Birthday Presents

Meeting You (The Series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10 Birthday Presents

 

Ryosuke could not get rid of his nervousness whenever he would perform, even though he had been ten years in this entertainment world, so unlike the idol image he showed to public. Yet, today’s concert, particularly this session, caused him broke out in cold sweat. His nervousness reached the new peak.

Today was May 10th. This concert was the time he would perform in front of the girl he loved for the first time.

“Are you alright, Yamachan?” Kota noticed his unusual wary and approached him, inviting attention from the rest of the members.

He mustered a smile, “I’m alright. Just nervous.”

The others observed him thoroughly and suddenly he felt as though he was scrutinized.

“You sweat even before we start. You’re sure you aren’t sick?” Yuto held out a small towel to him.

He took the towel and used it to wipe his sweats off. “No. Don’t worry.”

“Five minute. Please stand by.” A staff bellowed an instruction.

“Yosh! Let’s give our best in the last concert today!” Hikaru pumped up the spirit of all members.

The others were in high spirit as this was the last concert in Tokyo before they continued the tour to the next cities in a couple weeks later.

He inhaled and exhaled breaths to calm himself before joining his friends to form a circle, arms stretched around their shoulders, holding each other as though transmitting courage and comfort. They took turn to say their words to the others, each wishing the best for the concert and that their fans would enjoy their performance.

As he looked at the face of each of his friends, he came to understand that there was no one among them who did not feel nervous. Yet, they should strive to live up to everyone’s expectations.

Everyone…

This gave him a new awareness. He just realized that it was not good to only intend to look good in front of Mirai. Everyone came to this concert hoped to see him, them, performed. He had to give them all he had.

As his turn came, he smiled widely, and spoke with a loud voice, “Let’s show them what a true concert is!”

**********

Ryosuke threw himself to his bed. He was so tired. After the concert ended this evening, they had a long discussion, evaluating the concert and talking about the preparation for the next one. As he stretched out, he smelt sweat on his clothes and scrunching his nose.

“Ah, I need a shower!” He muttered to himself.

He did not get a chance to shower after the concert. Thus, putting aside his exhaustion, he got up from the bed, retrieving his towel. He took a quick shower, just enough to rip the sweat from his body.

Finally feeling clean and a bit fresh, his exhaustion returned. He stifled a big yawn then lied down on his bed. Sleeping was the only thing in his mind now. Yet, as he started dozing off, his phone rang. He sat up immediately as he recognized the ringtone. It was the ringtone he had specifically set for Mirai. That successfully made him forgot about his sleepiness.

He grabbed his phone from the table beside his bed and quickly opened the new message from her.

Sorry for disturbing your rest, Yamada-kun. I just checked my phone. I’m surprised that you know my birthday. From Akira, is it? Did you give me the tickets because of that?

He smiled. He had texted her right after he got his phone after the concert ended, asking whether she enjoyed the concert and, after convinced himself, adding the line of a simple “Anyway, happy birthday.”

He quickly sent a reply.

Yes, I knew it from him. And… the tickets were indeed for your birthday. It’s alright to give my friend a birthday gift, isn’t it?

Seconds after, her reply came.

You’re too kind, Yamada-kun, but thank you very much. I enjoyed the concert. It was amazing. Oh, and my friend asked me to say thanks to you for the free ticket. I didn’t tell her it’s from you (Yamada Ryosuke), though. Hope you don’t mind.

He remembered that he had handed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter