HIS Side

Sober Hearts

If you love someone, showing them is better than telling them...<3

 If you stopped loving someone, telling them is better than showing them.. 3

 

 

...and followed by five other guys*

 

But I was too late. Those Amazonas are really fast. They already entered the clinic and saw him.

 

I didn’t even have a chance to speak up, and as expected, their mouths began to turn into unstoppable killing machine guns. They were blabbering, I mean shouting things to Jaejoong nonstop, and if I try to intervene.. “Don’t you dare take his side. You have a lot of explaining to do.” ..

 

I couldn’t take it anymore. It’s not that I don’t understand their emotions, but they said that I had a lot of explaining to do, so why aren’t they listening to me? Why are they giving me the chance to do so?

 

“GUYS! STOP IT!”, I shouted at the top of my lungs.

 

All heads then turned to my direction. I’m not the type to do this thing when I lose my temper, but this is the only way I can take their attention and stop them from “harassing” him.

 

Taeyeon was about to speak, but Leeteuk pulled her to him and held her hands to calm her down. The other girls just gathered together and talked to each other, trying to calm each other down. I just waited for them to cool down their head, before talking again.

 

“I know that this is shocking you, believe me, I’m also shocked. But please, I beg you. I already told him I’m giving him another chance. Please, let him prove himself again.”, during the first part, I was looking straight at them, but when it was near the ending, I couldn’t have the courage to look at them anymore.

 

“But Sica, he already hurt you before. Once is enough for a wise man, Sica. Once.”, Tiffany said.

 

“I know, Fany. But everyone deserves a second chance, right? If God can forgive us all from our sins, then why can’t we, just mere humans, be unable to forgive others?”

 

“Unnie. You know I’m not the type to in during conversations without logically rationalizing the situation, right?” *nods* “so what I’m saying is, don’t you think giving him another chance is like committing suicide for the second time?”

 

In my peripheral view, I saw Jae lower his head and face the floor. It was an image of discomfort and embarrassment. It was like he was scolded by his parents in front of other people, the only difference is that he got humiliated by my friends in front of other people.

 

“Guys, I know that you’ve seen me during the times I was suffering. Don’t you think me giving him another chance and possibly, us being together again, could bring back the old Jessica that you know?”, I said, trying to explain the reason why I gave the guy, who broke my heart, another chance.

 

But before the others could answer, I added, “Maybe.. maybe if I give him another chance, I could fix my heart again.”, I said as I lowered my head, unable to face the people who were witnesses to the Jessica who once was broken.

 

I stood up to leave the room, but before I closed the door, I said, “Life is about trusting our feelings and taking chances, and losing and finding happiness.”, I left the room with that being said and with a bitter smile plastered on my face.

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

I couldn’t look straight into her eyes anymore. She’s unable to look at me. That only means that she isn’t sure about how she feels anymore. She’s not sure about what she feels about me anymore.

 

"So tell me how you would do that."

 

That made my almost-dead body into its alive state again. It’s like moments ago, all the energy in my body got out, but when she spoke, it drawn back in again.

 

"I don’t know exactly how to do if yet. But I assure you, I will do my best to gain your trust.. and love again.”, I enthusiastically said. Yes, I may not yet be sure of the things I will do to take her back, but I’m sure that I will do everything in ability to succeed. I’m willing to risk my career just to make her mine again.

 

( O . O )

 

I saw shock in her face. It seemed that she was panicking, but I don’t see any reason why. Maybe she’s thinking that I will do something bad again. Maybe she’s thinking that I will also do the same thing the guy at that car was about to do to her. She just came from a traumatic situation, she may be feeling paranoid at the moment.

 

I was about to stand and tell her that I’m not planning on doing such things to her, but then the door swung open, revealing five girls and five guys who were, moments ago, looking so worried, but when their eyes landed on me, looking so angry.

