Demons

Bound


 

 

 

 

Chapter 36 : Demons

 

 

Myungsoo set her down gently on the bed, but she was shivering uncontrollably. He instantly regretted getting her a dress with short sleeves. Taking off his jacket, he swung it around her shoulders and rubbed his hands together before holding hers, then he cupped her face softly, brushing the tears from her cheeks. She sniffled slightly and her head fell to his chest before raising her hands slowly to pull him into her arms. Myungsoo sighed, rubbing her shoulders to keep her warm.

“I'm sorry I gave you a heart attack.” Her voice was muffled into his chest and he smiled slightly at how adorable she was even in such a situation.

“It's okay, I get those daily every time you smile.” He said and she sniffled a laugh.

 

Naeun glanced up at him before grimacing.


“There are a few things I have to explain. But I can't explain them all, not now. I don't want to ruin this trip.”

“I understand.” He nodded, taking her words seriously and he brushed her face gently.

“I hate myself. I'm so sorry for doing this again and again and hurting you. I'm so sorry, Myungsoo. You don't deserve this.”

“Hey… we all have our problems. It's okay if you're not ready to tell me everything.” He lifted her head to face him.

“But it's frustrating for you! I'm constantly holding back and I can't even explain why!” She groaned.

“Naeun…”

 

“No, it's unfair! Especially for you… I wish I wasn't like this… I wish things didn't happen the way they did.” She sighed, pulling at the bed sheets.

“Naeun, I'm perfectly fine. I'm more worried about you right now.”

“Myungsoo.” It was the way she said his name. It wasn't like how she usually called him. No this time it was laced with need and desire.

“You don't have to explain.”

“Of course I do. Kai-”

“You don't-”

“Kai, better known as Kim Jongin is my stepbrother. My father is Son Seungmin, my mother is Park Eunbin. I'm the heiress of the Viason Corp.” She said it all too quickly, in one breath.

“You're the daughter of the richest man in Korea… and you lectured me about buying you expensive dresses?” His question was somewhat irrelevant, he knew, but it was the first thing he thought of.

“I didn't mean to! It's just I owe a lot of people. Not just for their money but for their protection.”

“Protection from what?”

“I ran away from home. I was 19 when I ran away.”

“Why?”

“I can't tell you.”


He sighed.

 

“I mean I can't tell you now. After this, in Paris. I promise I'll tell you everything. I'm sorry. ”

“Can I ask you something though?”

She nodded.

“Did you love him? Kim Jongin?”

“Not like how I love you. He was more of  brother figure I guess.” She smiled slightly, remembering of times before. But her smile disappeared quickly.

 

“But he did break my heart. I can't forgive him, Myungsoo. And I don't think he can forgive himself.”

“I understand. I just wish you didn't hide something so big from me.” He shrugged awkwardly.

“I'm sorry. My past is not something I'm proud of. I may be the daughter of the richest man in Korea. Though I have lived a privileged life… I can't say I lived happily. I don't think I knew what love was until I met you.” She placed his hands against her chest, he felt her heartbeat underneath his palms and blushed.

“Do you trust me?”

 

“More than anyone else. But my demons are not mine alone. I am a mess, Kim Myungsoo. I am a mess that will forever be like this. You won't be able to change that part of me. My demons will smother you to death.”

“Then my death won't be in vain. For all the world would have to bear witness to how much I try. And if I die trying, then the earth will bear witness to my sacrifice. Because Naeun, I love you.”

“I love you too.” She cried silent tears and leaned in to kiss him, wrapping her hands around his neck and he held her waist. But the chaste kisses turned to passionate ones quickly. It was something about her eyes, brimmed with tears. That made his heart swell in pain, because she had been badly hurt before. And not even he could protect her from herself.

 

Her fingers still trembled as she pulled him by the neck. He grasped her waist tightly, like she was a sinking stone and he wanted to drown with her. Blindingly, she pulled at him. For a moment, he wanted to relish in her warmth, to get drunk on her intoxicating scent. How easy would it be to let her have her way?

It was tempting.

His kisses travelled down her jaw and whispered things he wouldn't normally have. Maybe it was because Naeun was making sounds she wouldn't normally have either. Her heartbeat was beating wildly in his ears but however musical her sighs became, he couldn't help but feel a lingering sense of disdain. Her hands started to his dress shirt but when she touched his abdomen with the lightest of touches, he pulled away like he was shocked.

 

“Naeun, mon coeur, I don't want to pressure you. Especially when you're in such a fragile condition.” He croaked, still adjusting to the wonder before him.

She blinked, holding a breath before the words tumbled out of .

“Don't you want me?”

He groaned.

 

“Of course I want you!” He hid his face in the crevice of her neck, wishing that the embarrassment would be secondhand to.

With their bodies pressed so close together and with her hands on him. The mere thought made him groan again. The growing tension was killing him, though he has to suppress his own pent up excitement. If he could, he would take her right there. They were in position after all. 

“It's okay. I'm okay with waiting since you're not ready.” She said jokingly, caressing his cheek softly.

“I just don't want you to regret rushing into things.” He faced her.

“I would never regret loving you. In any way, Myungsoo.” She kissed his cheek and smiled back at what perhaps maybe is God's greatest gift to him.

All the money or fame or power would never compare to having her in his arms.

He realised he would do anything for Naeun.

 

“I'm going now. Sleep well.” He kissed her hands before getting off her bed and heading towards his bed.

 


 

There was a full moon outside her window. 

Naeun tossed and turned in her bed, the image of that night haunted her and all she could remember was Kai's face. He was always handsome, even now. He looked even more so with such a beautiful fiancee.

She didn't want to close her eyes. Because she knew she would be greeted by nightmares that always seem to plague her in these occasions when she felt more helpless than usual.

What if she screamed in her sleep again?

 

Naeun felt panic rise within her and she grabbed the keys on her bedside table, opening the door. The sight of Myungsoo sleeping in his bed, his chest rising and falling slowly. She made her way to the bed quietly and slipped into his bed. He sensed her from the shifting weight of the bed and the familiar scent of her soap.

“Couldn't sleep?” He asked, not even opening his eyes.

“Yes. I'm sorry I woke you up.” She whispered. He shook his head and wrapped his hands naturally around her. Naeun shivered at the touch, the way his hands felt hot against her silk nightgown.

“Goodnight.” She leaned her head against his chest, letting her heart calm down, feeling her eyes go droopy already.

“Goodnight, sleep well.” He kissed the top of her head.

 

Naeun hoped she wouldn't get nightmares lest she scream his name.

 

 

 

 

 

 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

A/N :

Can I just say I'm loving all the theories about Kai and Naeun! Lol you guys are really running wild with your imaginations. But hmmmm... we'll see...

Please comment and tell me your opinions ? theories! 

Thank you for reading !

Oh and Merry Xmas everyone ! 

 

Beta reader: MAH FEELS ARE EVERYWHERE!!                              KYAAAAAAA!! And Merry                                             Christmas^^