Excessive Happinness and Outcomes

Sober Hearts

AUTHOR'S POV

Jessica felt extreme happiness after the event. It has been long since she last felt that heart-warming feeling.

Her happiness was so great that she felt like it's already too much. Too much that it seems like something bad is supposed to follow next. However, because of she really wants to savor the moment, she shrugged off the thought and carried on embracing the joy.

Why would she bother thinking negatively when the guy she's currently attracted to just declared to the whole world, or in smaller scale, the student body, that he too has feelings for her via a serenade— one of the long list of girls' dreams.

She scold herself for still thinking about other things and doubting Hae's sincerity even after what he has done for her. Right then and there, as he strum the last chord for the song, Jessica made up her mind that she will answer Hae on Saturday night during their "date"-- she still feels shy calling it a date.

The thought made her smile even more.

They were walking down the hallway with Hae holding her hand tightly and the rest of the gang behind her. The way the people looked at them made her blush even more—some were giving them the look of amazement and some were that of jealousy.

It was the first time that they were walking out in public while holding each other's hand. That little gesture made her heart flutter even more. She felt Hae's grip tighten, so she looked at him.

"Your hands are cold.", he said with a sweet smile.

She blushed even more, gaining a soft chuckle from Hae. He finds her really adorable at that moment, so he unconsciously raised her hand and kissed her knuckle. He felt her looking at him, but he acted as if nothing happened and kept on facing forward.

The day went on like usual, the only difference is that there were less guys trying to hit on her. There were none on that day actually.

Just like their daily routine, Hae dropped her off home.

When they arrived at her house's gate, Kangta was also on his way out. "Annyeong, hyung.", Hae said as he saw Kangta.

Just like in the morning, Jessica was shocked as to the two boy's sudden comfortable atmosphere.

"What happened here? Did I miss out on anything? Yah! Oppa! Tell me!", she whined to her brother. But Kangta only smiled at her and looked at Hae.

She looked at Hae's direction and saw that he was also smiling. At a distant view, it would look like the two of them were having a soundless conversation, talking to one another only through eye contact.

She was confused, but also glad, seeing two of the most important guys in her life get along well. She really thought that once she introduced Hae to her oppa, he would turn strict on him, just like any other oppa who had a sister that had her heart broken by another guy.

Jessica went to bed that night feeling uneasy. She was happy, yes, that's really a prevailing feeling, but something inside of her keeps on bothering and disturbing her thoughts. It was quite hard for her to shrug it off anymore, especially since she's now alone in her room.

Donghae felt proud of what he has done and achieved on that day. He finally had her brother's approval, and he got to let the world know about his feelings. It was a sweet achievement, indeed.

When he was about to go to sleep, he texted her a simple "Good night.". He really wasn't expecting any answer from her since it's already late. She may already be asleep, knowing how much she's fond of sleeping. So, he settled down his phone in his bedside table.

Not long after, he felt his phone buzz. He sat down on his bed, smiling, as he reached for his phone and unlock to check the message. Maybe she's also unable to sleep after what happened, he thought to himself.

From: Unregistered Number

Are you still awake?

He smiled to himself. She may have borrowed someone else's phone, maybe she misplaced hers, he thought.

Of course. Can I ask you something?

-Sent-

From: Unregistered Number

What is it?

Did you like what I did? I'm sorry if I only asked now. Did you like it or did it only make you feel more uncomfortable around other people?

-Sent-

From: Unregistered Number

How could I not like it? Of course I do! I know now your true feelings. It makes me feel secured.

Jinjja? Good to know. Umm. Just... just know that I only have feelings for you and the song was really meant for you, okay? The lyrics of the song really embodies what I really want to tell you.

-Sent-

Their conversation continued without them keeping track of time, so they ended up texting one another at around three in the morning. Hae was sweeter when they were texting since he felt more confident because she couldn't see her face.

The next morning....

"How was your sleep?", Hae asked her with a sweet smile when she entered the car.

"Omo! Are my dark circle that obvious?" she said anxiously as she covered her face and reached for her compact mirror. "I really tried my best to cover them up.", and she pouted, gaining a chuckle from Hae who pinched her cheeks and said,

"Don't worry. You're still beautiful."

Jessica was taken aback with the sudden attack of sweet words. Her face heated up and her heartbeat hastened. During the whole ride, the two of them couldn't keep themselves from smiling. It was quiet, but it wasn't uncomfortable, in fact, they were happy with the silence. It made the sweet atmosphere more evident.

But with all honesty, Jessica wasn't really able to sleep well that night.

Thoughts about overflowing happiness and possible negative succeeding event took over her brain, not letting her take even a little rest. She was so preoccupied with her other thoughts that "sleep" didn't come to mind.

Just like those scenes in movies, the gang arrived at the parking lot at the same time. Even they were in awe with what happened, basing on how they were smiling in amazement when they got out of the car.

Before they entered the school building, they first talked about what classes they wanted to attend on that day. It was Friday, so just like every end of the school week, they were given the right to choose whatever classes they desire.

They were so close to having a final decision when suddenly, Seohyun spoke up.

"Why don't we take acting classes instead of just vocal and dance class. We always take those classes. We don't know, it might come in handy someday."

Their initial reaction was expressed through a groan, but they can't resist the maknae's plea, so they let go of their displeased feeling and went on with her request. How can they even resist her aegyo?

On their way to their classroom, they were talking about the upcoming audition.

Sooyoung brought up the topic by saying, "By the way guys, who's planning on dancing during the audition?"

