Ante Meridiem

Bound

 

Chapter 26: Ante Meridiem

 

It had never occurred to Naeun that at 5 in the morning, the loud banging on her door would be of all people: Kim Myungsoo.

 

She looked absurd when she opened the door. In her silk nightgown, a cooking pan in her hand ready to hit any drunken brutes that would assail their home, the place was notorious after all: Montmatre was crawling with drunkards looking for some harlotry.

 

“Myungsoo? Why are you here?!” She shout-whispered in the dark.

 

“Well... good morning to you too.” Myungsoo greeted sarcastically, rolling his eyes in the process

 

“Why are you here at 5 in the morning? Seriously did you set your alarm clock wrong or something...”

“No.”

“Then why are you here?”

“I’m here because Hoya did something reckless last night.”

 

“Come in.” Naeun ushered him in, with the ridiculous cooking pan still in her hand. She put it down on the coffee table and he raised an eyebrow questioningly.

“I was paranoid.” She said unconvincingly.

His eyes trailed up from her hand to the edge of her sleepwear, which was revealing more skin then his eyes were used to seeing. Naeun felt his eyes burn at the sight of her and she rather slyly pulled a woollen throw over herself, feeling extremely conscious suddenly.

 

“Ehemm... Now if you care to explain why you so boldly came here so early in the morning?”

“Well... I.” He gulped, eyes landing on a silver rosary that settled between her collarbones, just above her bosom. She pulled the throw tighter around herself and he looked away, gulping guiltily and blushing.

 

“Howon got himself into an accident last night.”

 

Naeun’s eyes widened and the thought of Myungsoo checking her out immediately evaporated from her mind.

 

“Is he alright?”

“Physically I think he’s fine. And that’s not even the worst part.”

“No one got hurt right?”

“Fortunately... he wasn’t that drunk when he took my Ferrari.”

“He crashed your Ferarri?!”

“Almost. My baby is currently at the mechanics for some recuperation.”

 

“Baby? Seriously?” Naeun rolled her eyes whilst he made himself comfortable on her couch, putting his feet up on the coffee table, but he put them down when she sharply glared at him.

“What? Are you jealous?”

“Don’t be ridiculous! I am not jealous of your car.”

He smirked eyes daring her.

 

“Baby.”

 

She walked out, into her bedroom but before she could slam the door in annoyance, his foot jammed in between the doorframe.

“Yah! Don’t come in here!” She shouted.

“I’ve shown you mine, it’s only fair I see yours.” He smiled cockily, testing the springs of her bed. “Tit for tat.”

 

“Why are you here?”

“Is it so wrong for me to greet you warmly in the morning?”

“Cut the crap.”

 

“Naeun I can’t take it no more!  HOWON ALMOST CRASHED MY FERRARI! He keeps getting drunk and he’s a mess...He needs Eunji. I need Eunji to go back to him Naeun! He’s driving me insane!”

 

“I can see that.”

 

“I can’t let nature run its course anymore Naeun! I’m exhausted dealing with a despondent Lee Howon!” He sighed dramatically before nonchalantly laying on her bed.

 

“You’re really an unwelcomed guest right now.”

“But you don’t mind me here.” He smiled.

“I do mind! Get out!” In an angry to push him off her bed she accidently tripped on the edge of the carpet, landing (coincidentally) on top of him.

 

Ugh.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Naeun apologised, blinking her eyes when they were so close to his.

 

“Don’t be.”

“Are you hurt? Am I heavy?” She asked, though her head was still disoriented.

 

“Not at all.” He chuckled, his warm breath tickling .

“In fact,I should visit in the wee hours more often.” He said, eyes landing on hers.

 

The throw had fallen of her shoulders and her hair tumbled down in waves, caressing his face. Naeun attempted to lift herself off him but his hands had found way around her waist; his touch warm against the cold of the satin of her nightgown.

 

“Myungsoo!” She protested as his hands held her to him tighter until there was no difference from where his shirt ended and where her nightgown began.

 

“Don’t go.” His voice whispered lowly. Instead Naeun looked away, the seductive pull was imminent and didn’t want to give him false hope. But when his lips grazed the sensitive skin if her neck she felt as if she had just been electrocuted.

 

It didn’t stop there though.

His lips navigated their way to her jaw, pressing hotly against her jaw.

 

Her breath hitched as she suddenly forgot how to breathe.

 

So this was what Eunji meant when she could die of pleasure.

 

She let him for a luxurious moment, to kiss her flushing skin tenderly but when he dipped his head to her collarbones she pulled away.

 

“Myungsoo stop.” He pursed his lips, tearing himself away from her as she covered herself with the throw on the floor.

 

She hated herself for pulling away.

From resisting his advances.

 

“I’m sorry-”

 

“You don’t have to apologise for anything.” He sighed and looked away. But she could see the frustration and hurt in his eyes. She had wounded him with her constant rejection.

 

“Myungsoo I-“

 

“Seriously Naeun, could you get any louder? What’s with all that racket here?” Eunji leisurely came into her room, her messy bed hair partially covered her eyes and she was still blinking in confusion when she saw Myungsoo.

 

“Myungsoo... what are you doing here so early in the morning? Did I just interrupt something?”

 

“You didn’t interrupt anything! This is not what it looks like!”

“Oh really? Well who would expect you two to take my advice seriously and actually hook up? Just be sure to use protection!”

“We didn’t do anything!” Naeun protested though the slight flush on her cheeks were evident.

 

“Your advice always seems to lead people astray.” Myungsoo bit back harshly.

“And then what is a stray dog like you doing in Naeun’s room?” She challenged back.

“Eunji!” Naeun blushed, scandalised that Eunji had suddenly been so rude.

“Naeun has not done anything wrong. I came in stubbornly even when she insisted I stay out of her room.”

“Well you are a stubborn mule.”

“Eunji! He’s a friend now please don’t be so rude.”

“He’s more than a friend but I totally don’t like him taking advantage of your virtue.”

“I’m not clean of sins Eunji.” Eunji flinched at her words. “Don’t make me seem like I’m a saint.” She chastitised the elder sternly and Myungsoo change of attitude in Eunji when she immediately backed off from saying anything else. He knew the look in her eyes.

 

She was scared.

Scared to break Naeun.

 

Like something in Naeun’s words had whipped her back into sanity.

 

“What are you doing here anyway?” Eunji asked suddenly realising that his presence was perplexing mystery in itself.

 

He smiled, and all-knowing smile that Naeun had began to recognise. He was planning something, something devious and wicked.

 

“We’re going on a trip.”

 

 

And Naeun knew that her day was going to be a catastrophe.

 

 

 

 

"Touch has memory."

-John Keats

 

a/n: plz comment guys , I would really like to read some comments from my lovely readers... ^^