Before the Storm

Meeting You (The Series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 19 Before the Storm

 

 

Ryosuke tightened his jaw as he saw his manager, Anji Kamiya, ruffled his own hairs in distress as he was talking in the phone with people from his agency. The news of him going out with a girl had spread out though it was only a few hours ago the candid pictures leaked out in the newspaper.

“So, how bad it will affect Yamachan or us, Anji-san?” it was Hikaru who asked when Anji-san finished. He had been staying in the hospital with Anji-san, ever since this morning.

“We haven’t been sure how deep they have digged in the issue. It may affect the sale of Jump’s new single, and more likely it will drag us down,” Anji-san explained.

“How about the other party? I mean, the girl I was travelling with,” he carefully brought up the topic.

He knew Anji-san was disappointed at his carelessness, thus when he received a hard tone, he was not surprised.

“As long as they don’t reveal her face or her identity, she should be fine. And instead of worrying about her, you should worry about your carreer, Yamada. If they play their card right, this simple issue can jeopardize all you’ve been craving till now.”

“I’m sorry,” that was the only he could say.

“But the agency can take care of the issue, right?” Hikaru mediated their conversation.

“It is different from the usual issue,” Anji-san brought up the newspaper and spread it on the bed over the blanket covering him. “See, this is a high quality pictures. Usually they only had the blur ones, but not this time. It seems taken by professional. So, to be careful, we may conclude that they knew how your friend looks like, and that by this time they have got a hold on her identity.”

“That fast?” he could not help to ask.

“You never know how the press working, Yamada. It is too easy for them.”

“How is Johnny-san’s reaction?” he asked more.

Anji-san heaved a big sigh. “Got mad of course, but he is dealing with the issue now. He instructed you to just stay here and keep out from anyone except your family.”

He nodded in obedience.

Heaving a sigh once again, his manager added, “I’ll have to reschedule yours and Jump’s activities. I’ll be off.” And without further ado, Anji-san strode out from his admission room.

Being left alone with Hikaru, he could not see the man in the eyes since he was very embarrassed for causing such trouble to his group. First, he fainted when they were supposed to perform, and then the scandal happened.

“I’m really sorry, Hikaru-kun,” he muttered, bowing his head to apology.

“Don’t worry too much,” to his surprise Hikaru presented him an understanding smile. “I’m somehow relieved to know for sure that you’re normal.”

“Eh?” he could not follow the line.

Chuckling, Hikaru plopped down the sofa in the corner of the room, “What, you’re twenty one and never once we knew you going out with a girl, not even a gossip other than the one when you were in high school. Don’t blame us for having such thoughts.”

He faked a frown, but the curving on both side of his lips and the bright glints in his eyes failed him.

“How is everyone doing?” he remembered about another worry.

Taking a sport drink from his bag, Hikaru answered, “They are still busy with work. I’ve finished first so I came here before them.”

“How about the performance last night?”

“Ah,” Hikaru exclaimed after gulping down some of the water. “At first we were panic, but then we realized we should be professional, thus we performed without you. It was rather weird because of the sudden change in the dance formation, but overall it’s done.”

He le out a breath, “I’m relieved.”

“Don’t think too much for the time being. Anji-san and our agency will handle it, and should something needs to be done, we will be here to support you. So, just take a rest as Johnny-san instructed for now.”

He was really grateful to his friends’ support. Thus with a lighter heart, he followed Hikaru’s suggestion to take more sleep.

**********

It was afternoon when Ryosuke was left alone. All JUMP’s members had just left his room after an hour visiting him. His mother and his little sister were going to cafetaria to catch their forgotten lunch since they rushed to the hospital after hearing the news about the scandal.

The newspaper from this morning was lied on the table, on its side was the evening newspaper which still featured his issue. He grew worry since he did not hear a thing about Mirai. His mother did not meet her that day. Grandma Suzuki’s son had just returned for a short break in his duty as diplomat, and they all, including Mirai and Akira, went for a picnic since this early morning.

As he could not suppress his axiety, he decided to called Mirai. His heart beat faster in anticipation as he waited for her to pick his call. She did not pick it up, though, or so he thought before in the third call, a soft voice was heard from the other line.

“Moshi moshi,” her voice greeted him.

Gulping down a lump, the words he had arranged in his head got messed up, and in the end he could only said back, “H-hi Shida-chan.”

It was the way he called her since their trip to the beach. It was a slip of tongue when he first called her out with that honorific, but she did not say anything that he assumed she did not mind.

“Yamada-kun,” there was something unusual in her tone but he could not grasp what exactly that was. “How are you doing?”

“Fine...I guess,” he muttered the last word lowly. “Erm, what are you doing?”

“I’m shopping groceries. Why?”

He subs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter