For Everyone’s Sake

Meeting You (The Series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 26 For Everyone’s Sake

 

 

“Yamada Ryosuke-san of Hey!Say!Jump has just officially filed a lawsuit against X Magazine regarding the leak of his private pictures. There hasn’t been any explanation from Johnny and Associates yet, but it is known that Yamada-san takes the action without bringing the agency’s name. Instead of by the company, Yamada Ryosuke-san has filed the case under his own name.

The lawsuit registered by Yamada Ryosuke-san has stirred pros and cons in public. There have been many cases in which celebrity got their private pictures leaked, yet it is the first time the case is brought to the law court by the person himself. The lawsuit also invites  many reaction from press. Some commented that the act is too much and that the idol is overreacted, some were indifference, and the others remarked that it was his right to sue the party he considers as harmful.

Hey! Say! JUMP’s leader, Yabu Kota-san, told us that they will support every member, and Yamada Ryosuke-san in this case is not an exception. Meanwhile, other members refused to give testimony over the case and asked to wait for the official clarification. So far, we haven’t been able yet to interview either Yamada Ryosuke-san nor his manager for confirmation.

We just got a notification from Johnny and Associates that they will hold a press conference after Hey! Say! JUMP’s concert in Yokohama Arena by the end of this week which is the day after tomorrow. They informed us that there will be two points in the conference: first, the agency’s standpoint will be delivered by Johnny Kitagawa himself, and then Yamada Ryosuke-san will give the press an interview. Let’s hope we’ll have the answers for all the curiosities.

That’s all from the newest headline. We’ll see you tomorrow.”

The sound of click was heard and the television was turned off. In the family room of Yamada family house, Chihiro and Ryosuke was alone watching the television while Mika was upstair and their parents went for attending a party at a relative’s house.

“Will you really be alright, Ryosuke?” Chihiro asked, looking so worried.

He nodded and mustered a smile, “I’ll be fine, Nee-chan.”

“I still can’t understand why you should you go this far for Mirai. She even doesn’t want to admit her feeling for you.”

“It’s not for her, Nee-chan,” He replied. “Just as I told her, I do this for myself.”

“But—“

“Just wait until the plan is laid out. You’ll understand my reason,” he cut her off.

Sighing in defeat, Chihiro brought up another topic, “How about you and Daiki? You have made up with him?”

“Don’t worry about that.” He said while stretching his arms up.

“Nah,” he exclaimed. “I’m going to sleep. I’ll have a rehearsal early in the morning.”

“Alright. I’ll be here until Mom and Dad return,” his sister replied.

After bidding her good night, he went upstair. He heard the tv was before he closed the door of his bedroom.

He had not feel sleepy yet, thus he only lied down on his bed, staring up to the ceiling. He recounted what had happened for the last week. He had been forbidden from going outside unless it was urgent to prevent the media spotting him and forcing an interview. To and from work, he should be driven by his manager and was not allowed to go alone. Regarding his case, his lawyer had been taking care of it that he didn’t need to go to the office by himself except for once when he officially submitted the report and had a brief interview with the officer. The trial itself would be started after JUMP’s tour finished next week.

His phone rang to alert him about new messages received. It was from Yuto who reminded him about the time they should gather tomorrow for rehearsal. Ever since the fact that he filed the lawsuit, his individual activities was reduced so he would have more time to memorize things that he should or he should not say about the case.

Scrolling the screen, he reread the messages from Kanata, Kazumi, and Tachibana-san. They were the only sources for him to know how Mirai was doing. Just a moment ago Kazumi updated him that Akira’s case seemed would be processed faster than they expected because the culprits had admitted their wrongdoings. The faster Akira case was finished, the better, for it would reduce the possibility of Mirai would get exposed by media after he made a press conference about his own case.

Once again his phone rang out. This time it was a call. He picked it up and said hello.

“What are you doing?” the person from the other end of line asked.

“Hmm, just trying to sleep.”

“You better have enough sleep, Yamada. It would be a disaster if JUMP’s face looks terrible.”

“Oi!” he chuckled. “Even with tired face I still look hot, you know.”

“As if you always do so. You’ll look like a zombie if you don’t go to sleep immediately.”

He only let out a brief chuckle hearing the scowl. “How am I supposed to sleep when you keep talking to me?”

“Eh, oh, yeah,” an amusing exclaimed was heard before eventually the other person chuckled. “Well, anyway, good luck for the press conference.”

