Temporary Escape

Sober Hearts

Jessica couldn't fathom how she already felt better even if they haven't even started conversing yet.

They were just there, sitting, taking sips of their coffee, and not minding the time. It was the type of environment that would snatch your problems for a period of time.

"Honestly, I just wanted to visit you since I haven't seen you in clubs for a long period of time. I just wanted to check how you were doing, I didn't really know that fate made sure the timing was perfect—perfect for me to fulfill my promise.", he said while laughing.

It crossed her mind that his timing was indeed perfect. She really thought that he came to her because he felt like she needed him. Whatever the reason is, she sure is happy that he came.

They shared a good laugh together that then faded with sighs.

"You know what, oppa, I really thought that the second time around, I wouldn't have to go through the same hellhole again. I guess you were, right.", she said as she gets lost in her thoughts.

"Hey. You make it sound like I predicted you'd get hurt again. I just said that the next time you get hurt, I'll be there to support you.", he paused. "Now that I think about it, I actually sounded like I expected this to happen.", he said in awe.

She just laughed at the way he reacted. Even without saying something even close to an advice, he made her feel light-hearted.

"But promise, I never intended it like that.", he said in defense.

"Of course. I know.", she replied.

"Girls like you shouldn't experience this type of pain. What's wrong with the world anyway? Those who are serious and choose to love wholeheartedly are the ones going through much pain, yet the girls who are not even a bit serious about relationships tend to end up getting the serious partners and end up doing the heart-breaking."

I played with my now empty cup of coffee and nod my head in agreement.

"But we can never put the blame on the world, destiny or whatever unseen power. Just like how the elderlies would always say, sometimes we have to go through a lot of before we get the prize."

"Old people don't cuss like that.", she said chuckling.

"Nope. My halmoni does. She's fluent at that actually. She could go on all day talk about things and exert some cuss word somewhere in between."

With that, the two of us laughed so hard like there was no tomorrow.

When they felt like they already had a stomachache due to excessive laughing, they stopped and took in a deep breath.

"Oppa, thank you.", she said after the laughter subsided.

Although her hurting wasn't vanished, at least she felt better after spending some time with him. It's way better than drinking herself to numbness. Her sober state allowed her to think about the situation clearly.

She slowly lessened the distance between the two of them and embraced him tightly. She's a bit clingy, so it's her way of showing appreciation, to show how sincerely thankful she is of his presence.

He didn't say anything. He just smiled and hugged her back with one hand and the other playing with her hair.

The afternoon passed by so fast that they didn't realize it was already past 5. It was a perfect time for them to sit back and relax in the port.

The view became a hundred times more marvelous than it already has as the sun started to disappear from the horizon.

Sunsets truly are amazing.

She just looked at it until the energy-producing sun was no longer in view.

"So, what do you want to do now?", he asked.

"I don't know actually. What can you suggest?"

"I've always wanted to treat you. Somewhere that isn't a bar I mean."' He said, laughing at his own remarks. "I've always treated y in those type of places, but right now, I want to eat dinner with you at some place cozy." He added.

She didn't bother declining his offer. Who in his or her right mind would decline free food anyway? Especially from someone who helped you get through something emotional.

They walked back to his car and drove somewhere he suggested, saying that the place is the coziest place ever and serves the best food. Of course, Jessica trusted his preference, they became close because of that anyway-- that and the fact that they were together when they drank.

 

 

She was so preoccupied by his presence and temporary happiness that she forgot to check her phone. Preoccupied or not, either way, she would still ignore her handphone.

Beyond her consciousness, the people she left behind at their school are already panicking, trying to find her.

 

 

They've searched every bar she frequented in before, and the ones that are near them, but she was still nowhere to be found. They were racking their brains for her possible location, but every time they try to find her in those places, she's not there.

They were hopeful that she was actually telling the truth that she was going somewhere urgent, but they knew deep inside that the reason was caused by the early morning scene.

You can say that they already contacted everyone they knew, maybe they were with her. Her brother was the last one they reached out to, they were afraid that her brother would act all protective again if he knew that her sister was going through to it again, now that he started to let his guard down with Hae.

Nervously, Taeyeon entered his digits and called him.

He cheerfully greeted Taeyeon and asked her if she needed anything.

"Oppa. Annyeonghaseyo. Uhmm, I was wondering if you're with Sica right now. Are you?", she nervously asked.

He was silent for a while, trying to analyze the situation basing on how Taeyeon talked. He knew that something was off, and he was afraid that it was going to happen again.

"No. Why, what happened?", he briefly replied, his voice strong and firm, yet full of concern.

Taeyeon nervously laughed and said, "I was just wondering, oppa. W-we were going to ask her to go watch a movie.", she lied.

"But aren't you together. She's not home yet, so I thought that she was still with you."

"A-aniyo. We were dismissed early, so she said she had to go to somewhere.", she lied again.

Good thing Leeteuk was beside her, holding her hand and the rest of the girls were giving her encouraging looks.

"Have you tried contacting her?"

"Neh, oppa. But she's not answering her phone.", she finally said something that's true.

"Aiigoo. Maybe she's shopping. You know that girl, once she's started, her focus is only on finding the perfect items."