Taeyeon chuckled after hearing Sooyoung's question. It was actually kind of an absurd question since they're known to be goddesses when it comes to singing and dancing.

Of course, the Dancing Trio, Hyoyeon, Yuri and Sooyoung are going to dance and the Song Birds, Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany and Seohyun are singing.

It was only then that they realized that they still haven't seen Sunny's full potential. She sang and danced with them before, but she was shy, so she haven't really given her all.

After hearing and seeing the girls' confidence with their talents, it was only then that Sunny felt so little. She wasn't confident with herself. She's not even sure if she has what it got to be an idol. Maybe what the people are talking about is true, she thought.

Maybe I'm just really holding on to my uncle's name.

Jessica saw the way Sunny lowered her head. Letting go of Hae's grip, she went beside Sunny. She held her hand and smiled at her when she levelled her eyes to her.

"Hey guys, why don't we help Sunny out in choosing the talent she wants to show the panel. She still seems uncertain, but I know she's great.", Jessica said to the others.

They then responded with agreement, with welcoming smiles plastered on their faces. Sunny couldn't help but smile to herself. Why was it only now that I've met these great people?

After checking the day's class schedule on the bulletin board, they walked their way to the classroom where the vocal lessons take place.

Like always, the room stills and keeps quiet as the group entered the room. Everyone considers them as the top students in the school. They excel in almost every field they take part in, may it be dancing, singing or any other form of art. They are "The Gifted Ones", or as the other students call them.

Every student has gone crazy when the two groups, the girls and boys before, started hanging out together. The colliding of awesomeness were so shocking to them. It was like seeing two forms of perfection collide.

The other students made way for them. Some even transferred seats just so the front row would be for them.

They gave the others who gave way appreciative looks.

Sunny felt shy at that moment because people started to acknowledge her presence. It was something new to someone who was either invisible or the target of bullying before.

The girls saw how Sunny reacted to the attention, so they came to her and held her hands, some tapping her shoulders—reassuring her that everything would be fine, that she should relax, that they're there for her.

The girls went back to their seats and they realized that Sunny didn't have someone sit beside her. They gave each other the a look, and were about to stand up again to change seats so that she would sit in between them, but then someone opened the door and made them sit down again, with suspicious looks on their faces.

Sunny had her head bent down, so she wasn't able to witness his enter. The girls also gave the guys a nudge on their shoulders, indirectly letting them know of their plan.

The guys replied with a nod and the same smile they had.

"Oh. Hi, Sungmin! Care to sit with us?", said Kyuhyun.

The guys and Sungmin became close after he helped Donghae with his confession-slash-serenade drama last time.

"Oh, sure. Thanks!", he briefly said. He was wondering where he could sit because it seems that their row was already full. His eyes followed the line of people and stopped when he spotted the last person. Unconsciously, he smiled to himself.

A gift from lady luck, he thought.

He forgot about the other people around him, and he absent-mindedly fixed his hair and smelled his breath. The act didn't escape the eyes of the gang. The girls were trying so hard to shush their squeals and the boys were smirking proudly.

He took slow steps, approaching the direction where a cute little girl was sitting.

When he was standing right in front of her, her head shot up and looked at him. She was shocked, of course. A brief moment where she thought her heart stopped beating and then followed by the rapid thumping of it.

Their eyes met and she could feel something unusual. It was something unexplainable yet so familiar. She always felt like this whenever he was around, yet she still can't determine what that feeling is exactly.

"Hi, is this seat taken?", Sungmin asked, pointing at the empty seat beside her.

Sunny was caught off guard that she wasn't able to answer verbally, instead, she just nodded her head with her eyes still round from shock.

Just like how the vocal classes always goes, the teacher asks Fany to sing in front. She tried to make Jessica sing in front also, to the teachers delight, but she found her way out of the situation by pointing Taeyeon.

The whole class shushes as the two took turn singing. Some were even closing their eyes, embracing the majestic melody and harmony the two possess. High notes after high notes, the two of them reached them all. The teacher was just standing in front, hands clasped together, smiling and moving her head to with the sound.

The two finished and an uproar of amazement followed and the teacher used them, again, as an example.

Luna, a friend of Jessica's sister, Krystal, was amaze by how good the two did. She was a singer herself, but found it hard not to be swayed by the two's powerful vocals. They became her role models.

Jessica saw Luna from the crowd and was about to ask the teacher to make her sing also, since she knew herself that her sister's friend had something to offer, when someone from the back row raised her hand and said,

"Can I sing too?"

One moment, the whole class was in awe, the next, in shock. Everyone's attention was on her now.

Jessica, having a feeling of dislike towards the girl raised one of her brows in mockery. she turned her head to face the girls, but she saw not the same reaction as hers—the girls' brows were creased and were giving each other suspicious looks, excluding Jessica.

She looked at the guys' direction and saw the same weird reactions. She looked at Hae and was unable to get any hint as to what was going on on their minds.

"Are they really that affected by her? Why?", she asks herself.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Okay. So, I'm so sorry guys if it took too long for me to update.

This story has been on going for almost 2 years, and I just realized how awful of an author I am. I accept the fact that I truly am not a dedicated writer, so forgive me.

Another factor for the ((very very)) slow update is my school work. Being under a university that requires almost 20 hours of me, leaving less that 4 hours of sleep and other blahs, I find it hard to write, or even think about a story.

With this, I am asking for your forgiveness. And also, I accept suggestion with regards to the story line. Like I've mentioned, my brain can no longer handle mor thinnking.

 

Much love,

DM :*