 

It took me a few moments to scan my memory to know who they are, but when I finally found their faces in my memory, I felt ashamed. The girls were her friends, I saw them taking care of her during the times she was trying to hurt herself. They were the ones taking care of her when I was dumb enough to put my stupid career first before her. They were the ones taking care of her when I wasn’t able to face her and apologize.

 

I expected to hear this. All the things they are saying are true. I was ashamed. Really ashamed. Huh! The truth hurts, right? That’s why I feel hurt hearing them say the things I did wrong. I guess I deserve this. Ever since Jessica and I met after the breakup, I haven’t heard her say anything like these. So yeah, I really deserve this. But I just lowered my head, I felt so ashamed of myself, facing them is like facing my final judgement.

 

“GUYS! STOP IT!”, I heard her shout really loudly.

 

I saw one of her friends about to speak up again, but her boyfriend pulled her. And her other friends gathered together, maybe they’re planning about what to say to me.

 

“I know that this is shocking you, believe me, I’m also shocked. But please, I beg you. I already told him I’m giving him another chance. Please, let him prove himself again.”, I noticed how she was unable to look straight into her friends’ eyes. She really isn’t sure about her decision. I know her, she’s the type of person who can’t look straight into your eyes when she’s not confident about what she’s saying.

 

“But Sica, he already hurt you before. Once is enough for a wise man, Sica. Once.”, her best friend said.

 

“I know, Fany. But everyone deserves a second chance, right? If God can forgive us all from our sins, then why can’t we, just mere humans, be unable to forgive others?”

 

“Unnie. You know I’m not the type to in during conversations without logically rationalizing the situation, right?” *Jessica nods* “so what I’m saying is, don’t you think giving him another chance is like committing suicide for the second time?”

 

They can’t accept me anymore. If her friends can’t accept me, then how can she? I felt sad at the thought of that. Maybe that’s that. It’s already final, this is what I get for doing wrong.

 

“Guys, I know that you’ve seen me during the times I was suffering. Don’t you think me giving him another chance and possibly, us being together again, could bring back the old Jessica that you know? Maybe.. maybe if I give him another chance, I could fix my heart again.”, she said. Still unable to look at her friends.

 

Half of me feels sad because she’s unsure about her decision. But half of me is happy because she gave me another chance. This is making me more motivated to do my very best t prove to her again that she’s the only girl I love, that I repent from ever leaving her before. I couldn’t help myself but smile widely because she gave me another chance, although she’s unsure.

 

She stood up, and was about to leave the room, but before she got out of the door she said, “Life is about trusting our feelings and taking chances, and losing and finding happiness.”, then she closed the door, leaving me with her friends inside the clinic.

 

It was a very awkward atmosphere. The most awkward one I’ve ever been in. I was afraid to lift my head up, thinking that if ever my eyes landed on one of her friends’, I could die in here. I could feel the intensity of their stare; it was full of anger and disbelief.

 

The whole place was booming with deafening silence, when someone broke the ice.

 

“Someone should tell her that although life is about trusting our feelings and taking chances, it is also about appreciating the memories and learning from the past.”, said the guy who was already leaving the room. I wasn’t able to see his face, only his back. But I can hear weight on each and every word he says. I’m a guy, and I know that the words he said meant something, and I think I know what it is.

 

I hear their heels thump against the wooden flooring of the room, and not long after, I heard the loud banging of the closing door. Even without looking, I could still tell that I’m with other people inside the room.

 

“Dude, we may not know what exactly happened, but if ever you hurt her again, I can’t guarantee that you’ll still be able to walk out of this school using both of your foot.”, one of the guys said as he patted my shoulders and left the room. He was then followed out by two other guys.

 

And the last remaining guy, who was with his girlfriend, said, “All I can say to you is it’s not about how many times you tell someone you love them, it’s about how many times you prove that you do.”, he said with a small smile and left the room.

 

I smiled back. At least there’s one person who somehow understands my situation.

 

I heard some footsteps coming to my direction again, and I prepared myself from follow up badmouthing, but to my surprise, it was only the two nurses.