He mustered a smile despite he knew it would not be seen by the person. “You must have just watched the news,” he guessed.

“Uh-huh. You really make a big uproar.”

Heaving a sigh, he replied, “I do hope it will give a positive outcome for JUMP, though.”

For me and Mirai, too. He added in his mind.

“For you and Shida, too.” Suddenly he heard his thought loudly in his ear, yet with the voice which was not his.

“Eh? Did you just read my mind?” He asked.

“Silly. You knew I know how your brain works.”

He chuckled more before composing himself and sincerely saying, “Thank you, Dai-chan.”

“Not a big deal. Nah, get sleep soon.”

“After you end the call.” He replied.

“You end it first.”

“You are the one called me.”

“But you should be the one cut it.”

He arched a brow, “Why should I?”

“Just do it and get sleep.”

“Oi, you’re being unreasonable, Dai-chan.”

“Nah, just end the talk then.” Daiki insisted.

Heaving an amused sigh, he eventually yielded, “Fine, fine. Oyasumi.”

After hearing Daiki’s reply he ended the call.

It was relieving that he had made up with Daiki. Indeed, they could not quarrel for a long time. He was really grateful that just by a simple reason, Daiki forgave him.

It was when he returned to JUMP’s practice room in the evening after submitting the report and being interviewed by officers. He was dead tired that time because he did not get any sleep the night before, so instead of joining in the practice straightaway, he asked for permission to take a rest first for a few minutes. He went to the other room where members’ bags and belonging was kept, and lied down on the sofa. He dozed off immediately and wasn’t aware of how long he had been sleep unless Yuya woke him up to go home. He apologized for oversleeping, but the other members only gave him understanding smiles.

“Dai-chan insisted on letting you sleep,” Kota told him, and at that time he just realized that Daiki was nowhere in sight.

“He even went to the storage room to get you a blanket. See?” Kei added with humor. “I’m envious on how he treats you.”

He did notice the blanket which he had folded on the sofa, and getting to know it was Daiki who had given that to him despite they were not in good term, his heart warmed.

“Where is he?” he eventually asked.

“Downstair, I think,” Hikaru answered while packing his belonging. “I saw him bringing his wallet. Maybe he want to buy something.”

“Ah, right! He probably buys some food for you.” Yuto exclaimed. “Dai-chan kept mumbling about how skinny you’ve become lately, Yama-chan.”

“I heard it, too,” Keito seconded. “He kept saying that during the practice.”

“Seriously?” Yuya was the one asking. “So that’s why he looked so annoyed.”

“Despite all, Dai-chan is always the worrywart,” Yuri remarked, earning chuckles from all but him who could only smile.

“After all, Yama-chan does make us worry lately,” came the sudden thought from Kota. All laughters receded, substituted by consecutive nods.

“Everyone...,” he struggled to find words. “I’m sorry.”

“What are you sorry for?” Yuya asked.

“I have made you involved in this mess.”

“What mess?” Kei asked back. “Isn’t this a game? Johnny-san said so, didn’t he?”

“Yes, yes!” Yuto energetically replied. “That’s why we should fight to make it as fun as it can be.”

“F-fun?” he could not believe what he just heard. How could they expect fun from a complicated problem like this?

“Ahaha, Yuto is right,” Hikaru joined in. “We’re in the spotlight now. So, it’s better we enjoy it.”

“Just like Chinen now that always wear fashionable attire.” Yuya remarked.

“Yes, because I knew media always follow us anywhere ever since Ryosuke’s case was out. I don’t want to look bad.” Yuri confidently said.

“Me, too!” Kei suddenly in.

“Inoo-chan, too?” Kota made a calculating look. “You don’t look any different from usual.”

“Eh, I do, I do.”

The jokes went on and on while he was only watching.

He still could not fathom how his friends could be so positive about their problem, but it felt like his burden got lighter witnessing they fooled around as though nothing happened.

 “And you don’t need to worry about Dai-chan either,” added Hikaru who suddenly stood closely beside him.

“But—“

He did not finish his line because Daiki chose to appear at that time. Everyone immediately tackled Daiki in the jokes, while the lad was not prepared.

“Look, look!” Yuri rushed to them bringing Daiki’s bag.

“Oi, Chinen!” Daiki yelled a warning.

Yuri grinned uncaringly, then took out some newspapers. “Here, here, and here!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter