To Be W/ You

Sober Hearts

JESSICA’S POV

 

I remember what my father once told me,

 

“Always think of the bad things that had happened to you as nightmares, or simply, just dreams. You should always remember that every dream has its end, and there will come a time that you need to wake up. And when that time comes, you should learn to stand up, forget that nightmare and keep moving on with your life, with reality.”

 

I never really found the importance of that saying when he said that to me, but now I realize its relevance. I always thought of it as just one of those random sayings from my father whenever he gets drunk, I never imagined that it would come in handy someday.

 

Let’s just say that Jaejoong’s coming in to my life was just a dream, a dream that began as a fairytale, but ended up as a nightmare.

 

I fell asleep that night without a heavy feeling inside my chest. For the first time after a long time, I slept without a burdened heart and mind.

 

 

Despite him trying, Kangta oppa didn’t squeeze any relevant information from me. Instead of him trying to think of something to use against me or blackmail, I ended up doing the threatening. I guess it backfired. Hahaha.

 

It’s been a long time since me and oppa last had fun together. Don’t get us wrong! I don’t hate him or dislike him, it’s just a brother-sister thing. If you have a male sibling, you would know that. It’s just our way of showing our closeness, so if ever you see us trying to kill each other, it’s just because we love each other. Well, that’s just an exaggeration. If ever you see us killing each other, call the police.  Hahaha.

 

I’m on my way to school right now, riding my baby pink-colored car. When I reached the parking area of the school, I parked at my usual parking space. I don’t know how this happens, but it seems like the spaces me and my friends always park at has a sort of like an invisible reserve sign, so we never worry about where to park or whatsoever.

When I stepped out of the car, there again was the annoying guy who kept on “courting” me although I kept on rejecting. I couldn’t even keep track of how many times I’ve rejected him, how many flowers ended up in the church, and how many chocolates were given to the street kids. And despite the hundreds and thousands of rejections I’ve given him, he’s still here in front of me. This guy is so persistent. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not making him wait for nothing. Ever since the first day he approached me, I told him not to expect anything from me.

 

“Hey, Sica.”, he said as he approached me.

I just glared at him and walked my way to the school. But I was shocked when he held my arms. It was the first time he did that. Usually, he would just stand behind me, telling me this blah blah blahs, and I wouldn’t care nor even listen, but today he held my arms. No, held isn’t the right word. He had strong grip on my arms, and it was a bit painful. So, I looked at him, and said in a cold, authoritative manner,

“Let go of my arms right now.”

He didn’t reply, but instead, his grip on my arms became even tighter, which made me wince in pain. I tried to remove his tight grip, but he was too strong and I was too weak. I felt scared that moment. It was unfortunate for me because there was no one in sight. Most of the students are probably inside their classrooms now. I felt my feet tremble because of fear. I tried to scream, but nothing came out of my mouth. Fear had already eaten me. I tried to compose myself and give him a glare, this was usually effective in scaring off other people, but it ended up useless. With this being my last resort, I gave him the pleading look, but it only made him smile, the scary smile. And he dragged me into the back part of the parking area.

“What are you doing? Where are you bringing me? What are you going to do to me?”

He didn’t answer me. He just continued on dragging me, until he threw me inside his car. It was a Hummer, the window was really tinted, so no one from outside could see us. He also went inside the car and locked all the doors. I tried to pound on the doors and windows, and scream, but it was no use.

“All your efforts are no use. This car is soundproof and the windows are tinted really dark, so no one can hear all your noise and see what I’m gonna do to you.”, then he smiled the scary smile again.

“W-what are you donna do to me?”, my voice was already trembling. I was really scared up to the point that I couldn’t scream my dolphin scream anymore. I can’t even manage to speak straight.

“Hmmm. Let me think. If you want me to tell you step by step, okay. I’ll first own your lips, then strip off your clothes, then own your body. How does that sound? I’ve always wanted to do that, so I acted nicely. I tried to court you, give you all the flowers and chocolates, but you just rejected them. Since the nice way wasn’t effective, I thought the hard way would do the trick. Don’t worry; you’ll enjoy this as much as I would.”

 

Then he came closer to me and tried to kiss me, but I slapped him even before he laid his lips onto mine.

“Still playing hard to get, aye? I like that. You’re making things more exciting. Hahaha.”, he said and tried to kiss me again, but I avoided him.