 

“You can rest here for a bit if you want.”, they said with a small smile as they also left the room.

 

I felt a heavy feeling in my heart. My head also feels heavy. Even my eyelids. Everything that happened to me today was a lot to take in for me.

 

I didn’t realize, that I already drifted into sleep....

 

I opened my eyes because I felt a soft touch on my face. The touch felt so familiar. It felt so comfortable. And just like what I usually do when she does this to me, I pulled her closer to me and was about to kiss her, when I realized that no longer is the same situation as before. So I let go of her hand and faced a different direction.

 

"Uhm. I'm sorry." I said as I scratched the back of my neck. I heard her soft chuckle, so I lifted my face only to see the love of my life smiling, I mean laughing. That was an angelic sound, it made my heart flutter.

 

Yeah. It sounds gay, but what can I say? That's what love can make you do. It makes you go crazy and do the things you don't usually do.

 

"You're spacing out.", she said, making me snap out of my trance.

 

I looked at my watch and realized it's already lunch time, so I asked her, "Have you already eaten lunch?"

"Not yet. One of the nurses went to me after my class, and told me that you're still here and I should get you out before they leave for a lunch break. Or else they'll lock you in here and let you starve."

 

"Oh sorry for dragging you into this. You even had to go to a different place when you're supposed to eating at the cafeteria by now. And for that, would you mind if I ask you to eat with me? My treat."

 

"I don't mind", she said, but still unable to look at me. Although it's bugging me, I'm just going to brush off the feeling of sadness I'm feeling right now. Her allowing me to eat with her is enough reason for me to feel extremely happy.

 

So we went to the cafeteria together, while I was holding her things. At first, she didn't allow me to do it, but with a little push and aegyo, she gave up let me take her things. I usually did this before whenever we were together. I would bring her things because she should be treated like a princess, since she's my princess.

 

On our way to the cafeteria, people were eyeing the two of us. Both the guys and girls we were passing by were looking at us. Oh. I forgot to mention that I also used to study at this school. I wasn’t really the popular type back then, but I changed when me and Jessica started going out. I didn’t want to make her look bad everytime we’re together, that’s why I improved the way I looked, and while I was at that process of metamorphosis, I also attracted a lot of attention from the student body. Well, not only them, but also from people outside, that’s why I got the job offer of being a model.

 

Most of the girls were looking at me, so I smiled back, just so I won’t be labelled as someone rude. And most of the guys were looking at her, that just made me feel angry. I’m a guy and I would know the meaning of their looks. That just made my possessiveness .

 

Without any hesitation, I grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to, never letting go. That’s a guy’s way of saying “she’s mine”. And by the looks of it, they understood the message I was trying to relay to them.

 

But it didn’t take long when I noticed that she already stopped walking. Then I realized that I made a wrong move. We’re not in the situation and in the right relationship to do this thing.

 

I feel so stupid, so I let go of her hands and apologized. “I-I’m sorry.”, I said while looking down.

 

“I’m hungry. Let’s go.”, she said before taking her first step. Since I already made a humiliating mistake, I decided to not walk beside her anymore, but walk behind here. Si it looks like I’m just following her.

 

I opened the door for her before we entered the cafeteria. So from the inside, it would look like it was only her who just walked in. I really planned to do that, make her take the lead, and check the situation first before entering.

 

As expected, her friends greeted her when they saw her, but their reactions changed right after they saw me enter. What do I expect, they would greet me warmly?

 

I looked around the cafeteria to check if there is a vacant seat I could possibly seat on, but unfortunately, the only available seat was the one next to her friends. Euthanasia, that’s what’s going to happen if I decide to sit here. So leaving would be the better choice.

 

“Uhm. Jessica. I forgot. I have to go to the principal’s office to get my papers fixed for my transfer.”

 

I was about to turn my back and leave, but one of her friends, if my memory serves me right, Taeyeon spoke, “The office is probably closed by this time.”