She gave off an awkward laugh and replied, "M-maybe. Thank you, oppa. Sorry for disturbing you."

"No worries. Have fun. Bye!", and the call ended with that.

Without even the others uttering a word, she answered their curious thoughts.

"She's not with him. He said that she may be shopping that's why she's not answering our calls."

They gave each other unsure looks, and Tiffany said, "Let's just wish that what oppa said it correct."

 

They couldn't do anything at that time. They already checked all the places. All they could do is to just pray that, like Fany said, Kangta was right.

It was already dark, so they decided to go their separate ways and just contact each other if they have any news.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun was driving, on his way to his apartment, when he caught a glimpse of a figure of someone familiar. He dangerously stepped on the brake and put his car to a sudden halt.

His eyes followed them as the figure entered the building, a hotel, with someone unfamiliar, and that of the opposite gender.

He hurriedly fished out his phone and contacted as many people as he can by just saying, "Found her. Hotel. With someone.", and just end the call and contacts another person.

After receiving the call, everyone scrambled their way out of their respective location, leaving whatever prior appointments they have.

They were all in the state of panic, but Kyuhyun didn't give them any hint as to where this hotel he was referring to was located. They all hot-headedly texted him to give them the address.

He was so focused on looking at the hotel's door that when his phone burst with angry texts, he got shocked and almost threw his phone out of his car.

The texts added to his feels and not long after he sent them, a number of cars came rushing near him.

He exited his car,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and got hit by a rushing car and died.

I'm just kidding.

 

He came out of his car, only to be welcomed by a mad Donghae. He was mad, but you could also see the fear in his eyes. He held Kyuhyun's collar and somehow lifted him up of the ground.

With gritted teeth, he said "You better be sure you saw the right person."

"or better if what he saw was wrong", he thought to himself, not able to think what he could do or feel if ever she really was there.

The rest held Donghae back, while Seohyun concernedly fixed Kyuhyun's collar and asked if he was okay.

Kyuhyun sheepishly smiled to himself and acted like he got hurt somewhere near his neck, making the concerned and naive Seohyun lay her gentle hands there.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun bent his body forward and produced a sound of pain.

"You still got time to make some moves when the situation is like this already.", Eunhyuk said after he hit Kyu's head.

"Y-ya! Don't hit him like that. Shouldn't we be thankful that, at least, we have information about Unnie's wereabouts?", Seohyun said in defense.

Kyuhyun may not have acted it, because of the fear of being hurt again, but deep inside, he felt very happy. Not only did she touch him (on the neck!), but she also protected him against the monkey.

They entered the hotel, and headed straight to the check-in and information desk.

They immediately asked if someone by the name of Jessica checked in the hotel and they described her and asked if someone with the same characteristic entered the hotel with another person.

They tried their best, but because of hotel policy, they weren't able to get any information. Because of their persistence, the lady behind the desk felt like they were already causing a scene and could possibly cause trouble, so she threatened that if they don't leave by the instance, she would call security.

However, they were so hard-headed that the threat didn't work on them. The lady had no other choice but to call security to them out, leaving them, also with no other choice, but to exit the establishment.

They decided to just wait outside, but when it was 11 in the evening, they started receiving threats from their parents and guardians that if they don't arrive within 20 minutes, they's be grounded for a month and their allowance would be reduced.

The girls, being the obedient type, started to panic, yet they were still unsure if they'd take the risk or not. They were also concerned with their friend, but they're too afraid to disobey their parents.

The boys, bowever, being the opposite, were already on their last warning. If they don't take it seriously this time, they're going to go hobo for the following month.

They left andd only Donghae was the one remaining. He persuaded himself that it wasn't Jessica that Kyuhyun saw. It may have been someone with the same structure. Besides, Kyuhyun said that he only caught a glimpse, so he was unsure if what he saw was the legit Jessica or not.

 

He decided to just wait for her near her house. He didn't park at the front of the house because that would make him look suspiscious to her brother's eyes and would cause some commotion that would end up to him being the reason.

Due to being drained up physically and emotionally, he fell asleep as he waited.

 

 

 

 

He woke up at the sound of an engine near him.

At first, his body was too caught up sleeping that he was still slowly moving and stretching, but his body immediately wake up when he saw the car park in front of Jessica's house.

He checked  the time and it was already past midnight.

He wasn't able to take a look of the driver because it was already dark and the windows were too tinted, but when he saw the door open and close, revealing a girl with blonde and streaked hair, his heart started to rapidly beat and shatter.

The girl was smiling and laughing while exciting the car. She was adorable when she yawned as she waved her hand, trying to playfully shoo away the unknown person inside the car.

The car started to move and she waved her hands.

"Annyeong, oppa!", she half-shouted with a smile on her lips.

He just looked at her, with an unpaintable face filled with questions and pain, not able to move.

 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, hey guys! Are you still there? If you are please beep my notifications by voting or my commenting (or both!).

I'm really sorry if it's only now that I updated this story. Actually, it slipped my mind that I posted it here, in this website, so I only updated the one in wattpad.

So here are three chaapters, hope you enjoy it! :)