Troubles Brew

Meeting You (The Series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 18 Troubles Brew

 

 

Ryosuke’s eyes fluttered open. He winched slightly and reclosed his eyes as they were hurt by the bright light of the room. Slowly, he blinked to adjust his sight to the light. When his eyes were fully opened, white was the only thing he saw. He tried to sit up, but the painful throbbing in his head forced him to lie back on the bed. He glanced around and found out that he was alone, in an unfamiliar room. Assessing his surroundings, he recognized the particular smell his nose caught, the interrior of the room, the clothes he was wearing, and also the identification-bracelet around his wrist. It was no doubt that he was in a hospital.

Why am I here?

He tried remembering what had caused him end up in the hospital. The last thing he remembered was that he was waiting with the rest of his bandmates for their turn in a tv program. They supposed to perform for promoting Hey! Say! JUMP’s new single.

Ah, yes. That time...

He recalled the performance. They would perform twice in the opening and in the main segment. Before coming to the tv station, he had been feeling rather unwell, he even got a fever. Yet, being him, sick was not a reason to cancel a job. So, he went through his schedules that day, and eventually met up with the rest of JUMP to depart to the tv station. They were doing the last minute rehearsal when suddenly a painful throb attacking that he even had to ask for a short break. His friends noted that he was pale that day and asked if he was alright to continue, and he answered them with apologetic smile for making them worry and saying that he would be alright. And yes, he was indeed fine, but temporary. He could still dancing and singing through their first turn. Yet, it went downturn as after the first performance, when they were walking to the backstage, another painful throb attacked that he had to halt his steps and support himself by leaning on the side wall.

“What’s wrong, Ryosuke?” he remembered Yuri’s voice was the first one he heard as his eyes started getting blurry.

He shook his head to get rid of the pain, and was about to answer when the throb getting stronger and he frowned deeply as his eyes almost saw only black. He felt a pair of strong arms holding him by his shoulders. It was probably Yuya who had been walking behind him.

“Yama-chan, you are burning!” Yuya exclaimed, alerting all the members who rushed to him.

Someone touched his forehead, and the next thing he remembered was he could only heard the crowd around him, not only his bandmates, but also the voice of the tv staffs and other performers, before he completely blackout.

He rubbed his temple as he remembered that. Sudden worry interrupted his thought. If he passed out after the opening performance, then how about the main segment? Did he just jeopardize his group’s chance? He groaned in displease.

“You’re finally awake, Yamada-kun,” a voice had him turned his head toward the door.

He saw doctor Nakamura, the doctor that his agency had particularly appointed to take care of their talents –since there was no way Johnny-san would let any random doctor work on his idols— walking toward him with a nurse. He tried to get up once more, but halted by Nakamura-sensei. The doctor then instructed the nurse to adjust his bed so that he could sit while leaning back on it.

“How long I’ve been unconscious, Sensei?” He asked.

The middle age man had a ghost of smile on his face, thing that made him feel comfortable with the doctor, answering, “You’ve been here since last night.”

Nakamura-san checked his temperature, and after seeing the result, the doctor smiled in more relieved tone, “Your fever has completely subsided. God, you’d never know how everyone was so worried last night. You were burning, literally, but still... you are stubborn as always, aren’t you?”

He let out an apologetical chuckle, “I couldn’t leave my jobs, Sensei.”

“Nah, I know you wouldn’t listen to me if it’s related to jobs. Really, you should know your limit, Yamada-kun. Workaholic is alright as long as you don’t overwork yourself.”

“I do apologize. I’ll be more attentive from now on, Sensei.”

Doctor Nakamura scribbled something on his note while answering,“Your manager told me that Johnny-san has agreed to give you a week off. So, just rest properly here.”

“Eh?” he immediately responded. “Should I spend the entire week in the hospital, Sensei? Can’t I just take a rest in my home?”

Doctor Nakamura frowned, “Do you know what you’re getting into, Yamada-kun?”

He was confused and could not understand what the doctor meant.

“You have made an uproar in your fandom,” doctor Nakamura explained briefly.

“Eh?” He widened his eyes in surprise. “Uproar? Why? What?”

Doctor Nakamura shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t really know how the news about you fainted in the backstage leaked out and was brought here, but the result is that your fans now crowding just outside the hospital. Johnny-san even has placed some guards in front of your room to prevent any intruder sneaks in.”

“No way,” he muttered in mix of surprise and disbelief.

“Now,” doctor Nakamura pulled his attention. “Listen to me.”

He obediently nodded.

“It seems you fainted not only due to physical exhaustion, but also emotional distress. Are you having any heavy problems, Yamada-kun?”

“Sort of.”

“Well, whatever it is, don’t let it ruin your life.”

“Yes, Sensei.”

“For now, just consume the supplement I’ve prescribed for you, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter