Trip

Bound

 

 

 

 

Chapter 32 : Trip

 

The guilt was ruining her.

 

She stared at the diamond earrings as every facet reflected the sunlight. They were so pretty. They make her feel the worst.

“They sure look expensive.” Eunji whistled creeping up behind her.

“They are. Well probably… I don't know. They were a gift.”

“From Myungsoo? That boy is sure pampering you.” Eunji said, her accent coming out and nudging her friend on the elbow.

“No. They were a gift from Chorong.”

“Park Chorong? Woohyun's fiancée? Why did she get you earrings?”

“To warn me.”

 


 

“Naeun unnie, your boyfriends here!” Hayoung said excitedly just as the students were leaving.

“Can you be any more annoying Hayoung?!” Naeun hissed, blushing pink infront of her students as they shuffled out of the class.

“I think she's a great assistant.” Myungsoo smiled, hi-fiving Hayoung. Naeun snorted and washed her hands but surprisingly, he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Yah! This is my classroom. I'm supposed to be professional!”

“I don't see any students. Do you?” He smirked, pecking the side of her cheek.

“Aww you guys are too cute.” The moment was shattered as Hayoung fangirled out loud. Both of them turned to glare at Hayoung.

“Sorry… I should go… Nice seeing you oppa.” Hayoung smiled sheepishly before slyly leaving the studio for her lunch break.

“Myungsoo.” She sighed,pouting cutely and turning to face him.

“Wae? Why are you acting so cute all of a sudden? Are you jealous that Hayoung is so close to me?”

“Why should I be?”

“You know this could all be solved if you called me oppa.” He said, pulling her closer than propriety allowed.

“Like hell will I do that.” Naeun smiled an angelic smile whilst gritting her teeth.

“Of course you won't.” He chuckled, pecking her nose next.

“What brings you to my studio?”

“Well… first I was gonna take you to lunch but there is another pressing matter at hand…”

“Like how much you miss me?” Naeun said sarcastically.

“Since when have you been this cheesy?”

“I learnt from the best.” She winked.

“Actually, I noticed how tired out you are.”

She had been having trouble sleeping ever since Chorong and Woohyun's visit.

 

“Do I look that bad?”

“No you looked stressed out and exhausted. You're overworking yourself.”

Being plagued by nightmares does that to a person. She thought but didn't say it aloud.

“I'm fine Myungsoo. Thank you for caring”

“Then let me take you away.”He whispered, caressing her cheek softly.
“I initially said no to a little business endeavour my brother wanted me to go to. But…”

“But?”

“Come with me. It's nothing to business related, it's just a ball. I'll have to shake a few hands, talk to some important people, secure allegiances and that's about it. It's at Mont St Michel.”

“Myungsoo… my work…”

“I already worked it out with Hayoung. She's rearranged your classes so that you're totally free for the next 3 days.”

“You went in cahoots with Hayoung behind my back?” Naeun sputtered in disbelief.

“Yes… I did.” Myungsoo grinned and kissed the side of her cheek again to calm her down.

“I have no choice in this matter do I?” Naeun sighed.

“Nope.” Myungsoo shook his head cutely, his wide grin gave his dimples the full effect.

“Well… I guess Mont St Michel will be nice.” Naeun smiled slightly. 

“I knew I could persuade you with underhanded tricks!” He smirked triumphantly.
,“Okay… so what about lunch?”
He smiled, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles.

“I knew you would say that.”

 


 


Naeun dragged her suitcase down the stairs, whilst Eunji babbled on about family planning and how she should be careful with a sly guy like Myungsoo. She nodded like she was listening but she did catch a few words that made her blush pink.

“You know… we're still not at that stage yet so don't be so judgemental of him Jung Eunji. He's very aware of my limits and what I can handle.”

“I know… but boys will be boys. And you're a very pretty lady Naeun. No wonder your students keep falling in love with you.”

Naeun shook her head and ducked under her hair shyly.

“I know unnie. Geez you're starting to sound like my mom.” She teased Eunji, she got her head flicked by the elder.

“You know me. I'm always to worried about you.”

“I know. I'll be fine. I trust him and you should to.”

 

Eunji and Naeun waited by the sidewalk, Naeun was wearing a white cotton dress. A silk scarf was tied around her neck, sunglasses that Eunji lent her and a floppy hat for extra sun protection.

When the red Ferrari pulled up infront of them, Eunji whistled appreciatively.

“Well isn't it just a beauty?” Eunji said out loud. Then Myungsoo jumped out of the car, a wide smile plastered across his face.

“Hey. Let me help you with those.” He easily carried her luggage with one hand.

“Yah Kim Myungsoo! Come here for a second.” Eunji dragged him away for a while, whispering something that made his ears turn red.

“O-Okay.” He coughed. Whatever was, Naeun could only assume he was more blunt to him than she was to her.

“Bye guys!” Eunji smiled and waved as Myungsoo opened the car door for Naeun.

“Yah don't have too much fun with Hoya whilst I'm gone.” Naeun shouted from the car. Eunji smirked.

“But we've already made plans!”

Naeun shook her head and prayed that they would at least not trash the house whilst she's gone.

“Water my plants!” She shouted and Myungsoo chuckled before shifting gear and driving away.

When they were on the road Myungsoo payed attention only to driving and Naeun had to admit, for once he looked kind of manly. But she almost burst out laughing at the idea.

He caught her staring at him as the busy Parisian streets faded into more calmer traffic with less crazier drivers. His tense shoulders relaxed as he drove with more ease.

 

“Have you been staring at me this whole time?”

“Don't kid yourself.” She snorted but he simply smiled, handling the steering wheel with one hand whilst his other hand reached for her hand. They intertwined naturally, his hands perfectly encompassing hers.

It took about three and a half hours to reach Caen but when they neared Mont St Michel, they could see the tidal island off in the distance. Myungsoo pointed out the monastery on top of the little fantasy island. The roof was down and Naeun was enjoying the wind in her face and the smell of the sea.

They took the scenic road where the roads wound above the beautiful white cliffs. The views never failing to make Naeun gape.

 

Myungsoo sped up as the roads became more deserted and the place became more secluded from the world. Myungsoo squeezed her hand and put kissed them. 
As he drove faster Naeun clutched her hat and her scarf fluttered in the wind. Her ringing laughter made Myungsoo smile.

It was just them and the wide expanse of the coast with endless possibilities.

She leaned in to kiss his cheek and he smiled widely at the affectionate gesture.

“Thank you for this.” She whispered and he chuckled.

“Your welcome.”

Naeun was determined: nothing could ruin this trip.

Nothing at all.

 

 

 

 

 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A/N :

I have a lot of really bittersweet memories of my first love at Mont St Michel. The thing with first loves are that they're impossible to let go off. It really does haunt you. There may be other people, but it really is hard to forget the first. But I love Mont St Michel nonetheless, it really is a beautiful place and being there with someone you love is special enough.

I hope I'm able to give the place some justice but words can only convey so much.

It's really best to see it in real life one day ^^

Please do comment  !