A Request

Meeting You (The Series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 4 A Request

 

“I’m going, Mom!” Ryosuke said before stepping out from his house in an early morning. He had to do morning jobs for the rest of the month.

“Be careful on your way,” he heard his mother’s voice.

Today he wore a dark brown cargo pant on the bottom and a white shirt on top. Adjusting the strap of the bag on his shoulder, he put on his earphones as he used to and chose a track-list from his phone to play. He walked across his front yard and continued to saunter down the street. Yet, he only barely made the second step on the street in front of his house when suddenly a voice called him.

“Yamada-niichan!” a child voice was heard from behind.

He turned around and widened his eyes. He saw Akira jogging toward his direction while Mirai walked behind the boy, smiling at her brother’s sudden action.

It’s bad…

He exclaimed in his mind as he felt his cheeks grew warmer. He did not want to blush in front of her. That would be very embarrassing.

“Yamada-niichan, good morning,” Akira had arrived in front of him.

Seeing the cute boy, he could not help but smile. His nervousness was swept away by the sudden light feeling when he saw the cheerful Akira smiling back at him.

“Akira,” he greeted while plugging the earphones out from his ears. “Good morning.”

“So Neechan is right. Yamada-niichan will be my neighbor, yay!” Akira pumped up.

A small giggle echoed and he looked up only to see Mirai standing before him.

“Ah, good morning… Shida-san,” he took the first initiative to greet her.

She bowed a bit, “Good morning, Yamada-san.” She glanced at Akira before turning to him, “I’m sorry for disturbing you. Akira was so happy when I told him you stay in the next door and he wanted to meet you.”

He placed a hand on his nape. “Oh, that’s fine,” he said while thinking about a topic to talk. “So… you’re staying in Suzuki-san’s house now?”

“Yes. I’m working for her,” she answered, the subtle smile never faltered.

“Niichan,” Akira’s voice pulled him to look down.

“Yes?”

“Niichan look cool with eyeglasses,” Akira complimented him. He did wear eyeglasses since his eyes were too sore to wear contact lenses.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter