The Budding..

Sober Hearts

JESSICA’S POV
 

 

The seven of us were intently listening to Donghae as he told his story when...

 

“AAAAAACHOOO~”

 

Sooyoung just sneezed, which made the guys look our direction. As an instinct, or reflex, the six of us plugged our earphones in our ear and acted as if we didn’t care about what’s happening around us and our dear little Seohyun, who was also shockingly eavesdropping with us, opened her book, as if concentrating on what she’s reading.

 

They looked at us, and then looked away again as they continued their conversation. When we felt that they weren’t looking anymore, the seven of us looked at each other and smiled, holding our laughter.

 

“Aah, Hyuk, before I forget. Thanks for bringing me home last night. I don’t remember exactly what happened, but Mom told me you brought me home... and I looked so wasted.”, Donghae said.

 

“Hahaha. You were. Ahemm. Just kidding. No problem. That’s what friends are for.  Anytime, bro. I salute you right now.” –Eunhyuk

“Salute? Why? Don’t tell me it’s because I’m able to go to school right now despite being so wasted last night, ‘cause bro, I’ll break your skull.”

“No. Not that. It’s just that I didn’t expect you to be that fast.”

“Fast in what?”

It seems like he doesn’t have any idea. Paboya~

“Don’t what me, man. You were with a girl last night. Mwahahaha!”

His forehead formed a crest after what his friend said. He really looked so confused. He’s completely clueless.

“What girl? Are you sure I’m the one who got drunk or is it you? You’re hallucinating such nonsense, man.”

 

“Seriously. You don’t remember?”

 

“Would he ask if he does? Stop being stupid, Hyuk.” Kyuhyun retorted.

 

“Can’t you just go straight to the point? Stop being stupid. You’re being a monkey again.”, added Siwon.

 

Hahaha. They’re funny. Psh. These earphones are being hindrance for my eavesdropping. I couldn’t clearly hear what they’re talking about now. ( > . < )

 

“Okay. Okay. Psh. Just chill. You’re being impatient. You actually don’t remember?”

 

“One more question, and I’m going to smack your head.”

 

“Se—Okay. Okay. Here it goes. A girl called me last night. She informed me about you being totally drunk in *insert name of bar*.”

 

“Say what?!”, the three of them were extremely shocked of what he said.

 

“You don’t believe? Well, ask yourself, how the hell would I be able to know where you were last night for it wasn’t because someone called me? Brain, man. Use your brain. Psh.”

 

“Well...”, he said as if he was internalizing what Eunhyuk was saying.

 

“See? Maybe you were so drunk that you didn’t realize that you were sort of like, I hate to mention this but, flirting with the girls in the bar.”

 

“Him? Flirting with girls? Is that a joke? ‘Cause if it is, then it’s freakin’ hilarious!”, Kyuhyun said and laughed.

 

Siwon and Eunhyuk also joined in the laughter.

 

“So, what do you imply?”

 

He looked kinda offended by what his friends have said.

 

“What we’re trying to say is, it’s not like you to go around messing with girls. It’s sort of like.. our thing.”, Siwon said, trying to explain their side.

 

“Yeah. Back to the topic, I’m sure that it was a girl who called me.”

 

“Does her voice sound familiar?”, Kyuhyun asked, intrigued.

 

“Kind of. But I can’t seem to find a face that would match that voice. So... tell me Hae. Since we’re friends, who’s the first woman you victimized?”, asked Kyuhyun.

 

“Your wordings seems to be improper. You said it yourself, I’m not that kind of guy.”

 

“Well yeah, but you were drunk.”, Eunhyuk said.

 

“I WAS DRUNK. Try to see the logic. DRUNK!”

 

As if on cue, the school bell rang after what Donghae said.  Our classmates also entered the room in a very disorganized manner, most especially the girls. They were rushing in,  just like when a mall has a sale, each one of them fighting to be the first to enter the store to get the good stuff. In this situation, they’re fighting to get the good spot, the seats next to the four guys.

 

I felt someone grab me.

 

“Girls, did you hear their conversation?”, Taeyeon asked.

 

“Of course we did. And did you see our faces after Sooyoung sneezed? Epic!”, Hyoyeon replied.

 

After that being said, we all faced Sooyoung with our angry faces on, even Seobaby had that look.

 

“Yaah~ You could have just sneezed some other time! You nearly got us caught!”, shouted Yuri.

 

We were sure that they will not be able to hear what we’re saying even if we’re already shouting. The flirty noise made by the flirty girls were loud enough to make everyone in the room deaf.

 

“I’m sorry! I was just as shocked as you guys. But honestly speaking, that was so fun.”, Sooyoung defended.

 

We just laughed and laughed until the professor already came in. And as expected, nobody paid attention to what he was blabbering about except for us. They were busy trying to catch the attention of those guys.

 

It was a bit disturbing on our side since we’re trying to understand what our prof. was saying.

 

So in the end, we ended up understanding nothing.

 

When our professor left, Taeyeon stood in front of the classroom.

 

“Guys..” she said calmly.

 

Oh oh. She’s mad.

 

“Guys..”, she repeated, a pitch higher.

 

No one was still listening. They were still crazily spazzing about things.

 

And then the scariest thing happened...

 

Taeyeon shouted on top of her voice.

 

“3!”

 

Gradually, the noise lessened. Though there are still some who were talking.

 

 

“2!”

 

For every count, she shouted even more louder.

 

“1!”

 

Silence....

 

She looked around the room, trying to look into the eyes of each and every one of the students inside the room.

 

“Are you sure you’re already graduating students? By the look of this, you guys are as immature as those freshmen students. Can’t you act your age?”, she paused for a while, observing the reactions of everyone.

 

“Our teacher discussed here in front while you go blabbering about something not related to the discussion, don’t you think that’s a little immature? Now tell me, can anyone of you here explain here in front what tour lesson for today was?”, she said as her eyes scanned the room again.

 

“I guess none. I would like for you to reflect upon your actions right now, and next time, please be considerate about the people around you. That’s all.”

 

Our kid leader here just proved how she deserves to be the student council president. She may be little, but she shouldn’t be belittled.

 

Everyone felt a little terrified after Kid Leader’s lecture-outburst.

 

No one dared to answer back, so the only option they had was to leave the room quietly before Tae’s glares kill them.

 

When everyone left, by everyone I mean everyone excluding us girls and the four guys, we came to Tae to help her cool her head.

 

Then Eunhyuk came to us to ask if Taeyeon was okay.

 

“Yo, Taeyeon. Gwenchanayo? I already texted Teuk, he said he’s on his way.”

 

Oh. Among the four guys here, Eunhyuk is the only one we have had a conversation with.

 

Then Taeng’s super hero entered the room.

 

“Yeobo, gwenchanayo? Teuk texted me. *to Eunhyuk* Thanks,bro.”, Leeteuk said.

 

“Neh. Gwenchana.”, she said as her mad face shifted into a smiling face.

 

 

Let me introduce you to Leeteuk, Taeyeon’s boyfriend. He’s the Vice President of the school’s student council. He’s supposed to be the President, but he gave the position to Tae because he loves here. You won’t believe me when I say this, but he confessed to her in the most unexpected situation.

 

~FLASHBACK~

 

It is the student council election, and everyone is busy campaigning for their candidate. And as for us, we didn’t bother campaigning.

 

“If I win, then I win. If I lose, then we can’t do anything about it. That’s it.”, Taeyeon said.

 

Everyone is now in the LSM Gymnasium for the election proper.

 

The lower positions will be the first to be discussed.

 

Each student is holding a controller that will be used for easy-voting. They just have to click the button designated for each candidate.

 

When it was time for choosing the VP and the Pres, they were given the chance to have a short speech about their capabilities and whatsoever.

 

It’s Leeteuk’s time to give his speech. He talked about his abilities in this and that, and his experiences being a leader in the past. All the blah-blahs.

 

Might just take a nap, this will take some time.

 

“But I just want to tell you that there is another candidate here running for president that is a wonderful person. She’s the most responsible, well-disciplined, and not to mention beautiful our school could have. I hate to admit this.. well, not really hate.. I mean.. Ugh! It took me a long time to gather this strength to say this to her, oh, to everyone of you. Please do vote for her... Ms. Kim Taeyeon.”

 

I was shocked by this, not only me, but also Taeyeon.

 

She froze in her chair, and she looks like she isn’t breathing anymore.

 

Leeteuk left the microphone and went to her. I don’t know where he got the bouquet of flowers, but he was holding one as he approached her.

 

Out of embarrassment, I don’t know if that’s the right term to use, her head is just facing the floor.

 

When Leeteuk reached her, he slowly lifted her head, revealing an extremely red-faced Taeyeon, and gave her the bouquet.

 

By the looks of this, she’s still hesitating if she would accept the flowers or not, but he smiled to her, leaving her no choice but to accept it.

 

~END OF FLASHBACK~

 

After that day, he started courting her. And after 3 months, she answered her and they became the “Ruling Couple”. We only knew then that she also had feelings for him.