 

“It’s lunch break anyway, so don’t expect that the principal and other school faculties would be there.”, Tiffany added.

 

“Why don’t you join us for lunch, Jaejong-ssi?”, said Seohyun.

 

Damn! That was really a stupid excuse. I didn’t think of that. Psh! Saying that  have LBM would be a better excuse than that, but saying that is kind of... humiliating. I’ve humiliated myself in front of them enough for today.

 

So what choice do I have? If I say no to them, I would have a worse image. If I plan to gain back Jessica’s trust, gaining her friends’ would be the first step.

 

In the end, I had no choice but to stay and feel the intense aura given off by her friends. I was the one who bought her food since I already told her that I’d treat her. I would lie if I deny the fact that I presented to buy just to escape that murderous atmosphere.

 

I have to get their good side, so I bought drinks for them. one of the cafeteria employees assisted me and helped me carry the food items I bought to the table we were settling in.

 

“I don’t like grapes, it makes my throat feel dry. And I can’t have dry throat, I can’t sing properly. No thank you.”, even before I handed them the drinks, they already rejected me.

 

Good thing the employee hasn’t left yet. I asked him if he can change the grape-flavored drinks into orange-flavored ones. He just nodded, left, returned and replaced the drinks.

 

“Jessie, you remember when I went to the doctor last month? He told me not to eat nor drink foods and drinks that are citrusy. I might end up coming back to the hospital again.”, I didn’t even have the chance to open my mouth to offer them the drinks, and for the second time, I got rejected.

 

I have to strengthen up. I know that this isn’t going to be easy for me. Wooing her friends and her won’t be a walk in the park, this would take a lot of patience. But I know that if I succeed, everything will be worth it.

 

I decided to be wise, if they still think of other clever oppositions, I don’t know what to think anymore. They must really hate me if they still don’t accept these.

 

“I apologize for the inconvenience, mister. This will be the last.”, I said to the employee with a sly smile. I feel guilty for making him come back and forth just to change the orders I ordered. He just nodded and smile at me in response.

 

I looked at them, and I can see that they’re trying to think of something to cover things up for them to not accept these. But I guess they didn’t think  of any. So eventually, they just accepted the water I bought for them. Clever, aye? Even doctors can’t go against this. They even recommend to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Come to think of it, I’m doing them a favor, I’m also making them healthy, ‘cause instead of buying other drinks that has preservatives and other artificial flavourings, I bought them the so-called universal solvent.

 

He-he. I feel so smart. \( *^ _ ^* )/

 

Oh. Snap out of it. This isn’t even half of the things I expect them to do. They could probably reject me in worse ways.

 

I ate in silence while they conversed comfortably. This situations make me feel like I’m just part of the wind, they know about my presence, but they don’t mind since they can’t see me. And with this kind of treatment, it’s better that you be one with the wind. I ate silently, what else do you expect?

 

But I can feel a pair of eyes looking at me. It made me smile.

 

“You can stop looking at me like that. The Ice Princess’ powers won’t work, instead of freezing me, I might melt ‘cause of your stare.”, I whispered, just enough for her to hear.

 

I looked at her and saw her face turn tomato-red. Not only her head but also her ears.

 

“That was just a joke. Don’t take it seriously, princess.”, that made her face redder. How can I describe this? Or should I say Ferrari red? Hahaha. That’s a bit of an exaggeration, but she really is as red as that.

 

If moments ago, I felt really awkward and uneasy because of the treatment her friends are giving me, right now, I feel less troubled.

 

 

Wow. I might say that this is the longest update I have ever done.

 

And this is all because of your support! I reached 1000 reads! Hooray! So this sort-of-long update is my thank you gift for all of you~

 

If you have some spare time, leave a comment down there ↓↓↓. Or you could also give some thumbs up or, as what asf calls this, an upvote. I would really really REALLY appreciate it.

 

SARANGHAEYO CHINGGUDEULS~ ♥