 

He held both my hands against his car’s seat and he was on top of my legs, so I couldn’t move them pretty well, then he kissed me in my neck first. I felt really weak that time, and maybe he realized it too because I didn’t fight back anymore.  So he grabbed that opportunity to touch me. He kissed me by the neck, then up to my ears. I couldn’t help it anymore, I felt like I couldn’t do anything anymore, and so, I just closed my eyes and cried.

 

I felt his hand was already inside my polo shirt, and I felt creeps down my spine. I’m gonna lose my womanhood to the guy who isn’t my husband. It seemed like the end of the world for me. He was already on his way to my chest when I heard a smashing sound.

 

I was still too weak and too scared to open my eyes.

 

Out of nowhere, I heard an airy voice mumble my name, and I felt my body being lifted up in the air like someone was carrying me.

 

This is just a dream, a nightmare. Yes. Only a nightmare. But why does this seem so real? This couldn’t possibly be real, right? No. It can’t be real. This is just a dream. I should wake up now, right? I should open my eyes, right?

 

The moment I opened my eyes, I saw his face. Wow. Maybe I was dreaming in my dream. The type when you thought you already woke up, but then it was actually just a dream that your dream was dreaming. You get the point! How awesome of me.

 

Then, a realization hit me. If this is just a dream, then why can I feel his touch on my face, and on my arms? I was just frozen in the middle of thin air, in his arms. I had indecisive feelings. I don’t know if I should feel happy or mad. Happy because I was once again in his arms, or mad because he had the guts to show up. Either way, I was thankful. He saved me from that of a suitor of mine.

 

Is this a sign? Moments ago, I was thinking about only giving my womanhood to my husband, the man that I will love so dearly for the rest of my life, and then he showed up.

 

No. NO! WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?! WHY AM I EVEN THINKING ABOUT THAT?! ( > . < )

 

As much as I want to shout for him to let me go, I couldn’t find the strength to do so. My body was still weak because of that traumatic experience. Since my mind wasn’t in its right state and my eyes were just focused on him because my brain wasn’t processing the fact that he’s back, I didn’t notice that we’ve already arrived at the school’s clinic. He laid me down on one of the bed, then walked to the nurse’s office. Moments after, three nurses rushes in with panic plastered on their faces.

 

“Are you bleeding? Did you break your skull or spine? Do you have bone fracture?”, the nurses asked one after the other .

 

I told them I was alright, but they didn’t believe me, but they just forced me to lay down the bed and told me to ‘don’t even move a single muscle’. I don’t get why they’re acting weirdly like that, it’s not like I got hit by a fast-moving, uncontrolled truck.

 

But come to think of it... I think I’m really ill. Psh. I’m hallucinating. Hahaha. He’s still in my mind, is he?

 

I pinched my arms just to make sure, and.... I felt the pain.

 

So this means that... that.. that he’s really here in front of me and this isn’t just dream or any kind of hallucination? But why is he here? How come..

 

“Jessica, gwenchanayo? Are you hurt? *turns to the nurses* What’s wrong with her? Did she break anything? Should I bring her to the hospital? *turns to me again*Jess, what’s the matter? Answer me! *turns to the nurses again* Why isn’t she answering me? What’s--”

 

So I cut him off and answered him. I told him that I’m alright and he shouldn’t panic and exaggerate things like that. Something inside me wants to speak harshly to him, but I’m too weak to do so... or that’s what I think. The next action he did shocked me. It was the most unexpected thing.

 

“I’m so happy you’re alright.”, then he hugged me tightly and kissed me on my lips.

 

( O . O )

 

Maybe if we’re still together, I wouldn’t bother, but the fact that we... already broke up makes it weird for me.  Maybe I’m not the only one who thought of it that way, I also saw the shift in the reaction on his face. He was as shocked as I am.

 

It was awkward for the two of us, for me especially. It was the nurses who were the once to break the awkward silence, lessening the uncomfortable atmosphere.

 

“Why, you made us scared as hell.”, nurse 1

“See what love can do?”, nurse 2

“Yes, I see it. Love exaggerates things. Boy, she only has bruises, no fractured bone or broken skull.”

 

Then the two nurses left the room laughing, leaving only the both of us behind. Awkwardness level increased to the nth power! But out of the blue and unconsciously, I just blurted out..

 

“Why are you here?”

 

I saw his body stiffened by the time I spoke. He seemed to hesitate if he should turn his head to my direction or just look down on the floor. In the end, he raised his head and looked at me, smiling.

 

Then he said with his ever-so-handsome smile.

 “I’m going to school again...

.

.

.

.

.

To be with you.”