sunday your only class-free day songsaengnim?”

“Firstly, you have to got to stop calling me songsaengnim and I came here because Hoya is at our place.”

“With Eunji?”

“I caught them making out in the kitchen! My kitchen!” Naeun said angrily again but paid more attention to pinching Lady's cheeks.

 

“Those kids.” He shook his head in disdain. Think of all the lovey-dovey things they'll do in front of him now.

“There are just some things I can never unsee now.” Naeun shivered and patted Lady's soft Blenheim coat.

 

“At least they're together.” Myungsoo shrugged and dragged a chair to sit next to Naeun. He noticed a box of macaroons on top of a copy of Anna Karenina.

“In a big city like Paris I still manage to run into you Kim Myungsoo.” Naeun shook her head.

“I'm guessing meeting you was just fate.”

“Or tragedy.” Naeun piqued.

 

“Whatever our fate is or may be, we have made it and do not complain of it. Vronksy said that.” He quoted so eloquently that Naeun had to admit she was impressed.

“Really? I must have not gotten to that bit yet. Honestly, Tolstoy is too long.” She huffed.

“Read it till the end. It's worth it.”

Naeun smiled amusedly and looked down at Lady who was curling up in her lap.

“I will.”

 

“Seriously though... you can keep her. I'm going to eat!” Myungsoo said walking away from her.

“Myungsoo!” Both Naeun and Lady shot him a cute puppy face and Myungsoo didn't know why, but it felt like a form of torture instead. His heart clenched and he began to stutter embarrassingly.

“F-fine. Let's go to lunch.” Myungsoo relented and gestured to the park entrance.

Naeun caught up to him with a delighted Lady trailing in her path.

 

“Woof!”

 

 

 

 

"Whatever the present moment contains,embrace it as if you had chosen it"

-Eckhardt Tolle

 

 

/////////////////////////////

 

 A/N:

Sorry guys, just came back from my grandma's pension.

Lady will be making more appearances and her owner will be revealed soon enough!

hehehe hope you guys liked this one, and I was wondering if I should include more Hoji moments?

Please subscribe, upvote and comment me your thoughts ! 

kamsa~ ^_^