 

We really felt bad that time because we thought Taeyeon didn’t trust us enough to tell us she like him. But we resolved it after a short period of time, and we promised to not hide anything like that again to each other.

 

 

 

After lovey-dovey couple talked to each other, Leeteuk called out his other friends to finally introduce them to us.

 

You might not believe this, but as what I have said before, Eunhyuk is the only one we have ever had a conversation with. Since he’s Leeteuk’s friend, and not to mention Hyoyeon’s dancing counterpart.

 

“I know it’s kinda late for me to properly introduce you to each other, but what the hell..”

 

He grabbed one of his friends and introduced them one by one to us.

 

“I guess you’re all familiar with Eunhyuk, since he’s in the dance troupe of the school together with Hyoyeon.”

 

“Hi, girls. Hi, Hyo.”, Eunhyuk said and smiled... not to us but only to Hyoyeon and Hyoyeon smiled back to him.

 

Hmmm. I smell something fishy here. ( ~ . ^ )

 

“This is Siwon, the ever-so-popular Casanova of the school. Don’t worry girls, I already warned him not to mess with you guys.”

 

“Hi, pretty ladies. Don’t listen to him, I’m not as bad as what you hear from others.”, Siwon said, defending himself.

 

“Whatever you say, bro. Next up, he’s Kyuhyun. Be careful when he’s around, he’s really evil and also a Casanova.”

 

“Hello, magnificent creations. And again, don’t listen to him. He’s just making up stories, trying to ruin my image. I’m harmless. *looks at Seohyun; winks*.”, Kyuhyun said.

 

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaand.............. where’s Donghae?”, Leeteuk asked the three guys.

 

“He’s here. Can’t you see him?”

 

“Whe—DONGHAE?! Is that really you? I didn’t notice you there. You look... different.”

 

“So I’ve heard. Everyone has been telling me that.”

 

“Ah. Back to the introduction, he’s Donghae. The smartest one among us. Pretty talented too, but a bit too shy.”

 

“Hi.”, he said then just smiled at us.

 

“So it’s my time to introduce my girls.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t have to grab as the way Teuk grabbed his friends because we’re used to this.

 

We just took a step forward as we’re introduced.

 

“First up, you probably know her. She’s Hyoyeon. The president of the dance troupe.”

 

“Annyeong. Nice to finally meet the most popular guys in school.”, she said as she gave them a smile.

 

They smiled back, but it was Eunhyuk who had the biggest smile among them. This is really something.

 

“Next up, she’s also a great dancer, and she’s together with Hyoyeon in the dance club. She’s Yuri.”

 

“Thanks for the introduction, Tae. *insert sarcasm* Annyeong. Kwon Yuri imnida. Hope we can hang out some other time.”, Yuri

 

“Let me introduce you to the tallest one among us, also a dancer, and our shikshin. Btw, I envy her. *pouts* She’s Sooyoung.”

 

“Sorry Tae, it’s in my genes. Ayo, guys~ Sooyoung here. Let’s be friends.”, Sooyoung said as she introduced herself.

 

“I’d be doubting if you’re really a student here or not if you don’t know her, she’s the school’s soul siren, Tiffany.”

 

“Hello everyone! I’m Tiffany.”, she said in fluent English with her famous eye smile.

 

“Herro to you too, ma neym ish Eunhyuk.”, Eunhyuk replied with his witty English.

 

“Hahaha. You’re funny. Nice meeting you, Eunhyuk.”, Tiffany said as she extended her hand for a handshake.

 

Eunhyuk then accepted the handshake, but is it just me or can you feel some tension inside the room? There’s sort of like some dark aura near me that’s murderous.

 

And oh la la. I know the origin of the tension now. One of the Casanovas look really (times 10 to nth power) mad.

 

“Let me introduce you to the youngest among us. She’s a year younger, but because of her intelligence, she accelerated and ended up as one of our batchmates.”

 

“Annyeonghseyo, Seohyun imnida. Please to meet you and I hope we can get together more.”, Seobaby said as she bowed her head. For your information, that was a perfect 90-degree bow.

 

“Oh. By the way, we call her Ms. Prim-and-Proper.”

 

“Unnie~”, Seohyun retorted while blushing. Seobaby is so kyeopta~ ( > O < )

 

“And for the last one, our sleeping beauty, Jessica. She sleeps a lot.”

 

What? Oh well, it’s true anyway. No point in denying.

 

“Hello there, also. My name is Jessica, and I’m not going to correct what Taeyeon said because it’s true.”

 

“Okay, so how about we plan a get-together party, since we’ve sort of like met new friend?”